Message

Message [One-Shot]

Yunho toyed with the pen in his hands absentmindedly. It was a tiring day but it isn't over just yet. He sighed tiredly, loudly.

"Hyung," Changmin nudged him. "Hyung, he asked you a question."

Yunho's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, he can tell that Changmin knew he was not being attentive. He nodded to his bandmate before turning his attention before him.

A sea of reporters have gathered for TVXQ's presscon amid the burning heat.  Yunho knows what every reporter wants to ask him, but he doesn't initiate. Their agency has strictly said that sensitive matters shouldn't be discussed during public conferences. Sensitive matters such as lawsuits and JYJ.

"U-Know Yunho, has Jaejoong contacted you lately?" a reporter asked.

Yunho took a deep breath and battled hard to keep his face straight and emotionless as he replied with a firm "no". He felt Changmin flinch as he went on, "I haven't received any form of contact from him."

-----------------------------

Later that night Yunho sat in front of Changmin at the dining table, eating their instant noodles in silence, three empty chairs around them.

Yunho knows Changmin was also thinking the same thing, remembering the question earlier in their press conference. Changmin may not have spoken about the matter, but Yunho knows that the question bothered him as well.

"Hyung," Changmin spoke at last. "Haven't you really received anything from them?"

Yunho shook his head, not looking at Changmin.

"From him?" Changmin went on, his voice much softer. "Yet?"

Yunho just looked down at his food and went on eating.

"They said right after you spoke he wrote on Twitter that he just sent you a message."

----------------------------

Yunho stood transfixed on the spot before his computer screen.

mjjeje: Yunho...

mjjeje: Yunho are you there?

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: are you reading this? are you receiving this?

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: I send you a message

mjjeje: everyday

mjjeje: to your phone and email

mjjeje: Yunho please reply...

mjjeje: please say something...

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: Junsu and Yoochun

mjjeje: they miss you and Changmin

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: I miss you and Changmin too

mjjeje: let us contact you Yunho

mjjeje: we have to talk....

mjjeje: ......

mjjeje: ......

mjjeje: Yunho please tell Changmin to eat well

mjjeje: both of you please take care of yourselves

mjjeje: .....

mjjeje: Yunho, are you there?

Yunho turned away from the computer screen with a confused look on his face, then slowly his form crumpled as he fell to his knees and tears started rolling down his cheeks.

"I know, Jaejoong-ah, I know," he spoke to himself in between sobs. "I've read every message you sent."

*mjjeje has logged out of chat*

"I'm here, Jaejoong, I'm right here."