Final

Lee Jinki and the Quest of the Holy Chicken

 

[POV: Taemin]
 
 
I was holding his soft and warm hand in mine, playing gently with his fingers. Both our heads were turned downwards, looking at them as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. I smiled, thinking this was something I wanted to remember forever. One week earlier he had confessed. To me, it was a big shock, I couldn't believe my ears. But it had really happened: Jinki had confessed his love for me. I had been in love with him for as long as I could remember. But I never thought we would ever be together like this. 
 
 
I turned my gaze to his face. He had closed his eyes. I squeezed his hand,
 
 
"Yah~ sleepy~?" I asked. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, I could see that there was something on his mind. 
 
 
"Hey~ something wrong?" I asked carefully.
 
 
"Did you know that the Vatican City is the smallest country in the world ...?" He said, looking at me. I just laughed and continiued playing with his fingers. We stayed like this for a long time, just enjoying eachother's company. It was comfortable, just staying like that. No worries.
 
 
"How do you feel?" Jinki suddenly asked, making me look up at him.
 
 
"I feel peaceful, happy ..... loved" I replied. Jinki gave me a big smile and moved his free hand up to caress my cheek. He looked happy as well. Jinki watched my hand while I slowly put it on top of his. I hiccuped when I saw him coming closer,
 
 
"Omo~ you're so cute~" Jinki said and looked into my eyes,
 
 
"You're cuter" he whispered before he locked his lips with mine.
 
 
~
 
 
[POV: Jonghyun]
 
 
It was a quiet and calm night. In the SHINee apartment everybody was getting ready for bed. But in Jonghyun's room there was something devilish and mischievous going on. Earlier that day the two of them had made a trip into the city to buy a box of chicken. They were planning, once again, to hide chicken in their apartment. Said chicken would cleverly and precisely be placed in Jonghyun's beedroom. 
 
 
"Kibum! Hurry up!" Jonghyun whispered and waved crazily with his hands down the hall to make Kibum hurry over there. 
 
 
"You don't want him to notice anything strange already, do you?"
 
 
"Calm down, sheesh, I'm coming ..." He could hear Kibum's annoyed voice from the darkness.
 
 
He could see him coming closer, slowly, to not wake up anyone with bumping into stuff or trip over misplaced objects. When Kibum was within reach, Jonghyun carefully took the chicken and placed it gently on top of his desk. Kibum came up beside him and took a hold of his hand, it softly with his thumb.
 
 
"Jjong~ We should go before anyone comes in here" Kibum poked his cheek and smiled. 
 
 
"Yeobo ... you're so impatient~" Jonghyun whispered and smirked at him.
 
 
"YAH!! Who was it that was whining about me being so slow, eh~?" Kibum smacked his  head  lighly, causing Jonghyun to chuckle.
 
 
"Shh, be quiet~~!" Jonghyun teased and turned Kibum around to give him a backhug. 
 
 
Kibum leaned into his embrace and closed his eyes. Jonghyun slowly led them towards the door and into the hall. A few steps into the hall they heard the creak of a door and light footsteps coming closer. Jonghyun stopped,
 
 
"Hey, there's someone over there..." He breathed out to Kibum, making him stop and look.
 
 
The person was coming closer, and soon they could see the outline of his face. Jonghyun the light.
 
 
"Oh, Taeminnie~! It's you! Kibum said, relieved.
 
 
Taemin just looked at them, his eyes tired and squinted because of the sudden exposion of light. 
 
 
"Dee~~ It's me~~" He sighed. He gave them a small smile, yawned and then continiued walking slowly towards his room.
 
 
"Good night, sweetie~" Kibum whispered after him.
 
 
"Hmm~.... good night, hyung ..." They could hear his bedroom door shutting with a silent click. 
 
 
Jonghyun and Kibum just laughed and walked hand in hand into Kibum and Minho's bedroom, happy that their mission had succeeded.
 
 
~
 
 
[POV: JINKI]
 
 
Chicken. 
 
 
That's what was on Lee Jinki's mind right now. Crispy, tender, delicious chicken. He could smell it. But where was it? He stood up from his comfy bed and walked around the room. He couldn't see any chicken. 
 
 
'If I was chicken, where would I be...?' He thought to himself.
 
 
 He crawled on top of the bed again and looked down at Taemins sleeping face.  He looked so peaceful, small huffs and puffs of air coming out of his slightly parted lips. Should he wake him up and disturb this beautiful sight and make him help find the chicken? His stomach growled. Ok, chicken wins.
 
