Horror House

Horror House

Why are we here? I don't wanna do this!” I whined, pulling his arm. He kept dragging me until we reached a dark and black part of the amusement park. I shivered as I looked up at the entrance. The clown gave me goosebumps and the screams inside made my heart and stomach drop. Horror House, it said on the sign. The house was decorated with black and gray streamers and had creepy and terrifying pictures of IT, Jason, and other characters from scary movies. Inside, I could see some tunnels that possibly led to the exit and flashing lights. Yup, today's my death day, I thought. I can't go in there. No way in hell.

 

“I can't do this. Nope, I can't. I'm going to die if I go. Jesus, please don't let me go in there. I tried my best to be good, just please let me go home,” I rambled on.

 

“Come on, Becky. Please? For your boyfriend?” he pouted and gave me his puppy-dog eyes. I stared at him and almost melted when I looked into his eyes, but then I looked back at the house in front of me and immediately eradicated any thoughts of going in there.

 

“Nope, no way in hell,” I answered, shaking my head and crossing my arms.

 

“Becky! You can hold my arm if you get too scared!” he argued, pouting again.

 

“Was this your plan? So I can hold your arm?” I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. He whistled and smiled innocently.

 

“Now why would I do that to my precious and cute girlfriend?” he said in a sweet voice. I sighed. Oh well, just this one time, I thought hesitantly.

 

“Fine,” I whispered quietly, but he was still able to hear it. He shouted in glee and bounced on his toes. Suddenly, he looked at me with an evil glint on his face and grabbed my hand. Oh no, you aren't, I thought before he dragged me—again—inside the horror house. I instantly stayed close to him if something pops up and scares me. I was too busy looking around that I didn't see his smile. In my right, I heard someone scream like a banshee. Oh, dang. She should join opera or something, I thought, cringing at how loud the scream was. We entered a tunnel and silence enveloped us. Nothing seemed to pop out yet. I sighed in relief. This seems fine. Nothing happened—

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I shrieked as a bloody head appeared in front of my face. The person was hanging upside down and chuckled at me, making me scream more. I clung on Kris's arm and buried my face in his shoulder. I shouldn't have said yes, I thought sadly. We continued down the tunnel and arrived at a empty area with three more tunnels branching out. We looked at each other shrugged. We took the middle one and proceeded through it. As we went in deeper, I heard more screams and cries. I involuntarily shivered. This is so giving me nightmares, I thought. I heard him chuckle and looked up. He had a huge smile on his face, acting like nothing happened.

 

“Why are you smiling?” I snapped, letting go of his arm. His smile disappeared as he looked into my angry eyes.

 

“Is something wrong, Becky? I'm sorry if I—“

 

He didn't get to finish his sentence. I was already walking away as quickly as I could. I randomly chose a tunnel and went straight through it. I slowed down and looked behind me. He didn't catch up to me but I could still hear his cries. I surveyed my surroundings. The tunnel was dark and quiet, but it had tiny candles on the walls. I felt shivers down my spine as I kept walking. The tunnel felt weird and strange like some evil thing was living down here. I hugged my body as cold air enveloped me.

 

This is so creepy, I thought. I heard some scuttling behind me, and I whipped around, seeing nothing, no shadows. I turned around and resumed walking. But I heard it again. Footsteps this time. I stopped and slowly turned around but saw nothing again. I shrugged and turned around. I reached an open room with three more tunnels. I randomly selected one and walked in it. I could barely see anything and almost tripped on a opening on the ground. I kept walking and walking when someone hugged me. I stiffened and bit my lip. Please don't be a scary person, I prayed. I felt hot breath on my neck and stayed frozen. I turned my head slightly and saw brown hair. Brown hair? Brown hair?!

 

“Kr—!”

 

“Shhh. Just stay like this,” he whispered, his breath tickling my neck. I stayed rooted to my spot and enjoyed his hug. It radiated warmth and protection, the thing I needed most right now. After about five minutes, he released me and turned me around. He stared into my eyes lovingly and cupped my face. He my cheek, and I relaxed as he kept my cheek.

 

“I'm sorry,” he mumbled, barely audible, but in the darkness, it sounded loud and clear. “I'm sorry for not listening to you and only listening to myself. I'm sorry for forcing you to come here. And I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.”

 

I gasped at his words. It was so sweet. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him tightly, nuzzling my head on his chest. He hesitantly hugged me back, his head on mines.

 

“I forgive you,” I murmured on his chest, making the words muffled but fortunately, he still could hear it.

 

“Thank you, and Becky?” I looked up and met with his loving stare. “I love you.”

 

I froze at those three words that came out of his mouth. My body, heart, everything froze. I couldn't believe he said it. I shook my head and looked at his eyes. Yes, it was true. In the cold tunnel, I felt warm and happy.

 

“I love you, too,” I whispered, smiling. He leaned down and gave me a kiss. I smiled. The worst day ever turned into the best day of my life.