Project Eclipse

Epicenter

 

    Year 2019       “Here we are – the archive room. Your first task is to take out all the boxes cold cases prior to 2013, so cases from 2012 and older. Take the boxes down to the locker in the basement and file them according to the years and alphabetically after you finish sorting here. Make sure to double check that the files inside correspond with the case number on the box. Otherwise, you’ll have to sort through boxes all over again. Be precise~,” he taunted her. Opening the door, he turned to her with one last comment. “By the way, there’s a second level to this room. Good luck, Rookie. You’re going to need it.”

            The senior officer left with a snicker, closing the door behind him, leaving her to her doom. When her acceptance letter of the FBI Special Tasks Force arrived the month before, she had mentally prepared herself for some action and mystery. Yet, here she was: her first day on the job and she was assigned the task of filing paperwork. 

            Seriously…this is bull crap, she thought with a sigh. Slipping on some gloves, she took a deep breath before diving head first into the long, tedious task.

--

            Three days. She had been sorting through the boxes for three days and was about to go insane. Up and down, left and right – the boxes were never ending. And, almost all were dated in the years before 2013. It was like nobody had gone through the boxes before she joined the team. However, she managed to clear out the first floor already, a feat in itself, and was now brushing the surface of the second floor.

            Closing the lid to her fourth box, she stacked it onto the trolley and collapsed into a chair at a desk. She couldn’t even rest her head for the table was occupied by none other than boxes.

            For the love of…Whatever, I’ll just sit here and work on these ones instead. It beats standing, that’s for sure. Pulling a container towards her, she checked the year before proceeding. It was a cold case from 2012 filed under the order of Sector 19. Sector 19? We have a Sector 19? Lifting off the lid, she pulled out the lone file inside, placing the empty box on the floor to make room on the desk for her.

PROJECT ECLIPSE

TOP SECRET

READ WITH CAUTION

            A large red ‘COLD CASE’ was stamped across the front of the file, yet she was intrigued. What was Sector 19? What was Project Eclipse? Why was this top secret file now a cold case? Scanning the room, she checked if the coast was clear before gingerly opening the manila folder.

 


 


PROJECT ECLIPSE: PARTICIPANTS

Name: JOHN DOE (Anon)

Gender: Male

Age: N/A

Birth date: N/A

Ability: Twilight Manipulation

Status: Alive DECEASED

Synopsis:

-Captured in 1984.

-Trained until 1989. Health/ability level - Master

-Power extracted 1990. Dead upon power removal.

 

Name: Lee Howon AKA White Mist

Gender: Male

Age: 21

Birth date: March 28, 1991

Ability: Telekinesis

Status: M.I.A

Synopsis:

-Power injected one week after birth

-Affiliated with Lumokinesis

-False memories planted within the first three years.

-Tracker.

-Whereabouts unknown. Last seen in Seoul 2012.

 

Name: Jung Jae Rin AKA Black Mist

Gender: Female

Age: 21

Birth date: March 28, 1991

Ability: Telekinesis

Status: M.I.A

Synopsis:

-Power injected one week after birth

-Affiliated with Umbrakinesis

-Kept under watch of Agents 0581 & 0582

-Runner

-Whereabouts unknown. Last seen in Seoul 2012.

--

PROJECT ECLIPSE: REPORT

CASE STUDY:

1) Study reaction of extracting powers from mutants.

2) Experiment with splitting a multi-formatted power.

3) Experiment with injecting foreign powers into new hosts. Possibly twins or children born on the same day.

4) Track new hosts and their reactions to their divided power.

5) Who will dominate the other? What will they do to each other? How will the single power split between two people react?

 

PROCESS:

-1960: First Twilight mutant captured. Too weak to handle extraction process. Power lost.

-1973: Second Twilight mutant captured. Trained/built immune system. Power successfully extracted. However, viruses infected powers. Hosts could not affiliate with the injections. Bodies rejected powers and hosts self imploded. All deceased.

-1984: Third Twilight mutant captured. Trained/built immune system for extended period of time. Proper encasings and labs built to accommodate extracted powers.

-1990: Extraction successful.

-1991: Hosts found. Powers injected.

-2007: First symptoms of injected powers recorded.

-2012: Hosts battle in Seoul. M.I.A.

 

CONCLUSION:

            Through this experiment, we successfully extracted powers from mutants, divided the two-ended powers, and injected them into new hosts. We also created an airtight, super vial capable of containing the powers inside without imploding.

            The new hosts adjusted well with the new powers, but the split of one power created imbalance. Earthquakes occurred whenever they came in close perimeters of one another because it was unnatural for them to be separate. They were trying to force themselves together, but could not. Result = earthquakes. Also, the supposed dominant power became the weaker of the two, running away from the other. Could possibly be a side effect or a defense mechanism of the Light mutant?

*COMMANDER DEAD. MUTANTS MISSING. BODIES NOT FOUND. CASE DISMISSED*

--

            The file ended there. The rookie flipped through the file again, yet still only found the two pages. It can’t possibly end there. What happened to the hosts? Are they dead? And mutants. Mutants exist? Are there really people out there who have super powers? She looked over the two pictures, studying the youthful images of Hoya and Jae Rin. They looked happy. Were they happy? She slipped the pages back into the file and sat back in thought.

            These two kids were innocent victims of such a disgusting project. They were brought into this world hoping to have a normal life. Yet, they were pitted against each other, their futures foretold. One obviously was supposed to die. But who? Did they actually?

            The rattling of a doorknob scared her, snapping her out of her dazed state. She looked up to see her senior officer peeking into the room.

            “Lunch is here. Come join us, Rookie.”

            “Oh, okay,” she mumbled, sliding the file into its box and placing it on the trolley with the others. She followed after the officer, silently walking down the halls in deep thought. “Sir,” she asked, “I was just wondering. What happened with Project Eclipse?”

            “Project Eclipse?” he asked with a raised brow. A look of confusion crossed his face. He had no idea what she was talking about. “I’ve never heard of it. Why do you ask?”

            “Just, I found a file with that file in it. It talked about Sector 19 and about mutants. Can you believe it? Mutants?” She rambled on, talking quickly about a boy and girl, extracted powers, a fifty-two year long experiment.

            “Rookie, calm down. I don’t understand half the things you’re saying and they sound pretty far-fetched to me. Sector 19? There’s no such thing as a Sector 19, dear. Did you inhale too much dust up there?” he chuckled, brushing her off. “Now hurry up, before the good stuff is taken.” He rushed ahead of her to the lunch room, laughing silently at her sudden talk of mutants and sectors. It was impossible. There were no such things as mutants.

            Or so he thought.


Okay, so I was in the mood to write and had some time at school. This is the end! KEUT! I'm too lazy to edit this....so let it be ahahaha Maybe I'll come back some other time and fix it if it see anything. *empty promise*.

I hope you all liked the final chapter and hopefully it cleared up some confusions. But then again, the ending probably confused you more, didn't it? I don't know, I think it ends nicely there because writing more would be too much and deleting things wouldn't make any sense.

Any who, this is the end for Epicenter. I hope you all enjoyed it as much a I did writing it!

Keep an eye out for my next fic, please~~~~

See you in the next Story!

-greenninjapanda GNP-