Chapter 9 - A Free Day

Phone vs Reality

 

                “Okay, students!!! Today, you’re free. Go anywhere you want. For your information, Shinjuku is famous for shopping. Just remember one thing that is DON’T GET LOST.”, Miss Park gave some advices. Everyone split up into their groups. Yookyung and Namjoo went to the shopping mall. “Namjoojoo!!! Can we walk with you?,” Sungyeol’s voice was loud and clear. Namjoo turned around and saw the boy with someone she doesn’t want to go near, Kwangmin. “Ah? Uh..…… Sure.”, Namjoo was unsure with her answer.

As they walked along,

                “Hey! There’s an arcade! Let’s go, Sungyeol. I’ll beat you this time!,” Yookyung challenged while pulling Sungyeol’s hand. Namjoo was surprised when she realized she will be left alone with Kwangmin. Namjoo wanted to run towards Yookyung but Kwangmin was walking while taking a window-shopping. He looked at Namjoo and smiled. He already kept the distance between them.

                “Don’t you wanted to go to the arcade?,” Namjoo asked as she started to get uncomfortable. “I haven’t been there before.”, Kwangmin answered with his head still looking at the window shop. “Well, let’s go then!”, Namjoo pulled Kwangmin’s arm. She didn’t know what and why she did it. It just happened. Kwangmin was surprised because of that physical touch. His face immediately turned red.

                When they entered the arcade, they can see Sungyeol and Yookyung were playing a WWE game. Kwangmin and Namjoo just watched them played. Then, Namjoo looked around and saw a machine full of fluffy stuff. She was attracted by a black bear and a black cat in that machine. She tried playing it and got the black bear but she didn’t manage to get the cat. She tried again and again but still, she failed. Finally, she gave up and let out a sigh. She went to the other games. Little did she know, Kwangmin was watching her from the beginning and she thought he was watching Sungyeol and Yookyung played.  Kwangmin went to the machine that Namjoo played before and looked at the black cat inside it.

                Namjoo finished checking all the games and decided to wait for them outside the arcade. She went outside and sat on a bench. Something touched her hand slightly. She turned and saw Kwangmin with a black cat plushie. “Here, you can have it. You like cats, right?”, Kwangmin said.  She looked at him and with that, Kwangmin shifted his eyes to somewhere else. ‘But why are you giving it to me?”, she asked. Kwangmin was shocked but he managed to control his face expression. “Well.. Umm.. Well, I just wanted to try that game and somehow I managed to get this cat. And I don’t like plushie..”, Kwangmin finally found an excuse. Namjoo nodded and took the plushie. She smiled slightly but not wide enough for the boy to see it. “Thanks, Kwangmin-ssi”, she said slowly. Kwangmin blushed but lucky for him, Namjoo was looking to the ground. “Do you want to sit down and wait for them with me?”, she asked him. ‘Why did I asked that? (>.<) this is embarrassing’, she thought in her mind. “Uhh~…  Sure..”, he answered. ‘Why did I even agreed with it?’, Kwangmin thought.  Namjoo moved to the other side of the bench to give Kwangmin some spaces as if her body has a mind on its own.  Kwangmin sat down beside Namjoo. Both of them felt nervous as they  blushed hard. They both waited for Sungyeol and Yookyung to finish playing games in silence.

Finally after waiting for one hour, they saw Sungyeol and Yookyung came out from the arcade. “Eh?”, Yookyung said as she was shocked to see Namjoo and Kwangmin sat side by side. “So what did we missed?”, Sungyeol asked. Namjoo and Kwangmin immediately stood up and keep the distance between them. They even avoided looking at each other. “Eh?”, Sungyeol and Yookyung said together. “Anyway, let’s continue enjoying our free day!!!”, Sungyeol exclaimed. And by that, they went to the cinema, bought some clothes and finally went back to their staying place after having one exhausting day.