How Many Hours Is This Going To Take?

Detective Park~

 

Your eyes fluttered in pain as they were trying to get accustomed to the light. You lift your head slightly and decide to put it back down due to the throbbing pain in your right temple.

 

“Ahh”

 

You raise your hand to the throbbing temple.

 

“Where the hell am I??” You whisper to yourself.

 

Your eyes open wide in astonishment when you realize that men dressed in suits are staring at you. You place your feet on the floor and stand upright. A jacket falls from your lap and onto the marble floor. As you bend down to pick up the jacket from the floor your eyes come across”

 

“Park Jaebeom”

 

Detective Park makes his way around the corner. You drop the jacket back on the floor when you se him get closer. Your eyes widen in surprise.

 

“What is this?” He asks.

 

“Well, excuse me for letting you borrow my jacket when you were shivering cold….” He growls.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry it’s just it wasn’t mine and y---“

 

“It didn’t mean you had to throw it on the ground….?” He says with a confused scowl.

 

“Look, I said I was sorry!” You begin.

 

Detective Park grabs his jacket along with your wrist and walks straight into a cubicle. He places you in a seat in front of a desk with a computer and ruffled papers. Before you tell him off your eyes lock on his body. His shirt was ed but only a little. His shirt was slightly see-through so you saw what was underneath. Underneath his shirt was a tattoo of a lion, but on his arm was a complete tattoo sleeve.

 

“That’s a lot of Tattoos,” you think to yourself.

 

“You’re always dazing off into space.” Detective Park says with a wide smirk.

 

“Since when is staring at someone, dazing off into space?” You say sheepishly.

 

You put your hand over your mouth.

 

“Oh God, no why did I just say that?”

 

It was one of those moments where you bleep things out without actually thinking.

 

“So, you were staring at me?” He laughs.

 

“Hell, if I were you I would stare at me too… I mean.”

 

“Why do you have so many tattoos…?” You respond quickly.

 

“My prerogative.”

 

“Yeah, but… you don’t nee-“

 

“Shut up,” He cuts in.

 

“You’re just making it more awkward,” he laughs to himself.

 

“Why are we always off topic?” He asks.

 

“I, How would I know?” You mutter to yourself.

 

“So, I’m going to need you to sign these….” His voice trails off.

 

You bite your lip as your eyes widen.

 

“Chill, Chill its so we can interrogate you… you know the usual….”

 

Before you pick up a pen to sign the papers. You look at him with curiosity.

 

“Uhm, so am I going to be on Camera or something?”

 

“Yes, I will be videotaping you… you just need to answer my questions.”

 

“Oh, I see… so uh… where’s the bathroom?” You ask desperately.

 

“Hahahahahaha,” he chuckles.

 

You give him a cutting look.

 

“Are you concerned about your looks or something?”

 

“Aren’t all females?” You fake smile while showing teeth.

 

“Are you kidding me? You’re stunning, you look great,” he winks and his cheeks start turning a pinkish-red.

 

“I though you were gay!?” You yell.

 

“And gay men can’t call women pretty? Since when…?”

 

-

 

You keep quiet to yourself as you walk down the hall behind Detective Park. You start thinking about what Detective Park said a few moments ago. You place both hands on your cheeks. You drop your hands in reaction to the heat radiating from your cheeks. The whole “You’re stunning” thing really did make you blush.

 

“Have a seat.”

 

As you sit down in the open chair a bright light shines on your face. You use your hands to block the bright beam.

 

“Wow, How cliché.” You smirk.

 

Detective Park grabs the chair in front of him and continues to sit down.

 

“What is your relationship with Kelly Monte? He begins.

 

“Roommates, and I guess we’re friends.”

 

“When was the last time you saw her?”

 

“Last night, at the dorm..”

 

“Be specific.”

 

“It was like 1:30AM when we came back to the dorm”

 

“What were your activities before hand?”

 

“We were drinking..”

 

“Are you in any way responsible for Kelly Monte’s disappearance?”

 

“In no way am I linked to her disappearance..,” you say shaking your head.

 

Detective Park pushes a button on the video camera, which ends up turning it off.

 

“Thank you for your cooperation,” he smiles while bringing himself to stand up.

 

“That’s it…? For some reason I thought it would be more dramatic.”

“Nope, That’ll be all.”

 

-

 

You sip your coffee slowly and maintain your silence sitting down at the police station. You reach into your purse and grab your cell phone. You check the time and it reads 11:36PM.

 

“Jeez you… I’ve wasted my whole day here.” You say to yourself quietly.

 

When you look down to place your phone back in your purse, your eyes meet Director Parks’ shoes. You slowly look up until you reach his face.

 

“What are you doing? Why are you still here?” He asks squinting his eyes.

 

“Yeah, so it’s kind of night time and I didn’t get here by car… and my dorm is like… yeah just no it’s too late.”

 

“Why didn’t you just ask security to take you home?”

 

“They looked busy!” You say nearly screaming.

 

“So then, what?” Detective Park asks running his hands down his body.

 

“Well, I was kind of hoping you would take me there..” you giggle.

 

“Yeah, sure whatever…..”

