Final :3

More imperfect

 

[A/N]Its here. Jesus that was late :( Sorry life gets in the way 'y no? Omg Missmacyy i hope you like it. 

4k of pure Jongyu ;3

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“So this assignment requires you to do-Jonghyun!”

“You got that right.” Said boy smirked, shades intact, feet up on the seat before him, making the person sitting on it uncomfortably shift from one side to the other.

The teacher frowned. A disadvantage of teaching in a boy school with Jonghyun was that, well there was a Jonghyun.

And that’s something you don’t want, many teachers before her have left the school in fear of Jonghyun’s psychopathic ways and also the poor interest he took in learning, it had bought them down as teachers. But she was persistent; she wasn’t going to let just one student’s obnoxious behaviour keep her from doing what she did best,

And no, there was no shame in saying your good at what you do. 

“Kim Jonghyun, that’s enough! Take your feet down and take those glasses off! It’s goddamn winter!”  Wrinkles appeared on her usually flawless face, she took a minute to calm down. She would not give up but she never said it was easy.

After an obvious gruff from Jonghyun and a follow up of words that were not supposed to be used in a classroom, Jonghyun took his glasses off and s his feet back into place, tucked under the desk.

It was a miracle she had made him listen, so with that she started to go on into her explanation, this time attracting some other student’s attention. But of course the saying all good things must come to an end never lied, and as soon as her back was turned Jonghyun’s attention was switched off.

Instead of trying to listen to what she was saying and make a use of it, he flipped on his phone and stated to text Minho, who was seated next to him.

To: Frog face ho-e ;)

Wat r u doin

From: Dumber than a dog Hyung

Minho opened the little iconic envelope and rolled his eyes.

To: Dumber than a dog Hyung

Really? What the hell . Do your work and stop texting in abbreviations. It’s annoying.

From: Frog face ho-e ;)

 

 

 

 

To: Frog face ho-e ;)

): cnt Ill run out of credit thts why

From: Dumber than a dog Hyung

 

Minho prepared his next text with lots of abbreviated swear words, and just when he was satisfied and was finally about to press send-

“Minho. Jonghyun. Not now. Not never. Text. Class. Heads. Gone.”

It only took the Teacher’s warning eyes for them to realize that if they continued their crime both their grades will flop.  So with one final glance at each other, saying many many things, they both put their phones away.

 Ah, high school, Interesting place isn’t it?

 

 


 

Another morning, another ing assignment

These days were never too fond of Jonghyun, and by all means Jonghyun was nowhere near fond of them.

“Alright class, today a student will be joining us.” That was the only line that ever caught all the students attention, that being the only thing that was ever interesting enough.  But if that student was not some hot kings son who was athletic or handsome, or some extreme nerd to satisfy the other nerds,

He wasn’t important.

Every one eagerly waited for the Teacher to continue, and for once she actually felt like she had some of the power a teacher was meant to have. So with a smug smile tugging at her lips, she ever so slowly continued.

“So, he is here today and his name is Lee Jinki. He is once again new to the town boys, so be nice.” She said whipping her head towards the door to peek at the hallway.

Nice.

 Right.

“Ah he is here!”

 

 

 

 

The door opened, and a meek looking boy stepped in.

A hushed gasp ran across the room followed by quiet whispers. Hearing this Jonghyun turned his head to the boy only to see, unlike all the other newbies, he didn’t look uncomfortable under the classes gaze.

Jonghyun watched just as the others, observing every inch of the boy.

Plump lips, pale face, Honey brown locks curled to the side, eyes the colour of chocolate, crinkling, darting around the room.  As for the fashion sense, not bad Jonghyun thought, though not as good as Key’s, that boy was a freak. But if there were any girl in the school the Ripped, faded jeans with a simple shirt on that is more than enough to drool over.

He seemed naturally perfect.

 

Jonghyun wasn’t surprised, he had seen many other perfects, so what was special with this one?

“Hey, Im Lee Jinki. Im new blah blah blah. I hope we be friends.”

