Ghosts of the past?

Second Chance

               " Ok class roll call" the teacher called out.

' Same old school, same old class , same old people and same old seat on the second last row ' Daiki thought

to himself as he looked through the class window.

He looked at the empty seat beside him just in time to see a boy occupy the seat.

Irritated he looked up at the boy.

 The boy who looked rather worn out turned to smile at him. " Hey!" he said.

     Daiki smirked and looked away and turned his focus to the scenery.

' Its been a year... '

_______________________________________________________________________________

       A 2 years ago.....

              " See? " Yabu said putting the pen down on the book. " that's how you do it" he said.

" Moe...why is it so hard?!" Daiki grumbled.

" Dai-chan!! Its a two-step sum!!" Yabu said.

The librarian turned to glare at Yabu who mouthed an apology.

          A book suddenly landed on the table in front of the two boy's.

" Math for 5th graders?" Yabu read and looked up at the person who threw the book.

 The girl blew a strand of her hair off her face.

" Sorry but I couldnt help overhearing you two " she said glaring at Daiki.

" Hopefully this should help" she said.

" Im not a fifth grader!!" Daiki yelled.

" Dont yell at me!!!" the girl yelled.

 The two then felt a tap on their shoulders and turned to look at the librarian.

          " Great" Daiki said turning to the girl." Thanks a lot".

" You started it " she protested.

Daiki stared at her uniform. " Eh? We're from the same school!!" he exclaimed.

" Maji?! Demo I havent seen you before...Namae wa?" she asked.

" Arioka Daiki desu kimi?" he asked.

" Tanaka Rie desu " she said. " So are you a first year?" she asked.

" Yeah you?" he asked.

" I will be " she said grinning." I did so badly in my exam's that im repeating a year ".

" Oh...so that's why I havent seen you before" Daiki said.

" Well.." Rie said walking ahead. " Since i've got nothing to do wanna hang out?" .

          2 months later...

" I like you please go out with me!!" Daiki said bowing to Rie.

" Baka.." Rie said smacking his head " This is the third time you've told me that!!" she said.

" Well you havent told me your feeling's yet so..." Daiki said.

 Rie grabbed Daiki's tie and kissed him on the lip's.

" Problem solved ?" she asked.

Daiki, whose face was tomato red blushed . " Yes " he said.

        6 months later...

       " Rie-chan" Daiki called out to Rie who was spacing out.

" Nandayo?! Your spacing out a lot  these days...is something wrong?" he asked.

" Iie betsuni.." Rie said and turned back to her lunch.

Daiki sat in front of her " You arent cheating on me right?" he asked.

She laughed " Of course not!! Baka! Why would you think that?" she asked.

" Well if anythings wrong you'll tell me right?" he asked.

Rie nodded " Hai!!" she said.

          4 months later...

      " Come on Rie-chan pick up your phone !!" Daiki yelled and dialled her number for almost the hundredth time. No answer.

     " Damn it!!" Daiki said throwing his phone.

He then picked up his coat and went downstairs.

" Daiki-kun!! Where are you going?!" his Mom called.

" To Rie-chans house" he said running outside.

             He took the bus to Rie's house. On reaching her house he was shocked to find anumber of police cars

around her house.

He went towards the gate but was stopped by a police man.

" Who are you?" he asked.

" A..ano.." Daiki started to say but caught sight of Rie's younger brother.

" Satoshi!!" he called out.

     Satoshi turned to look at Daiki and nodded to the policeman.

Daiki then entered the house and went up to him.

" Whats going on?" he asked. " Rie-chan hasnt answered her phone at all".

Satoshi's eye's were a bright shade of red , Daiki could tell he had been crying.

" Its nee-chan" he said.

      Daiki entered the house and saw Rie's parents talking to a police man.

While her mom was crying like a child her father had a solemn look on his face.

" Sumimasen.." Daiki said.

The 3 of them turned to look at him.

" Daiki-kun..Im so sorry..." she said.

" Ano...where's Rie?" he asked.

Her mom's expression changed. She swallowed hard and turned to him.

" She...she died in a car accident " she said and began to cry.

    Daiki just stared straight ahead and a tear fell from his eye's.

" No..." he said.

' It not true ....its not true....' Daiki thought.

" Rie-chan....Rie-chan..." Daiki said .

He then grabbed his hair and screamed. He screamed as loud as he could. He didnt stop until 3 policemen

muffled him with a cloth.

         Ever since that day Daiki wasnt normal. He skipped meals often, he refused to attend school day after

day he would sit for hours staring at his phone waiting for a so-called Rie-chan to call.  He even jumped out

from his room window in a suicide attempt but failed and ended up breaking a hand. This went on for almost a

year . Daiki was finally able to accept the fact that he could never see Rie again.

          Now as an 18 year old Daiki returned to his school as a second year.

    However he was still depressed about the fact tht he didnt have Rie by his side and his friends were a

year ahead of him too.

     " Arioka Daiki?"

             The teachers voice brought Daiki back to his senses.

" H...hai" he said.

       " Class...We have a transfer student this year she moved in from Hokkaido please greet her" the teacher

said and gestured for her to come in.

    The girl walked into class and turned to smile at the class.

" Hajimemae watashi no namae wa Masamune Kaoru desu Yoroshiku" she said.

     Daiki stared at the girl with wide eye's.

   " Impossible " he said as he watched the girl walk to her seat which was right in front of him.

' Its impossible for two people who are not related to look alike right? demo...why does she look like Rie-chan?

' he thought.

     The girl walked up to her seat and turned to grin at Daiki , pushing her glasses up her nose she asked.

" May I have this seat?" she asked.

    Daiki just nodded as she sat down in her seat.

" Uso darou " Daiki said and out.

________________________________________________________________________________-

Hey!!

   First chap XD

Gomen ne minna I couldnt update sooner ... :((

Demo its here!!

so what do you think?

Pls do subscribe and comment it motivates me!! :))

-kaze27