When I Met You

When I Met My Better Half - Eunhae Oneshot :D

DONGHAE'S  POV

I'm so happy about my job! I always get to see these cute and fluffy stuff toys. Plus I have a good salary. However, I feel that my life here in this toy store isjust normal. It never changes. Somehow I feel bored.

I was in my deep thoughts when I heard the bells ringing, meaning a person just came in to the store.

I peeked from the counter and right there and then I saw the most handsome man I've met in my life. Somehow I feel this butterflies flying inside my stomach. Hey! You need to calm down Hae! You don't know him yet but you seem to feel attracted to him.

He flickered his fingers in my face.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Oh I'm sorry sir. What is it that you need again?"

"I was asking which would be better, a flower or a stuff toy?"

"Flowers would be nice sir, but since your in our stuff toy store, I would suggest to you to get a stuff toy."

"Oh. What do you think is the fluffiest stuff toy here?" He asked and then looked straight into my eyes.

"Uhm, sir, the fluffiest here are the bunnies. But I like the fishies the most." Why did I have to say that I like fishies? And why am I acting cutely? Aish.

"Well, it does sound like you like a fish because you look like one. Haha." It somehow offended me. But I just can't get angry with this man in front of me.

"Well sir, if I look like a fish, then you look like a monkey! I won't even get surprised if you like them too you know. Haha!" I jokingly said. But he does look like a monkey!

"Haha, so I'll look at your stuff toys now."

"Go ahead sir." Then he went to the shelves and looked for a stuffed toy.

After he got a teddy bear which says "I Love You", he paid for it, said thanks, and left the store. But before he left, I heard him murmur something like "I hope she'll like this."

Somehow I felt disappointed. Does she have a girlfriend? Maybe. I didn't even get to know his name. For once I thought that he likes me. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up. But I felt happy today.

I wish he would come again tomorrow.

THE NEXT DAY ....

Wow! What a great day. I felt happy yesterday because of that man. Today, I just feel energetic and really happy. Even my boss was surprised because I'm not this energetic before.

Just when I was in my deep thoughts about that man, I heard the bells ringing, and someone got in to the store. IT'S HIM!

"Hello sir. Welcome back to the store. How may I help you?" I asked attentively.

"Well, remember that I bought a teddy bear yesterday? She liked it. So I'm buying another stuff toy today." Oh, her girlfriend was the reason why he came back. for me, because I wasn't the reason.

"Go ahead sir and pick what you want."

Then he picked up a pink bunny, said his thanks, then left.

Everyday was just like that. He comes to the store to buy a stuff toy, say thanks, and leave. But somehow, I felt happy because I get to see him everyday. And because of him, I changed a lot. Now I am being conscious on how I look, and now I have a positive outlook in life. I just wish that he doesn't have a girlfriend though.

ONE DAY AT THE STORE ..

I was busy cleaning the counter when I heard the bells ringing, meaning someone came inside the store. I felt I knew who it was. And I'm right. It's that guy!

"Hi! What do you need?"

He didn't go to the counter. He just went to the shelves, got a stuff fish that says "I Love You" then went back to the counter to pay for it. Somehow I felt sad. Does he have a problem? He seems nervous.

"Thanks for buying sir! Come again!" I said. Even if I felt sad, I must be cheerful to customers.

When I bid my farewell, he didn't get out of the store. Instead, he placed the fish toy in front of me.

"What else do you need sir? And why is this stuff fish in here?" I asked.

"Hello Donghae. I'm Lee Hyukjae but you can call me Eunhyuk. And I like you. Would you like to go out with me?"

"Wait. WHAT?! How did you know my name?"

"Well, you have a nametag you know. And I really like you. So I'm giving you this. You said you like the fishies right?" Then he gave me the fishie and I gladly accepted it.

"But, I thought you have a girlfriend?" Oh, I forgot. I know he has a girlfriend.

"No I don't."

"But what's with you always buying stuff toys and murmuring "I hope she'll like this?" phrases?"

"Oh, she's not my girlfriend. She's my grandmother and she was sick lately. But she's fine now. And that's thanks to you and your stuff toys."

"Oh." I'm shocked so I'm definitely speechless.

"So, will you be my girlfriend Donghae?"

"I would definitely love to be your girlfriend Lee Hyukjae. And my full name is Lee Donghae."

He's so cute! I can't believe I'm his girlfriend now.

"So, since your my girlfriend now. C-can I k-kiss y-you?" he was stuttering when he said the last sentence.

Well I'm a different kind of girl so, I didn't answer him. Instead, i just kissed him. And it felt so good, to feel his soft lips planted on mine. Of course, we parted to breathe some air.

"I love you Lee Donghae. I love you my fishy."

"I love you too Lee Hyukjae. I love you my monkey."

I felt extremely happy. Now I have found the better half of my life.