Quite confidently Jinki smiled a sunny smile he knew that killed people.

And yes, It did kill Jonghyun, but he didn’t dare show it.

So that’s what’s special about this one.

This one was more than perfect.

 


 

 

The teacher furiously tapped her pen on the table, mumbling words Jinki failed to hear. “Where to sit Lee Jinki.”

 Oh that’s what she’s doing.  Suddenly her eyes lit up.  “Minho, get out of your seat.”

“What?”  Jinki presumed the handsome; shoulder length brown haired one was him.

“Because I said. Now get your things and move next to that guy..tsk..what’s his name?”

“Joon Miss. I’m Joon.”

“Okay.”

“What? Minho! Don’t do it.” The boy with spiked brown hair said.

 

 

Too late.

Minho was happy to move, his Hyung had been annoying him more than ever these days. He probably needed a girlfriend.

And Minho wasn’t his girlfriend.

Jinki moved swiftly to his new assigned seat. After he took the time to unpack, prepare for the next class, he was ready to observe.

People often thought he was dense, just by looking at him, and sometimes he acted dense too. Just because it was more amusing that way. Right now sitting in this class, it didn’t take him long to separate the popular from the unpopular. He was sure that the boy with spiked hair was something else.

Probably a hated person,

Jinki had to refocus to hear that someone was calling out to him.

“Pst. Pssssssttt. Hey, you Jinki.”

This person really whispered loud.

“Yeah?” Jinki turned his face to the source of the voice,

Oh it was that spiked hair boy.

“Hey. Im Jonghyun.” The boy winked and did some sort of hair flip, that didn’t do anything to his styled hair. 

“Your Loud. And im Jinki.”

Jonghyun smiled, “You're quite. And I know"

Just where is this going?

_

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weeks had gone by, and Jonghyun found himself actually enjoying class. That was so new to him; he had only seen school as a depressing place where older, uglier people told him what to do, but now it seemed as if Jinki just had the power to light up the place.

It was only four weeks since Jinki had known Jonghyun, but to him it was like four years. It’s not like Jinki would just go along with any one, but Jonghyun was just something else. For once in his life Jinki’s first impression was wrong. Jonghyun was not at all what people told him he was. Jonghyun known as the super play boy, gay or not, acting up in class, just plain dickhead was nothing what Jinki knew him to be.  Instead, he was this sweet as cherries romantic boy who liked to sing.

Jinki was simple, Jonghyun had found out. He was simple minded, calm, he could handle any situation. And Jinki had found out Jonghyun was not. He thought latterly, seeing everything in a different eye, It was amusing, being at his side, listening to his stories. It only made Jinki wish to be there more.

 

So when Jonghyun had asked Jinki to ditch the homework due the next day and come to an ‘Adventure’ that involved going a girl’s school and other intimate things, Jinki gave a second thought to it.

“What’s the reason?” Jinki had asked. Jonghyun shrugged and looked into Jinki’s direction “I dunno. YOLO?”

Jinki started back blankly at Jonghyun, “YO what?”

Jonghyun’s face went from mildly shocked to extremely, He grabbed Jinki’s wrists pulling their bodies away from the cafeteria, He had a lot to teach Jinki, Jonghyun had thought.

So it was a yes. He would go.

It wasn’t the best adventure. Hell it was pretty horrific. They started off dressed as boys, in sharp casual clothing that made them look more hot than already possible, they sneaked in the morning. But everything changed once they were inside for a couple of hours. Trapped, and no way to go out the front door of a girl school looking as they did, they needed a plan. Jinki doesn’t know why the Jonghyun had eyeliner for, but he forced himself to believe Key had snuck it into his backpack. And thank god the girls’ dorm they were in had wigs, girls could be weird too.  And after about 30 minutes of smudging eyeliner and finding wigs and skirts they were able to pass off as girls.

Once outside Jinki started on all the things that was wrong with Jonghyun, but when he spun around to see Jonghyun raking out Laughs, he couldn’t hold back himself.

