Chapter Two

I'll always have you
If you could tell, that first chapter was more of a prologue ^^;;

Now, on to the real stuff :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh. Did you see him? He's like, drop dead gorgeous. Like, for a guy." I heard the normal girlie gossip that surrounded me and rolled my eyes. Who was it today?

Was it Minho? The one sunbae-nim who gets along with his noonas and dongsaengs?

Or maybe it was Myungsoo oppa. He was known for his flower boy image right?

I shook my head. What was I talking about? It's not like any of that crap should matter to me anyways. I flipped open to my notes and shoved my ear buds in, drowning out whatever they said about another pretty boy at our infamous school, K Academy.

"Whatcha doing~?"

I slammed my note book quickly and looked up to see it was just Jieun aka my-best-friend-since-Kindergarten. She was perched on the edge of her desk, and next to her, her boyfriend, my second closest friend, Yongguk. He bursted out in low voiced laughter.

"What's wrong? You seem unusually anxious today." he commented with a teasing tone. I sighed and diverted my eyes somewhere else.

"Nothing's wrong." I lied.

'Besides the fact my brother died yesterday.' Just thinking about it made me wanna cry. At the same time, I felt somewhat guilty. Most people cried their hearts out at school. Is there such thing as being "too strong"? And why did my parents make me come to school? Did they not care about him? My friends stared at me with doubtful looks. Before the could question me anymore,the bell chimed loudly.

"Okay class! Sit down." Mrs. Kim ordered. I pulled out my earphones and looked up. She had an expression that looked grim.

'Great, more bad news?' I groaned inwardly.

"We have a new student." she cleared , "Please come in."

The door slid open to reveal...

"What the heck?" I bursted out. Everyone turned to look at me. The girls gave me harsh looking stares and the boys just snickered. I widened my eyes, turned to the teacher and apologized.

"Oh...jwesonghabnida!" I bowed in apology. She had ignored my outburst and continued to introduce the boy.

"This is Lee Changsun. He moved from Gwangju."

The guy smirked and bowed ever-so-slightly.

"Annyeonghasehyo! I'm Lee Changsun, but I go by Joon." he grinned and slightly winked.

I almost gagged. Why?

Because this greasy guy, who stood in front of my class, used to be my best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't understand why you're acting so pissy today!" Jieun exclaimed when I stormed out of the room instead of greeting the new student like I should've. I shot her a glare, one that I never gave.

"Do you know who that," I pointed back at the classroom "Jerk of a guy, is?" I hissed.

Jieun gave me a confused look. Suddenly, her eyes lit up.

Light bulb.

"HE'S the Joon you were talking about?!"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Had I ever told her about Joon? As if she read my mind, she reminded me.

"Remember? When I first met you in 8th grade, I asked why you didn't want to hang out with me and you were like, "You're not Joon." "

I bit my lip. Did I?

"Anyways, what did he do to make you so mad? I mean, was your best friend right?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Whatever." I turned then shrieked when I saw Joon right in front of me. I cursed under my breath.

"Hey." he said simply. I kept my face straight, trying not to frown at him even though I had the urge to punch him in the gut. Suddenly I realized he had looked different than he did in class. He had a hint of a genuine smile, as if he was too scared to show it.

"Can I talk to you...alone?" he asked. I glanced at Jieun, praying she would help me out, when she shoved me into him and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I heard what happened." he said flatly when we were alone on the roof.

"Oh don't think you can just flounce back into my life and give me this pity talk." I snapped, my patience and will wearing thin. I still wanted to burst into tears but I dared not to. Not here, not now. Joon scoffed.

"Pity talk? That's what you think it is?" he let out a harsh laugh. "Hyosung, your brother was my friend! We were all friends, we grew up together!" he cried. I looked at his sad eyes, letting the tears I held back flow freely before whispering.

"You broke my heart."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special section!:

(I'm too lazy to put the details in so it flows well)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joon broke my heart. Ever since I met him, I fell head over heels. It might have been a "teenage puppy love" but for me, it was a lot. Our parents always joked about the two of us, teasing that we would grow up and fall in love. I always hoped they would be right.

Once we started middle school, he pretty much ignored me, flirted with other girls and only said a simple hello. I tried to do the same but he always appeared in my mind. Whenever our family met, however, he went back to a carefree elementary schooler.

But then he got a girlfriend. After that he had no interaction with me at all and didn't even bother coming when our families met. When we moved, he didn't even come to say goodbye. His parents said he had something and couldn't come. Of course, as the innocent 7th grader I was, I didn't think much of it, thinking he was really busy and all.

In the end, I figured out he had just been at a soccer game.

I realized he must not care. That all our memories were nothing. And that to him, I'm nothing. Even when he was my everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subscribe :D

And comment?(:

Thank you 8 subbers!<3