 

“Oh, it’s okay I didn’t expect you to take me home any--- eh, what…. Oh My God! Really? Thank you!”

 

“Mhmmm,” he chimes in catching the keys he had just thrown into the air.

 

-

 

Crime Scene. No entrance allowed.

(Is what the door to your dorm read.)

 

“Damn, this was not expected…” Detective Park says hitting the door.

 

“This is great, so I’m homeless…”

 

“No, no you’re not. Get on that little phone of yours and see if you can sleep at one of your friends dorms…”

 

“I don’t do that….” Your voice trails off.

“What the hell are you muttering?” Detective Park asks in a pissed off tone.

 

“Well, I mean I, I mean…. I” you rub your eyes from exhaustion.

 

“Look I don’t understand mutter….” He says coming closet to your face.

 

You back off a little.

 

“I don’t really have any friends,”

 

“Oh, for…… Really? Really…….”

 

Detective Park grabs your wrist yet again and you two walk straight to his Hyundai Genesis. He opens the door for you but you decline.

 

“You don’t need to do this. Whatever you’re doing,” you whine.

 

“Just get in, I promise you’ll be alright… You’re too pretty to be wandering around at nighttime with no place to stay.”

 

-

 

You buckle yourself in the seat and look out the passenger window at the busy city streets.

 

“This is so unprofessional and so unlike me… What are you doing to me?” Detective Park asks while chuckling.

 

You barely hear Detective Parks words as your eyelids are almost completely closed. Within seconds you’re fallen into a deep sleep and the last thing on your mind are Detective Parks’ words:

 

“You’re stunning, you’re too pretty, and you look great.”

 

Even though you’re asleep you manage to smile.

 

-

 

You roll on your left and open your eyes to the sight of a black couch. You roll back and notice Detective Park, with a bottle of who knows what on his lips. You just knew it was liquor.

 

“Suh-leeping beauty is finally up I see,” he yells and giggles uncontrollably.

 

As you look on the table ahead of you, you spot your purse. You grab it and place it on your lap making yourself criss cross applesauce. You notice that you didn’t have your shoes on anymore. You wondered where they were. Until you saw them placed near the doorway of his apartment. You pick up your phone out of your purse and check the time. It reads 2:43AM. Your eyes widen, and your stomach starts to growl.

 

“Uhm, do you possibly have any meals to eat?” you ask politely.

 

“Do you like Ramyun and Kimchi? Do you even know what that is?” He laughs.

 

Your eyes light up and you jump out of the sofa.

 

“Of course, I know what that is! Oh My God, hook me up bro!”

 

-

 

You rub your stomach at the thought of realizing that you had too much to eat. You notice Detective Park passed out on the couch, so you place the blanket that was on you earlier on Detective Park. You walk around the house and manage to find a bathroom.

 

“Yes!” You cry out.

 

“Shower time Biatch!”

 

You lock the door and peel off your clothes. You turn on the faucet and you rinse your mouth with nothing but water. You look around the bathroom and notice a twin set of Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner.

 

“Wooh!” you yell out.

 

You wet your hair over the sink and begin to shampoo ad condition your hair. You decided it would’ve been rude if you clogged his shower with hair, so the sink was the better choice.

 

“Cleanse, and cleanse and let’s get clean!” you sing to yourself.

 

“hahahahah, cleanse and cleanse, hoohoo.”

 

You stop yourself from singing when you see the knob turn around 360 degrees and there was Detective Park staring at your body.

 

“, you ert!” you pick up your clothes trying to cover up your body.

 

“Oh , Damn,” Detective Park says in a pleasing manner while biting his bottom lip.

 

“You really are a ert!”

 

You turn to walk out of the bathroom but trip on the rug. Luckily you don’t fall because Detective Park catches you. But your clothes drop into the sink filled with shampoo and conditioner. You guys maintain that position for a while minute before you push him off you and run into the shower to cover yourself with the shower curtain. Detective Park runs out of the room. You bury your face in your palms. Detective Park returns to the bathroom. He opens the shower curtain.

 

“No, backoff! What are you do---“

 

Before you can finish Detective Park had closed the door to the bathroom. You look down and notice a shirt and boxers on the side of the tub area of the shower. The shirt was like a shirt he would use for work. You put it on quickly.

 

-

 

You knock on Detective Parks’ bedroom door.

 

“What is it?” he says popping his head.

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Uhm, yeah come on in..” he says eyeing your every stride as you go into his room.

 

You inspect the room. Detective Park stares at you with an open mouth as he makes his way tot his bed. You notice a portrait of Detective Park and an older Asian Lady and pick it up.

 

“This must be your mother…” You say smiling, while putting the portrait back down.

 

“You’re beautiful,” he whispers.

 

“You know you say those kind of things to me a lot for a gay guy,” you smirk.

 

“Oh! And all is forgiven for earlier. I mean sorry for flipping out…. Like… I guess I forgot you were Gay,” You laugh while covering your smile with the sleeve of his shirt.

 

You begin to walk out of the bedroom when Detective Park grabs you by the wrist turning you around. You were now facing him frontally. He placed his both hands on your lower back leaving no space in front of each other and placed his lips on top of yours. You close your eyes.