Oddly, Jonghyun thought Jinki was pretty in his ugly wig and weird skirt.

_

 

 

 “its love I tell you.” Kibum said out of the bloom, Jonghyun choking on his apple, Minho and Taemin quietly feeding each other. “What do you m-mean?”  Kibum rolled his fine lined eyes as he picked at a few strands of blonde hair out of his face. “Jonghyun. Don’t make it so obvious, you know. I know and they know.” He said pointing his fork to a Taemin and Minho’s whose mouths were rolled with laughter.

“Key, im not gay.”

Kibum stopped fiddling with his hair, squinting his eyes to look at Jonghyun “Yeah and that’s what he said.” He once again pointed at Minho who was now feeding Taemin, and the younger swallowing the food in record speed.

“Hyungs. Im not gay, I just love Taemin, nothing gay.”

Key scoffed then mumbling something along the lines of ‘Stealing my Taemin’.

Jonghyun sighed. There was no point in arguing, but thank god that Jinki had an assignment to do in class with that Joon guy. Jonghyun was secretly sad that he missed on this conversation. It would be so much easier for him, if he could just say it. He had tried making it obvious by doing things like putting his hand on Jinki’s waist, or touching his cheek. Anything that basically involved touching him.

“But Kibum, He is so damn dense.”

Key could only laugh at that,

 “You know Jonghyun, sometimes I can’t believe your my hyung.”

_

Jonghyun warily made his way back to class. He had thought about it. He was going to confess to Jinki, yes like in the movies and their going to have a kiss that will be so perfect.And ride off to the sunset-

He was being abit  delusional.

When he layed his hand on the door knob to open the door, he heard laughter emitting from inside. Jonghyun got on his toes and peeked through the window. The sight absolutely broke his heart.

Jinki was inside, sharing lunch with that Joon guy and laughing his head off. Anyone would look at them and say they were cute. Joon was handsome, Jonghyun thought more than him, and Joon was perfect for Jinki. Whereas he was not so perfect. He hadn’t felt the feeling called jealousy before, because he always had what he wanted.

But now that he felt it, he understood all the depressing quotes that had been created by teenagers.

 

 

 

Through the 15 minutes of staring nothing could prepare him for the next bit. Jonghyun and Jinki were both not expecting Joon to lean down and peck Jinki on the lips. And when he did Jonghyun could stare no more. Warm tears were the only company he had when spun on his heels and made his way out of the school.

 

_

“Ohmygod what the hell Hyung?”

Jonghyun had thought all day that day, he was angry and hurt and most of all frustrated. He knew he liked Jinki, he couldn’t be oblivious to that anymore, And also he had secretly hoped that Jinki liked him too. Sometimes when Jonghyun got a little too close with Jinki, he always had that thought of being pushed away. But the thing was Jinki never pushed him away, always smiling or laughing, stating how silly he was. Now Jonghyun felt as if Jinki did that with everyone. Even though Jonghyun knew that it wasn’t Jinki’s fault, he couldn’t help the warm anger that spread across his body.

Now in the middle of the night, He found himself furiously knocking at Minho’s door. Minho’s tired eyes were not far from seeing the prominent angry features that were written on Jonghyun’s face, so he took in a breath of air.

“What’s wrong Hyung?”

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked as he started to pace back and forth madly. “I don’t know Minho. Everything is great!”

Minho sighed “Then why the hell are you here?” He really didn’t need to ask that. “Because I have problems, and why can’t I be here. I can be anywhere I want to.”

“Okay. So what is your problem?”

Jonghyun burst out into a manic laugh. “Who said im telling you?”

Minho kept his temper in check, It was true Jonghyun was pissing the hell off Minho, and it was true he was tired from giving in all the assignments that Jonghyun still hasn’t given in, but Jonghyun was still his friend.

“Come on Hyung tell me.”

“No. Im not talking to you.”

“Then who the hell are you talking to?” Minho said between gritted teeth.