 
He poked Taemin's cheek. That didn't work. How to wake him up without making him mad? A thought came to his mind. He bent down and pecked Taemin on the cheek. He could feel himself blushing. 
 
 
 "Hmphh..." Taemin groaned. He yawned and rolled over to his side, the back of his head facing Jinki. Jinki bent down once again, stopping only milimeters from his face, took a deep breath, and slowly pecked Taemin on the lips. His face was now burning. It felt weird as it was still new to him.
 
 
Taemin slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Jinki, his eyes unfocused and dazed. 
 
 
"Hyung, what are you doing?"  Taemin said. His voice was husky and weak from just waking up. He brushed some strands of hair away from his face. 
 
 
"Uhh, we need to find the chicken~?" Jinki just looked at him.
 
 
"What? Chicken?" Taemin said puzzled. 
 
 
"Yees, the CHICKEN! I can smell it! Come on, help me..." Jinki pulled on his arm, trying to get him to sit up. 
 
 
"Waee~? I'm tired ..." Taemin pouted. Jinki looked down at his lips. Oooh, so kiss-able. He blushed. No, shake it off! There's chicken at stake here! 
 
 
"We have no time for this! We need to find the Chicken before Manager-hyung get's his hands on it!" Jinki shuddered. Their Manager loved chicken almost as much as Jinki did, and whenever there was chicken in the house, there would be war. Jinki grunted, earning a weird look from Taemin.
 
 
"Jinkii~ ..." Taemin looked over at the alarm-clock, it was 4.55 AM. " Ugh, You know you don't need any help anyway~ Remember what happened last time?" Ohh, he almost forgot... Last time when he asked  Taemin for help he ended up smacking him on top of the head because he found the chicken before him. Taemin wouldn't talk to him for hours.
 
 
"Ahh, yeah .. I'll just go find it myself then." Jinki stood up, and jumped down from the bed.
 
 
"Jinki?" Taemin said.
 
 
"Hmm?" He glanced towards the bed.
 
 
"Hwaiting~!" Taemin smiled, and rolled over. 
 
 
Jinki smiled and left the room. Remembering to be as quiet as possible. There could be a possibillity that Manager-hyung hadn't woken up yet. He sneaked into the bathroom, he must look everywhere in case one of the members had decided to play a trick on him again and hide it some weird and random place in the house. 
 
 
He looked around, there was no chicken in the shower. Clearly they would not hide it in the toilet, but he checked anyway. Nope, no chicken there. He decided to go look in Jonghyun, Kibum and Minho's bedroom. 
 
 
He slowly opened the door and snailed his way through the opening. 
 
 
'DAMN, they're all in here!' His inner voice cursed loudly.  He could see Kibum cuddled up against Jonghyun on the queen-sized bed in the corner while Minho was sleeping soundly on the bed close to the door. If he looked carefully he could see Minho drooling. Maybe he could smell the chicken too? Good thing he didn't have the super senses that Jinki possessed, wouldn't want Minho to look for the chicken as well. 
 
 
Jinki crawled over to the closet, finding no chicken in there as well. He stood up looking around in the room, why did it have to be so dark? He slowly started walking over to the bedside table when he tripped on what looked like a pair of shoes.  
 
 
'Stupid members, never clean up after themselves .. tsk' He was now laying sprawled on the floor, listening for sounds of the members waking up. They seemed to be asleep still, so he decided to just crawl instead.
 
 
After a good ten minutes he gave up, there was no chicken in there. He was crawling beside Minho's bed when *BAM* a book fell to the floor.
 
 
"Oh my G-" Jinki said, quickly covering up his mouth. 
 
 
"Hmm?..." Minho was beginning to wake up.
 
 
'OMO~~!!! Jinki THINK!! What to do, what to do? Ahhh" He looked around with big eyes, trying to find something, but nothing could help him. He quickly looked at the book,
 
 
'Children songs? What? Since when did Minho have books about children songs?' He looked doumbfounded at the book when a thought hit him: 'OH, I can sing a lullaby!!'
 
 
"...엄마곰 애기곰, 아빠곰은 뚱뚱해, 엄마곰은 날씬해, 애기곰은 너무귀여워, 히쭉히쭉..." He sang quietly, to not wake up Kibum and Jonghyun, who seemed strangely unaffected by the loud sounds that he had made.
 
 
He could hear Minho's breath's becoming deeper and slower, and soon enough he had falllen fully asleep again. Jinki began to step away from the bed. He watched them all the way to the door. 
 
 
When he had successfully made his way out in the hall again he sighed in relief and leaned against the wall. 
 
 
'That was close ...' He rubbed his forehead.
 
