Sleepless Nights

Sleepless Nights

"You idiot! Can't you do anything right?!" A tall man yelled and slammed something down on the table.

"I-I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Taeyeon said and brace herself for what was coming next. She knew was about to happen.

"Do we have to relive this over and over again?! How many times are you going to mess up? You worthless idiot!" The man yelled then slapped Taeyeon across the face. The man started to beat Taeyeon until she was bruised and bleeding.

"P-P-Please…" Taeyeon begged and looked at her husband in the eyes.

"Get out of my sight." Taeyeon's husband said. Taeyeon picked herself off the ground and limped out of the house. She called at taxi and went to the park.

Taeyeon sat down on a bench at the park and watched all the children play. She had been a mother once. Until her husband lost it and beat their daughter. She died.

"Taeyeon?" A female voice said from behind her.

Taeyeon turned to see Tiffany, her hair down and wearing a pretty pink top and blue skinny jeans.

"Tiffany, hi." Taeyeon said and smiled weakly.

"What happened?" Tiffany asked.

"My husband happened…" Taeyeon said and started to cry because of both pain from her wounds and the pain in her heart.

"Don't cry, Taeyeon… Things will work out." Tiffany said.

"We've been like this since after our honeymoon!" Taeyeon cried.

"Tae, you're bleeding… here…" Tiffany took out a cloth and dabbed the wound.

"Ow… Tiffany… That hurts…" Taeyeon said. She looked down at her watch, "I have to go."

"What?" Tiffany asked and pulled back her hand.

"I have to go." Taeyeon said and got up, "I have to get back before 7… Or else…"

Tiffany just stood there and watched Taeyeon run off.

 

Taeyeon made it home at 6:59.

"Just made it." She said with a  sigh of relief.

Taeyeon put her bag in the closet and took off her shoes.

She quietly made her way to the kitchen and began to cook dinner.

"Is the food ready?" Taeyeon's husband asked 30 minutes later.

"Y-Yes!" Taeyeon answered and put the food on the table.

The couple ate in silence.

Taeyeon finished her dinner and got up. She cleaned her dish.

"Where are you going?" The evil man that was Taeyeon's husband asked.

"I-I'm going to sleep… In the guest room." Taeyeon said and hurried up the stairs to get ready for bed.

Taeyeon crawled into bed wearing a light blue long sleeve pajama shirt and baggy pajama pants. She just stay in bed, staring at the ceiling. She could hear her husband yelling downstairs. Yelling for her to come down and clean up.

Tears started to escape from Taeyeon's eyes, "Am I that bad of a person?" She asked herself.

 

The next morning, Taeyeon got up from the bed. She hadn't slept at all. She made the bed and made her way down the stairs.

"Clean this mess!" Her husband, Dongmin, ordered.

There were empty bottles on the floor and the dinner from the night before was still on the table.

"O-Of course…" Taeyeon said and rolled up her sleeves. She began to pick up the bottles and clean up the table.

Dongmin grumbled.

"D-do you want breakfast?" Taeyeon asked.

"Shut up!" Dongmin yelled and threw a glass bottle at Taeyeon. The bottle hit Taeyeon and shattered as soon as it made contact with Taeyeon.

Pieces flew everywhere. There were cuts on Taeyeon's arms, hands, and face. She ignored the pain and bleeding and continued to clean up the bottles. Afraid of what would happen if she didn't finish.

"Hurry up you worthless woman!" Dongmin yelled then left to go upstairs.

Taeyeon finished. She nodded and decided that it was good enough. She then noticed her cuts. She sighed and went to the bathroom to clean them up.

 

Dongmin walked back down in different clothes.

"What, no breakfast?" He asked.

"I-I'm sorry…" Taeyeon mumbled.

"I ought to-" Dongmin realized what time it was, "You know what? Forget it. I'll deal with you after I get back from work."

Dongmin walked out and slammed the door shut.

"Thank goodness…" Taeyeon whispered to herself.

 

Taeyeon spent the next few days happy without Dongmin. She loved him, but she was scared of him. Dongmin was held back at work for days. Each night, however, she didn't sleep. Not for even a second. She cried every night instead.

 

The doorbell rang. Taeyeon jumped. She hurried to the door and looked to see who it was. She smiled. Tiffany. She opened the door. Tiffany walked through.

Tiffany's smile turned to a frown.

"Taeyeon! What happened? You have a bunch of cuts!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Dongmin threw a bottle at me…" Taeyeon whispered.

"And you're just going to let him abuse you?!" Tiffany asked.

"I have no choice…" Taeyeon said.

"No, you have a choice. Why don't you stand up to him?!"

"Because…" Taeyeon looked down.

"Because what?" Tiffany asked softly.

"I'm scared, Tiffany." Taeyeon said and looked Tiffany in the eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping." Tiffany said, just now noticing the bags under Taeyeon's eyes. Taeyeon's eyes were red and puffy.

"I can't…" Taeyeon said.

"Come here…" Tiffany said and hugged Taeyeon.

"Fany…" Taeyeon said and started to cry again.

"No… Don't cry anymore." Tiffany said and wiped away Taeyeon's tears.

"Help me…" Taeyeon whispered.

"I will. I'll help you."

 

Dongmin returned that night.

"Oh, Taeyeon, you have a guest." Dongmin said.

"Wow, great observation." Tiffany said with a roll of her eyes.

"Taeyeon, sweetie, why don't you-"

"Shut up, Park Dongmin." Tiffany said.

"I'm sorry, what?" Dongmin asked and looked at Tiffany.

"I told you to shut up. Sit down. Now." Tiffany ordered.

"Make me." Dongmin said. Tiffany raised an eyebrow and pushed Dongmin into a chair.

"You will listen to me." Tiffany said and looked Dongmin hard in the eyes. Dongmin nodded.

"How could you do this?" Tiffany asked.

"Do what?"

"Do you even see Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked, "She's bruised, in pain, has cuts all over! Who do you think you are?!"

"I'm her husband." Dongmin answered.

"If you're her husband, how can you just treat her like this?! Husbands are supposed to love! Not do what you do! Do you know how hard it is for me?!" Tiffany yelled.

"What?" Dongmin asked.

"I love Taeyeon! I have since forever! And I see her go off with some guy! And that guy abuses her! Do you really think I want to see the one I love with all my heart get treated like this?! I ought to show how it feels like!" Tiffany yelled.

"Tiff-" Taeyeon was interrupted.

"But I won't. Because I'm not like you. I'm better. I don't beat people when I'm mad." Tiffany said. She pushed Dongmin back and walked to Taeyeon.

"Tiffany… Did you really mean that? You love me?" Taeyeon asked.

"Of course. I do." Tiffany said and smiled.

"Dongmin. You're a piece of trash, you know that?" Taeyeon said, "I'm leaving you."

"I won't-"

"You will. You will agree with this. You will let Taeyeon go." Tiffany said and glared at Dongmin.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon walked up and packed Taeyeon's stuff.

"You don't own much, do you?" Tiffany said as she looked at the tiny pile of items.

"I don't get much, Dongmin had control of the money." Taeyeon said and put everything into a suit case.

"Let's go." Tiffany said. Taeyeon nodded. They walked out the front door and slammed it closed.

 

A few years later, Tiffany and Taeyeon were happily sitting on the couch of their new home watching TV.

"Dongmin was terrible. I'm glad I have you." Taeyeon said.

Tiffany smiled and hugged Taeyeon, "I'm glad I have you too."

 

I hope you liked it!
Thanks for reading ~ ^^ ♥
Tell me what you think!
Thanks!