 

 

 

“Have you ever thought about the ing air?”

 

 

That was it. Minho couldn’t take it anymore, if he didn’t want to tell him, why should he force him too? The real question was why he was still woke from his warm bed, half , with only pyjama shorts on, answering the door at 12 o’clock to see his friend who is older than him having a mental break down.

“You know what Hyung? Come back and talk to me when you’re not a 13 year old girl who’s going through a sudden change of hormones, and whose oestrogen is not about to explode!”

That was Minho’s last sentence before he slammed the door on Jonghyun’s face and straddled back to bed. Outside Minho’s house Jonghyun found out that talking to the air is not that effective.

_

 

 

The next morning was the biggest drag for Jonghyun. He wasn’t planning on going to school but then he didn’t see the point in staying home.

Jinki had thought him that.

Although he went to school, he didn’t exactly go to class. Instead he made his way down to the music room. Since he could a little boy he’d always go to the music room to seek comfort. Unlike most other children who would go to their mother or a toy, Jonghyun wasn’t ever like that. More than anything, Music always seemed to wrap itself around him and let him cry until he could move on.

Sometimes that was all he could trust

 

He opened the door to the music room half-heartedly, only to be hit with a gush of amazing piano playing. Jonghyun squinted his eyes to see, then stupidly enough he realized the lights in the room were off.

Now who would be playing the piano in the dark?

Jonghyun quietly crept to the switches; he’s been to this place so many times that he even knew exactly which switch was which. He slowly tapped the light switch on and waited as the new light invaded the dark.

 

 

He waited a couple of minutes for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, and then the first thing his eyes caught was the scared expression that rested on Jinki’s face.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened, It was not like Jonghyun hadn’t seen Jinki sit on the piano seat or anything, He just never knew he played.

“You play?” Was the first thing Jonghyun could ask, subconsciously he was at the piano himself.

“Yeah. I –I also sing. A little.”  Jinki said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.

When Jonghyun asked why Jinki never told him, Jinki only shrugged. It was not like he didn’t want to tell him but it was just that he didn’t really have a legitimate answer.

But when Jonghyun looked at him like he was expecting more than a lose shoulder gesture, the other didn’t really have much of a choice.

“Well, it’s just, after hearing you’re voice I didn’t think mine was good…” Jinki said, burning holes into the keys in front of him, his mind racing through answers he can give to that answer.

“Are you kidding me?” Jonghyun deadpanned. Jinki nodded, not knowing what to do now. An uncomfortable silence blanketed over the two as they sat side by side on the piano. Nothing came into Jinki’s mind, he wasn’t really the one for talk about feelings and such, and those were topics he’d rather avoid.

Jonghyun shuffled abit closer to Jinki, surprising the older. Jinki could not bring himself to look into Jonghyun’s eyes; it was not that he was afraid; it was just that he was confused. He didn’t know how to fool proof the next step, we was scared of what might happen next.

Jonghyun abruptly touched the keys of the piano without a sound, Jinki was however not surprised, he had been staring at it as if he was mentally challenging himself if to touch it or not. So when Jonghyun looked back at him as if asking for permission to continue, Jinki could only nod with a soft smile.

When Jonghyun started to press down on the ivory pieces like he knew each one as a best friend, conversation seemed to be more than futile.

And when Jinki joined the song by adding his voice, Jonghyun didn’t stop playing. He only took one short glance at Jinki who seemed just as lost in the music as he’d always been.  Sure as hell Jinki was wrong about his voice, Jonghyun thought. It just started as if it had always been there, the harmony spread through the room, indulging the darkness with its soft spark. Jonghyun didn’t have to turn around and praise the other for he thought Jinki already knew.

 

 

 

 

“You know, I like you.” Jonghyun was the first to talk after the long hold of notes and voices. Jinki looked up to face Jonghyun who was towering over him. “Yeah I know, I like you too.” He blurted out with a sunny smile.