 
Jinki went over to the livingroom. He looked beneath the couch, on the table, under the table, behind the TV and everywhere else he could think of.
 
 
Suddenly he heard a door open. Jinki dived down behind the sofa and peeked over the edge and down the hall. There he saw Jonghyun coming out, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He was walking over to the fridge. Then Jinki realized, he never looked in the frigde! What if the chicken is in there and Jonghyun finds it and won't share it with him!  
 
 
'Jinki, you're so stupid!!' He faceplamed himself. The delicious chicken can all get eaten by a non-deserving, un-claimed chicken lover! He clenched his fists and glared over at him. 
 
 
Jonghyun opened the fridge, looked around for a while and finally revealed what it was he was looking for. Milk. He scooted over to the sink, grabbed a glass from the cabinet above it and poured the cartons contents into it. 
 
 
The door opened again, and Kibum came out into the kitchen. 
 
 
"Hey, Jjong~" He looked around curious, Jinki ducked his head. Kibum walked over to where Jonghyun was drinking his milk.
 
 
"Everything ok?" He said, embracing Jonhyun from behind and nudging his nose into his neck
 
 
"Yeah, I just got thirsty that's all ..." He aswered and offered the glass to Kibum who took a small sip. Kibum smiled, gave his cheek a small peck and said, 
 
 
"Let's go back to bed, eh~?" Kibum took his hand and led him away from the kitchen.
 
 
When thet had left Jinki slowly stood up, still listening after sounds of people. Then Jinki went over to the kitchen area and looked in the stove, the microwave and in all the cabinets, but there was still no trace of chicken. After he was done looking everywhere he went into the hall again. He had to feel his way forward using his fingers, because of the darkness. There was only one room left, Jonghyun's room.
 
 
He knew for a fact that the chicken couldn't be in his managers room. The one time he, the manager, had managed to find the chicken before Jinki he rubbed it in his face and all the chicken in front of him. This resulted in Jinki wanting to punch him and steal the chicken, but he couldn't do that, just because he was his manager ... 
 
 
Jinki had a feeling he wasn't far away from Jonghyun's door, the smell from the delicious chicken was getting stronger and stronger by the second. And then, Jinki bumped  into something.
 
 
"Auch!!" He hissed and held his head. He looked up to find:
 
 
"Manager-hyung? What are you doing out here?" He faked innocence, looking up at him with big eyes.
 
 
"Ah, isn't it Onew, hm?" His manager said,
 
 
"Isn't it obvious why I'm here, Onew?" His voice was flat, with an undertone of what Jinki could only describe as pure evilness. Jinki shuddered and tried to find the door handle, meanwhile staring at what he believed was his manager's face. When his hand found the door handle, he positioned himself in a ready-go-action-running posision, counted to three, and quickly opened the door.
 
 
It was a war, a fight till death, that was what is was. Jinki and his manager was running, both of them eager, absolutely confident in finding the chicken first. Jinki saw it sitting on the table beside Jonghyuns bed and leaped for it, punching his manager in the face and making him fall in the prosses. Then he reached for the chicken, he had his hands on it, he won!
 
 
"Omo~ Hi, small little pieces of heaven" He cooed down to the chicken. Looking at them with complete happiness, a teardrop falling from his eye.
 
 
"Ahmmm" He could hear his manager moan in the corner, but right now Jinki couldn't care less, he had almost grabbed the chicken before him! 
 
 
Jinki walked across the room, his manager had now stood up.
 
 
"HEY! Give me some!" His manager yelled. Jinki just continiued walking but what he didn't notice was that his manager had come up right behind him, trying to grab the chicken. As soon as Jinki saw his finger he screamed,
 
 
"Oh no, MY CHICKEN!" He ran trough the door and slammed it shut after him. He could hear a loud *BAM*, and understood that he had hit his manager, smack in the face!
 
 
"Oops" Jinki whispered and looked at the door, debating wether or not he should see if he was ok. But before he could decide he heard a door opening,
 
 
"What the is going on out here?!?!" Minho yelled. Jinki looked at him with wild eyes and pointed to the chicken,
 
 
"CHICKEN!!!" Jinki took a few steps back, to protect his chicken from Minho.
 
 
"Ohhhhhh..." Minho rolled his eyes and scratched his scalp while turning away and walking into the kitchen. Jinki followed with caution, and sat down at the livingroom table.
 
