Street Dancer, Chapter 1...

Eunhae, Street Dancer

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The sun was setting. The warm rays were yielding their presence to the gentle moon. No clouds to spoil the subtle sky. No wind to disturb the still air. Two boys in a park, dancing, gliding to they're heart's beat.

 

One fell, pushed by a bigger and stronger kid. Sand infiltrated his big eyes, forcing him to cry. The second pushed down the bully. Helping his friend up, he whispered “Dry your tears, I hate seeing you cry!”. The boy nodded, obeying his best friend. They hugged. Holding him tightly, the protecter said: “I'll always watch over you...”

 

------------------------------------------

 

Lights. Vivid lights came out of no where. The crowed's roars could be heard miles away. Everyone was cheering. But for what?! Easy, for the crews who were about to enter stage. It was going to be the mach of a life time.

 

- Tonight is going to be a great night! Two of the best crews of the district will face each other for the title of StreetChampions!, shouted out a tiny voice, it came from the middle of the ring. It was the voice of a teenager trying to appear as an adult,... I am DJHenry, The amazing Lau, I will be you're host and musical provider for the night!, the kid continued, pushing his voice, giving it as much attitude as he could,... In the right corner, the group you've all been waiting for, the amazingly skilled SilverJewels...

 

Henry stopped for a moment, waiting out the wave of screams that swept the dance floor.

 

- And, to my right, the crew who's been beating the best and most experienced dancers in its neighbourhood, ladies and gents, please welcome the AngelRoses...

 

The young man left the scene, not waiting for the clamours to recede this time. He had other pressing matters to attend to.

 

As promised, the SilverJewels appeared from the right of the stage. Their opponents were definitely younger, they didn't look like much, but to have gotten there they must have been skilled...

 

- Leaders, center stage, the high voice of DJHenry resonated once more.

 

The two men met in the middle of the arena for the first time of their life.

 

- Eunhyuk. It's customary to give our name to the adversary and shake hands before the mach.

 

- Donghae. May the best group win tonight, said the leader of the AngelRoses.

 

There was no hostilely in his voice, no malice in his handshake. He was a gentleman, a true artist, the kind Eunhyuk hadn't cross paths with a lot.

 

The two man parted, returning to their crews. The music started... It was beginning. Loud exclamations filled the area once again. The encouragements of the fans were met with smiles. While some waved with their hand, others waved with their hips, while others still performed their signature moves.

 

Fans were hysterical. A few of them almost died of a hart attack because of Hyuk's hip s. Removing his shirt was a bad idea, more girls passed out. And the dancing hadn't even started.

 

A gong. The clinking sound ordered silence. The host spoke.

 

- Round one is now... May the best crew win!!!!

 

A second ring and the crews started.

 

A lift. A swipe. Graceful and long hand moves. A ... The SilverJewels started with some heavy artillery. The AngelRoses replied with turns, a wave or two and a final before Hyuk decided to take advantage of the bridge to do a solo routine. The other side replied instantly.

 

A violin raging, the two leaders face to face, ready to fight. A precise move of the hand by Donghae, almost grazing Hyuk's face. The young man avoided easily, trowing a fake kick as he moved back in a turn. His leg was so close to Donghae's torso, yet he didn't hurt him in the least. It was as though the dance was choreographed, yet the dancers met tonight for the first time, didn't they?!

 

Both sides were amazed at the sight of the lead dancers. They seemed to trust each other, but why?! They were enemies and they didn't know one another. Or did they?!

 

The chorus hit, the leaders went back to their respective crews and the mach continued. The song ended on a long and hight scream. Every one bowed with a certain “bang” to it, ing their bodies downward as hard as they could.

 

If the crowed was speechless so far, they weren't anymore. A frenzy took over everyone. Screams could be heard miles away, cries of joy and whistles resonated over a large area as well.

 

After a few endless moments, it was time for the results. The jury'd come up with a decision.

 

- Alright, alright, hold up, quiet down, please!, Henry cried out, frustrated that the crowed was totally ignoring him, For the first time in the history of this club... We have... A tie!!! The judges have decided to give you three weeks to come up with a new routine. When the time comes, you'll meet here for a rematch that will hopefully determine a victor.

 

The audience seemed as stupefied as the dancers themselves. Three weeks. It was going to be a quite the challenge. A dance, sophisticated enough to beat the Angels would require more time, but they didn't have it. The decision was final and contesting it would be a sign of weakness.

 

Hyuk didn't want to alarm his comrades, but his worried face said it all.

 

- They're gonna win, said Kangin. What?! Everyone's thinking it, I'm the only one who's brave enough to say it out loud. Cowards!

 

- They're not gonna beat us! We'll fight and win!, replied firmly and with great confidence Eunhyuk. We'll have to work hard!!! Rehearsal all day, everyday! We are winning this thing!!

 

The members shouted out their approval. Joining hands in a circle, then releasing them at the same time as a powerful “SilverJewels rule!!”, corny, but it lifted the team spirit every time. Hyuk smiled. His guys were the best. They were friends, granted, but they had something more than that going on, they were a family. If anyone could win it was them.

 

The leader of the Jewel titans, it was one of their many nicknames, looked over to the newbies. There was something about that guy... He was skilled and his moves were sweet, almost kind, which was strange considering the circumstances of their meeting. The young man shrugged. Nothing unusual seemed to capture his attention.

 

Donghae observed attentively the whole time. This Hyuk character was good. Better perhaps than him. Their was something in his movements earlier, something Donghae couldn't explain...

 

- Could, he be... no it's impossible, he couldn't...

 

At that precise moment it hit him. Donghae just realized that the person he had to fight was the only one he'd ever trusted, the only one that mattered...

 

- No..., he whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek. Hyukkie... why?...

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The sun was setting. The warm rays were yielding their presence to the gentle moon. No clouds to spoil the subtle sky. No wind to disturb the still air. Two boys in a park, dancing, gliding to they're heart's beat.

 

One fell, pushed by a bigger and stronger kid. Sand infiltrated his big eyes, forcing him to cry. This time, their was no one to save him, no one to dry his tears. “Where did you go... You promised you'd take care of me... I need you... Hyukkie...”, the helpless boy could only wonder...