Whatsername

Whatsername

She watched him from the other side as he answered the doctor's questions. Tears escaped the corners of her eyes.

 

"Do you know why you're here?"

Minho's face scrunched up as he tried to remember. "I-I remember being in a car accident. I was driving too fast and a second later...Doctor Jung, there's this face that I see everytime I close my eyes. I don't know her name but she looks so familiar."

Doctor Jung shifted in his seat while he quickly stole a glance at the window that hid the young man's love. "Tell me about her." he said as he pushed his frames up.

"She has long chesnut brown hair and enchanting emerald eyes. Her skin is milky and flawless. She looks like a porcelain doll."

"I see, so what feelings does she bring to you?"

"I feel like I should protect her. She looks so fragile. But...for some reason I want to hurt her; yell at her."

"Do you remember anything before you crashed? A minor event? It could be a phone call or a fight."

"I remember a fight. I don't know what it was about. Just that I got really mad. I think it was with her."

 

"Don't lie to me!" he shouted. He pushed her onto the couch.

"I'm not lying to you! There's nothing between us! He just wanted a hug. I didn't think he'd take it that far!" she cried.

"You of all people should have known that he would've taken it too far. You let it happen!" he yelled as rage filled his voice.

"What have I done to make you doubt me? I'm not the one who got caught with another woman. And my best friend at that!" she retorted.

"That's beside the point. Maybe this relationship just wasn't meant to be." he said before storming out the door with a slam.

 

She fell into her chair sobbing as she remembered their fight. Why hadn't she done something to calm him down? They never fought like this. Her sobs reached the ears of everyone else except for the one that mattered to her most. Those in the room looked at her with sympathetic eyes, unsure of what to do for her.

 

Weeks passed as Minho slowly healed from the accident. Every day, a nurse would bring in a bouquet of white daisies and replace the old ones left in the vase. None of them would tell him who the flowers were from, only that she wished for his fast recovery. He could see pity in all their eyes when they turned to answer him.

It puzzled him. Somehow, he knew that daisies were her favorite flower. He spent days trying to figure out how he could remember a detail as specific as that, when he couldn’t place a name to her face.

Eventually, he was discharged from the hospital. Walking down the street, he passed by the woman that haunted him every moment since the crash. Déjà vu swept over him as she walked past him. Turning around, he ran towards her and tried to get her attention.

 

A hand fell on her shoulder as she stopped to look for her phone. She turned around and looked at the person who had touched her. Her eyes widened in shock as Minho stood before her. She could see the agony he went through as he searched his mind for memories of her.

“Can I help you?” she asked him.

 

Her voice was soft and sweet. It frustrated him that he couldn’t figure out who she was.

“I know this sounds crazy, but do I know you? You look familiar. And I feel like I should know who you are.” he asked her in return.

He watched her face as sadness and hurt passed over her elegant features. She looked at him with something in her eyes that told him she knew something that he didn’t.

 

After all the pain they’d been through, she had decided that it would be best to move on. Looking up at him, she said, “No, I don’t think so. Maybe I just have one of those faces.” She gave him a small smile before turning around and hurrying across the street.

 

Minho hurried after her. Why didn’t she tell him the truth? He could see that she was lying. She wasn’t very good at it. His eyes grew in horror as the screeching of tires rang through the busy intersection.

“Eri!” he cried out as he ran to her unmoving figure. He saw her blood pool around her as he came closer to her body. Kneeling beside her, he reached out and picked up her body into his arms. “Eri, I’m so sorry. I should have known. I’m sorry.” he sobbed as he held onto her.

 

Minho walked through the cemetery with a bouquet of white daisies in his hand. Stopping at a gravestone, he knelt down and placed the bouquet before the stone. “You deserved better.” he said. “You deserved better than me. I just wish the only memory I have of us is one I wish to forget.”

--------------------------- 

So apparantly several hours for me means a few months. Oh the wonders of procrastination. =P Anyways, I hope you liked it. I started it, then took a break from writing it, then lost track of where I was headed with this. It's a sad ending, I know. But happy endings all the time get kind of old, don't you think? Anyways, there will be more one shots on the way if people would apply for them. There's already one up. =)

~Emylie <3