Jonghyun adverted his eyes before saying what kind of “Like” He meant, and when Jinki didn’t slap him or laugh or left the room Jonghyun was forced to look back. He was caught off guard seeing Jinki with a bashful face. “I know.” Jinki had mumbled, and before he could ask how he knew, Jinki only replied “You were making it obvious Jonghyun.”

Jinki took the time to answer each and every one of Jonghyun’s questions. Jinki was marvelled on how he knew about the incident with Joon but never the less explained to him how it was a misunderstanding.

“Is that all?”

Jonghyun looked thoughtful for a moment, then with full eyes he said, “Nope one more.”

When Jinki rolled his eyes and smiled, he couldn’t help the assuring feeling to continue that filled his heart.

“C-Can I kiss you?”

Jinki couldn’t bite back the smile that he tried to hide, so without words he nodded dumbly at the question.

Jonghyun’s heart leaping with happiness had already forgotten about the tense doubts that had filled him only minutes before. So subconsciously He leaned forward expecting to taste Jinki lips on his own, and when he didn’t, he cracked an eye open with a groan of frustration.

He had to chuckle seeing Jinki bent in an impossible position over the piano stool and head nearly reaching the ground.

“Jinki. What. Are. you doing?”

Jinki blushed and smiled sheepishly. “I was just not t-that ready. But now I am!”

Jonghyun grinned so wide his cheeks started to pain, he whispered a “it’s going to be fine” to Jinki before slowly proceeding again.

Again when it had been two minutes and nothing had happened, Jonghyun only sighed with a smile. “If you’re going to be like this we’re both gonna end up on the floor.”

Jinki grew a deep shade of red after hearing that, and Jonghyun realised just how inappropriate that had sounded.

Unable to wipe off the smirk on his face, Jonghyun added: “Yes. Take it the wrong way.”

 

 

And with that both males tumbled to floor, fists of laughter clashing with tangled in lips and teeth.

So it was an imperfect first kiss, but they both knew that they couldn’t share that same experience with just any one.

_

“Yeah that’s nice Kevin. Im sure your girlfriend is hot. Jinki your turn.”

Jinki slowly stood up, absolutely not rushing. He collected his loose sheet of paper and set it in front of him, although he knew he really didn’t need it.

Jinki took in a deep breath and flicked his eyes one last time to see Jonghyun smiling all sunny at him. He only returned the favour by smiling just as happily.

“So who gave me inspiration this year?

As you all know I only came this year, six months ago. The person that showed me the most kindness is Kim Jonghyun. The first time I met him I never imagined that we would have such a relationship. And disappointingly enough, I believed everyone else opinions on him other than my own.  He forgave my acts; he showed me what having a fun friend you could trust was like. But once again I unknowingly caused situations where he was more than hurt. Still when I turned to music as a comforter, Jonghyun came along telling me I was far from alone.  He’d ask me what’s the point of living was if you weren’t really alive? I didn’t understand then, I didn’t understand why he had asked me. But now I have an answer, You see the point of living without being alive is not necessarily something you can do alone. You need to find that person that makes you feel alive.

And Jonghyun is that person for me. Whoever told you, you were imperfect tell them its okay because you see this?”

Jinki pointed to his chest, more known as his heart. He looked at his surroundings before continuing, and he saw that he had well and truly had caught every ones attention better than his teacher had done all year.  And in the midst of it was Jonghyun, who didn’t look like he was going to stop wiping his eyes or stop smiling anytime soon.  So that as his cue, he carried on.

 

“This is something that thinks you’re more than perfect.

I love you Kim Jonghyun.

The end.”

Jinki happily took his seat and gave a glance at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun who was right next to him gave a grin that said that Jinki was he “Living” too.

 

 

 

“K-Kim Jonghyun, Your turn.” The teacher sniffed. 

And That’s really all he needed to know. Jonghyun was now his and he was Jonghyun’s. Although things were not so good at the start or the middle, the end was always good.

“Gladly.”

 

Always perfect