Chapter 2 - Coffee

Baby You Are My Star

 

 

You unlocked your front door and stepped inside. You kicked it shut and slipped out of your shoes wriggling your toes a little. You made your way straight to you bed. You didn’t even bother showering you were that tired. You laid down thinking about Jay and what he said. You giggled to yourself. He didn’t even say that much. It was just the fact he cared enough to want to protect you.

Bzzzzzz

Your phone vibrated on your bedside table. You glanced over at it and your smile grew larger. It was a text from Jay.

Did you get home okay? – Jay

Throwing a pillow in the air you squealed. You couldn’t text back fast enough.

Yes I did. Thank you. Did you? :) - ________

You knew he probably did but you thought it would be nice to ask anyway to keep the conversation going. Screw all the things you said before about forgetting about it. You liked Jay. A lot. You couldn’t hide it. You think the other dancers knew you felt something for him. They always noticed how your mood would change as soon as he came into the room. A permanent smile would always be plastered on your face. Another text came through.

Good. Yeah I did. I didn’t speak to any strangers at least :) - Jay

You couldn’t help but laugh at his last comment.

Haha neither did I. Just like I promised. Oh what time is practice tomorrow? - ___________

You waited patiently for a reply. It took him slightly longer this time, which made you a bit nervous. You didn’t need to be nervous the answer to your question wasn’t going to anything out of the blue.

Bzzzzzzz

Good to hear. You know what people are like these days. There’s some real wackos around :) Uhm practice is at 4. Oh and there’s something I need to talk to you about. I’m off to bed now need to catch some z’s :) Sweet Dreams. – Jay

Maybe you were wrong. You got chills. What could he possibly want to talk about that he couldn’t say over text. You were partly excited partly nervous. What if it’s that he actually likes you too and he’s confessing. No __________ don’t get a head of yourself. Calm down. Remember breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. You squealed again. You couldn’t stop yourself exploding into a fit of excited laughs. Oh my god if anyone was here with you now they’d think you’d gone insane. You calmed yourself and closed you eyes. All you could think about was Jay.

You woke around 12, which was early considering how late you were up. You showered and found a clean pair of leggings and your over-sized red jumper. You filled your backpack with all the essentials like a bottle of water, your wallet, a spare shirt, keys and your phone. You looked at your watch. It was only 2 so you decided to get breakfast on your way.

You stopped at your favourite coffee shop and ordered your usual. A tall strawberry frappucino with a ham and cheese panini. You knew you shouldn’t eat something so heavy before practice but you were starving, seeing as you hadn’t eaten since 4 the previous day. You sat down and ate in silence like you always did until you heard your phone ring. The beginning of Supa Luv by Teen Top started playing and it wasn’t quiet. People enjoying there lunch began giving you odd looks so you pressed the key as fast as you could and silently mouthed the words sorry to them.

‘Hello’ You spoke quietly.

‘Hey yo, ____________. Could you do me a HUUUGE favour?’ He asked with a childish tone.

‘Yeah sure thing, What’s up?’ You replied.

‘Could you grab me a coffee on the way to practice. Pretty PLEASE!! I just thought I’d ask seeing as you always go to that one place in the morning’ he begged. Your heart rate increased slightly. He had remembered from that time the two of you went to go and get coffee halfway through practice. When you told him you go there every morning. You decided to play with him a little.

‘Jay Park are you stalking me now’ You teased.

‘Oh come on __________. I know you, I bet your there right now aren’t you’ He chuckled under his breath.

‘WHAT! No not at all. I’m nowhere near that place’ You lied. A waitress clearing your table interrupted your conversation.

‘Excuse me Miss, Is this food finished with’ She asked politely. You mentally face palmed yourself and nodded your head adding a thank you at the end. You knew full well Jay had just heard. You could hear him laughing on the other end of the phone.

‘Okay you win’ you scoffed. ‘I’ll get you your goddamn coffee’ you said with a hint of sarcasm so he knew you were only joking with him, ‘It’s an Americano right?’ You asked seriously.

‘Oh. So who’s the stalker now’ He laughed.

‘Pfft Whatever Jay, Do you want your coffee or not?’ You joked.

‘YES PLEASE’ He shouted. You pulled the phone away from your ear.

‘Okay, okay don’t deafen me’ You smiled, ‘I’ll see you in a bit Jay, Bye’.

‘See ya _________. Oh and thank you so much, your amazing’ He said. Your heart fluttered a little at his last comment. Oh my god. He just said I was amazing you thought before answering.

‘No need to thank me, It’s not like its completely out of my way. I mean I am already here. It would be a bit selfish if I said no’ You explained.

‘I’m still gonna say thank you. I’m not as cold hearted as you might think’ He chuckled. Oh Jay I think your actually perfect you screamed in your mind. ‘Right I’ll catch you later _________. Don’t be late’ He said with a light laugh, then hung up.

You sat back in your chair and sighed. If only he knew.