Surprise, surprise.

Snow White ♔ Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Thanks,” you say briskly and slams the door shut after stepping out of Kris’s car.

You watch as Kris gestures that he’ll be with you soon after he gets his car parked and you nod. Turning around, you then walk up the stairs and into the police station. You push the huge door open and you stick your head in. It doesn’t look like a busy day for the policemen at all. No one’s rushing all around the place but rather just a grumpy woman sitting at the reception counter.

You take a deep breath and walk up to the woman. You clear your throat and she slowly looks up at you, with her annoyed expression. “Erm, can I know whether I can meet Edward Park?” you begin. “Park Han Yul.”

 She sighs and looks down at her log book. Adjusting her spectacles on her nose bridge, she looks back up. “Do you have an appointment?” she asks and you eye her confusedly. You need to make an appointment? Isn’t there supposed to a visiting hour? “Nevermind,” she rolls her eyes and stands up, closing the log book shut. “Follow me.”

“Uhm, wait…” you trail off when she ignores your presence and walks away quite quickly for someone with short legs. You look back to the entrance, Kris isn’t here yet, and you then quicken your pace to catch up to her. You figure Kris will find his way later.

After a few turns and a few stares from some police officers, you reach your supposed destination. She puts her hand on the doorknob and her head, gesturing you to wait in this room. You nod and she swings the door open. Stepping in slowly, you scan around the room as it is a new environment to you. You’ve never exactly been in a police station, well, you did feel like you were being held hostage in the hospital a week back. Oh, and your stepmother’s office always give you the same exact feeling.

Okay, so this environment might not exactly be entirely new to you after all.

You hear the door creaking open and you turn around, just to see Edward being in by a police officer, his hands pulled back with a handcuff. You eye him pitifully, then coming to your senses that he probably deserves this. But you can’t seem to accept that thought, he doesn’t, he was just following orders to keep his job. He is the personal assistant of your stepmother after all. He has to listen to whatever she has to say.

The police officer leads him to a chair and Edward sits down. The handcuff is then removed and the police officer gives you a polite smile before leaving the room to the both of you. Edward watches you with an appreciating smile as you take a seat opposite him.

“Thanks for coming to meet me,” he says, gently his sore wrist. “How are you, Miss Kim?”

“I’m fine,” you answer, staring at the red marks on his wrist. “What about you? How are they treating you?”

He lets out a bitter chuckle. “The treatment can’t be any better,” he begins. “It’s a prison after all.”

“Oh,” you mutter. “You say you have something to tell me?”

He nods. “I told the police what happened.”

You’re confused. You lean forward, asking, “About?”

“Everything,” he admits. He looks at you apologetically and drops his head, sighing. “I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t work for her ever again. It feels wrong. I feel…”

“Evil?”

“Weak,” he corrects you. “I’ve been a toy, a puppet for her evil deeds for about 10 years now.” Edward then looks back up. “I’m sorry, Miss Kim.”

You smile slightly and put your hand on his. “I forgive you.”

His eyes widen, taken aback. “What?”

“I forgive you,” you repeat.

“But I… I did you wrong,” he says, almost to tears. “You’re being too nice to me.”

You shrug and lean back into the wooden chair. “Maybe.” You give him a genuine smile. “But we’ve been in the same situation, though just different usage value. I know my stepmother very well.”

He smiles back, almost feeling relieved. “Thank you, Miss Kim.”

You shake your head, saying, “Just call me Hyemi.”

“Oh,” he nods. He then leans forward and clears his throat, looking at you worryingly. “I think I should inform you about this,” he begins, clasping his hands together. “Keep an eye out, be very careful of her,” he says, referring to your stepmother. “I don’t know what she is planning to do to you but I’ve been with her for years, I know she will be planning something.”

“What?” you say confusedly. “I don’t get it. You said you told the police, right? Is she not with you in the prison?”

“She’s a powerful authority,” he informs. “I was locked up immediately in this place after I confessed everything yesterday but she has more supports. Lawyers.” He maintains a stern look on his face. “You need to be careful.”

 

 

 

“No,” Tiffany says with a little exaggeration on her ‘no’, shaking her head. “You actually went to see him!”

You eye her weirdly. “Why not?”

“After what he has done to you?” she asks in disbelief. “He could have done the same again!”

You narrow your eyebrows, thinking what is wrong with this young lady. “We were in a police station.”

She throws her hands up, saying, “It’s the same! He might have thrown a chair at your face or maybe went crazy and smashed a mirror into broken pieces then stab you in your chest!”

“She’s got a point,” Luhan states, chuckling and Tiffany nods vigorously. He can’t be kidding, right? “I’m joking,” he says and Tiffany shoots him a glare which he didn’t pay attention to. “So what did he say?”

“He actually went to the police station and confessed everything,” you begin. “Like almost everything.”

“Almost?” Tiffany asks.

You nod. “Almost,” you repeat with a sigh. “The cause of my mother’s death is still unknown.”

“Hey, don’t worry,” Luhan comforts you, scooting closer and gently patting your back. “The truth is bound to reveal somehow, right?” He looks to Tiffany and back to you. “We’ll be here. We’ll help you.”

Tiffany nods with an assuring smile to you just when the door swings open. The three of you look at Sehun who is standing at the door, blinking. You notice that he slowly looks away from Tiffany, not wanting to have any eye contact with her. Sure, he is already opened up and is able to talk to you now, but not Tiffany. Not any other girls. And Tiffany’s constant staring at him isn’t helping at all.

“Uhm, I was thinking of getting some ice-cream,” he mutters shyly, eyes still on the ground. “Do any of you want some?”

Tiffany jumps up immediately, saying, “I want some!” Luhan turns to look at you confusedly and you snicker. Tiffany shifts her gaze from Sehun to the both of you, asking, “Don’t you guys want ice cream?”

Luhan opens his mouth to answer when you quickly press you hand over his mouth. “It’s okay! We’re good!” you beam. “Go, go!” you let go of Luhan’s mouth and stand up, pushing Tiffany towards the door while Sehun cautiously back up, trying not to have any physical contact with her. “The ice cream is melting, go!”

“B-but the ice cream—“ you shut the door before Sehun can finish his sentence. You can almost imagine Tiffany pulling Sehun away from the room and out of the house. You lean your back against the door and grin to yourself while Luhan st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter