Chapter 4

Gangsta Girl meets Music Boy

The band didn't really approach CC before they left, because curious people are swarming from every direction and they can't afford to be discovered.

 

The band did bring CC's plastics of goods on her neighbor's house. Good thing she is well known in their district and everyone knows that her apartment should always be concealed among theirselves only.

But of course, they are too curious and interested of CC's background so they insisted of staying at the neighbor's house until CC fetch these groceries.

And of course, the neighbor did recognize them... but didn't dare to say a word to the public because CC's involve.

 

"Urrrggghh!!! I thought she lives in some kind of a mansiooooon!!!" Yamada complained but nobody reacted.

 

"How do you think will it take her?" Yabu, the oldest of them all, asked the others.

"Maybe she's on someone's house aiding her scratches." Yamada answered sarcastically.

He's not really impressed, but kind of curious or interested, as usual.

"Hmmmm..." Yuto said.

Yamada thought for a moment that this unusually cheerful guy is falling in love with a nerdy who is actually a gangster... everyone knows that there is a possibility that he'll fall for someone wearing eyeglasses... but not with a two faced gangster.

"Maybe she's not really faking her identity." Yuto concluded.

"Isn't it obvious? She doesn't like to socialize because see thinks everyone's too weak to become her friend!" Yamada's voice is rising.

Weird enough, he is the pointing out the obvious, instead of asking, which he usually does.

That's because hee hated the fact... if she is a gangster... then how the hell will he be able to be friends with her if some scary people are tailing her... and that fight before? That was really something.

"Noooo~~~" Yuto said while pouting.

"That's right... isn't she amazing???" Chinen said, he too, is dazed.

"Wait, what the hell are you guys talking about?" Keito, who is disappointed of seeing his dream girl fight for life and death, said.

"We're deciding if she really is REAL or a FAKE." Yamada answered, quite impatient.

"Yaaaah~" again, Yuto's daydreaming. "She's really cute!!!"

"And impressive." Chinen added.

"And you guys are like fools." Hikaru interjected.

"What?" the three asked at the same time.

"I said, you guys are real fools. If she is a real gangster... then she'll be suspended! And if she finds out that we saw the fight, then she'll quit school! That's it!" Daiki explained.

"Good for her!" Yamada said, and good for him, the others were able to restrain the other two from strangling him.

 

It took them about 1 hour before deciding to go back home.

If someone hears that they are staying longer than usual for just a girl, then rumors will surely hit them... and they might end up losing their careers.

 

They stood, ready to leave, when the door creaked open.

 

It was CC.

Wearing bandages on each of her scartches. A band aid on her cheek bone, bandages for her knuckles.....

 

"Hey." it was Yamada who spoke first.

"What?" she asked.

"You're dead." he answered and the two, Chinen and Yuto, hit him.

"AWWW!!!" he complained.

CC's lips curled into somewhat a hidden smile, but she removed it as fast as she can.

 

And just as what she expected, they interviewed her about the fight that happened a few hours ago.

 

"Ahhh... so you know those guys who started the fight?"

"Kind of."

"So you're their leader?"

 

That's it.

She revealed her secret.

Or it shouldn't be called a secret, because every one in the district knows about it.

 

"Ahh..." they were all absorbed in asking CC questions, well, Yamada can't take it anymore.

 

First, it was too unfair for her to be at the Horikoshi Gakuen.

She's not even a star.

Nor does she look like a talent.

Then, she topped above Chinen.

Nobody even spotted her opening a single book.

And no way did she ever been able to copy anyone's answer.

Or did she have a comfortable place to review.

Then as for the latest...

She's a gangster.

And everyone's thinking about considering it because they are so scared of her fighting them.

 

"HEY!!!!" Yamada shouted.

"What?" they all turned to him.

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR! WHY IS SHE AT HORIKOSHI GAKUEN? HOW THE HELL WAS SHE ABLE TO TOP OVER CHINEN?! AND WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS CONSIDERING SUCH AN ABSURD LIE LIKE THAT!!"

Right, she's dirtying the name of their school.

And he can't afford to be dirtied.

 

Then he left, banging the door behind him.

*****

 

Yuto understands Yamada more than anyone.

 

He too was shocked when a stranger to their country was able to enter their school, a stranger to books was able to top someone who is balancing his work and school, and a girl who is good at a strange thing to them.

But now, he can't differentiate the feeling of amusement, interest and frustation.

 

He knows that he himself is attracted to CC, but now that Yamada's fusing over CC's background, how will he be able to confess a thing to his best friends?

 

"Where is Yamada?" it was Daiki.

"Ahh... rehearsing alone." Yuto answered.

"Maybe he was really shocked about the turn of events."

That's right, when they left the house of CC's neighbor and went back home, everyone kept asking questions about that girl.

 

Yuto started with Yamada seeing her near their training room at Johnny's. Then to her transferring at their school. What Chinen sees of her, what he saw her doing. And then to the point when CC topped the class.

"So she's really mysterious, isn't she?" Yuya, the gangster-actor of the group, said.

Yuya played as Ogata Yamata at Gokusen 3. But he have never actually seen a girl fight.

"Yaahhh... with the half of the term with her, she never really opened up to anyone." Yuto answered.

"But she's fond of animals... and maybe the sakura tree back at school." Chinen added.

 

Whenever they needed to rehearse together, Yamada's not really approaching anyone, but when someone approaches him, sure, he answers it, but he really didn't like discussing about CC.

 

Yuto thought for a moment back when Yamada told him about when he saw CC at the agency that he is starting to like someone other than his career.

He is too strict of himself, he lives by rules of the agency and rules of a star.

Yes, they bond with each other, but really, he isn't fond of girls.

******

 

Summer vacation's nearly done when CC got the second message from she and her father's agreement.

 

Ceina,

   As the first 3 months of the agreement went smoothly, we should be proceeding with the next dare.

   I would like to note that this agreement, if not followed according to the rules, will proceed to consequences as stated.

   The next step on achieving the end of this is:

         BE AN IDOL.

   I know this wouldn't be difficult for you for us, your parents, had given you certain gifts that you yourself sharpened by learning.

Your Father,

Ian Cross.

 

"BE AN IDOL." CC repeated.