 
"Calm down, will you? Minho said after he had poured himself a glass of water,
 
 
"I'm not gonna steal your precious chicken..." Minho sat down at the opposite side of Jinki,
 
 
"Anyway, when did you plan on eating the chicken?" Minho looked over at him. Jinki looked back down at the chicken, the picture was almost to perfect to be destroyed, but it was chciken, and chicken is food, so he should eat it. He gently picked up a wing and smelled it, taking in its spicey scent, and took a bite. 
 
 
It was like heaven exploded in his mouth. It was perfect, the right amount of spice, tenderness and crispyness. Jinki closed his eyes in pure bliss, and when he opened them again he could see Minho looking at him with an 'wtf are you doing?'-expression.
 
 
"What?" Jinki asked, his mouth full of chicken.
 
 
"Oh, nothing" Minho looked away.
 
 
~
 
 
[POV: MINHO]
 
 
'Gosh, Jinki looks so ... happy .. but it's so weird. it's just chicken!' Minho tought to himself. Just watching Jinki eat made him weirded out. Luckely, he was saved from being alone with him when Taemin came into the room, rubbing his eyes. Taemin said a small good morning to Minho and went over to Jinki and ruffled his hair affectionately. 
 
 
"How long has he been sitting here?" He asked Minho.
 
 
"Well, I would say for about six-seven minutes .." Minho answered, looking over at Taemin as he went over to the kitchen to grab some tissue paper. When he came back, he sat down on his knees next to Jinki and wiped his chicken-smeared face. That's when the unbelieveable thing happened: Jinki offered Taemin a chicken wing! Taemin just looked at him with big eyes, his mouth a-jar.
 
 
Minho gasped, "I can't believe my eyes!!!" He looked over at the two, almost dropping his glass of water. 
 
 
"This is unbelieveable! How ... How, what??" He was so confused, NEVER had Jinki offered chicken to anybody. 
 
 
~
 
 
[POV: TAEMIN]
 
 
"Hey, what's going on?" Kibum had entered the livingroom area, looking at Jinki and smirking.
 
 
"Jinki just gave me a piece of freaking chicken!!" Taemin was still staring at Jinki who was munching happily on his chicken, seemingly unaware of the situation he'd just made.
 
 
"Hyung~? Is there something ... wrong?" Taemin asked him. Jinki didn't seem to notice, so Taemin poked his shoulder,
 
 
"Hey, hyung~ ..." Jinki looked over at him questionably, still with chicken in his mouth,
 
 
"Hmm?" Helooked over at Taemin. Taemin looked down at the chicken wing and pointed at it,
 
 
"You just gave me a piece of chicken ..." Jinki looked down a it,
 
 
"Yeah, so~?" Taemin stared at him, 
 
 
"SO?!?! It's chicken!!" He exclaimed, and threw his hands in the air. Jinki smiled at him and said,
 
 
"Yeah.." He placed his half eaten chicken wing down in the box again,
 
 
"But you're Taemin..." Taemin gave him a puzzled look. 
 
 
"Yeah, I'm Taemin...?" He said, "But-..." Jinki cut him off,
 
 
"I love you more than I love chicken..." Jinki had turned serious again. He placed the chicken on the table,
 
 
"I love you" He said and leaned closer. 
 
 
"AIGOOO~~~" Kibum cooed and clapped his hands, Minho just looked at them for a split second then stood up and walked away. He couldn't believe his ears and eyes. 
 
 
"Jjong, you gotta see this~~!!" Kibum yelled. They could hear loud footsteps from the hall,
 
 
"What happened?!" Jonhyun looked worried towards Kibum, then he noticed the pair on the couch,
 
 
 
"Ohhh, I see..." He smirked,
 
 
"Kibum, I think we better leave~" He sang and pulled on Kibum's arm,
 
 
 
"Nooo~~ I wanna see!" Kibum complained,
 
 
"No, come on, let's go~" Jonghyun dragged him away, they could hear Kibum protesting all the way thorough the hall before it got silent.
 
 
"You love me... more than chicken" Taemin said.
 
 
"Yeah.." Jinki responded, taking hold of Taemin's hand.
 
 
"I-I love you, too.. more than chicken" Taemin whispered and gave out a small chuckle.
 
 
Jinki smiled and leaned forward, but stopped a few centimenters before their lips touched. Taemin smiled at him and closed the gap between them, kissing Jinki sweetly.
 
 
"Now, let's eat some chicken, shall we? Jinki said proudly, smiling down at Taemin.
 
 
"Yeaaahh~~" Taemin agreed and took a bite of his wing while leaning closer to Jinki.
 
 
Life couldn't be more perfect. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
[ The song is "3 little bears" ]
I did change the POV a lot didn't I? Oo haha!
 
I hope you liked it ^___^ It was very fun to write!
Please comment!