spiked

spiked
It's late (or early, depending on how you see it), and LuHan has been reading far too much shoujo manga, and he hasn't eaten all day, and he's desperate. (He may also be slightly inebriated.) The product of all the preceding factors was not a healthy one. That last one, especially; that last factor was probably the deciding one. He was desperate, desperate, so desperate.

He had watched as SeHun got himself faced drunk, and threw himself on the dance floor, grinding into any and every other drunk bastard, moving his hips in those skinny little jeans of his, tongue darting out repeatedly to those perfect little lips, and . LuHan groaned. Remembering was not helping. The fact that he had to carry said grinding little back home, skinny legs in the skinny jeans wrapped around his waist, body warm against his back, drunk breath ghosting into his ear as SeHun whispered what a good friend LuHan was, how he'd never survive without his wonderful roommate, and  .

He's been into SeHun for ages; he'd probably call it "love at first sight" if he were a sap. (He did, because he was.) The minute Jongin introduced him to the younger boy at some cheap concert in some underground venue, LuHan was sure he was in love. Jongin had abandoned them to find some "party favors," and the two had hit it off insulting every little thing about the music ("God, I could play the drums better with my ." "Oh, look, it's another pretentious, self-absorbed song about ing the government because the writers are so obviously non-prototypical nonconformists." "Does this song even have lyrics, or do they just repeat the same syllable a hundred times over?"), the venue ("Is that piss on the wall by the bar?"), and their favorite topic of the night: Jongin ("The douchebag, he is so full of it." "When we met, he asked me if I wanted to his . I ended up kneeing him in the groin.")

The two had left the concert early (read: around 1AM), and spent the rest of the late night/early morning hanging out in the coffee shop on the corner of street by SeHun's place. They had spent at least nine hours there, talking non-stop about anything and everything, and LuHan swore that he had never felt so close to anyone as he felt with that tall kid, with the sleepy eyes, slightly pouty lips, and oh dear god that tongue.

When they went their separate ways later that morning, SeHun had smiled, his voice tired and slightly husky, his lisp coming out oh-so slightly, and said, "Thanks, y'know, for tonight." LuHan nodded, staring into the same spot ages after the younger had left, thinking, He has a lisp and it's adorable, and that smile was the greatest thing I have ever seen. 

LuHan is desperate, slightly drunk, high on shoujo manga, and has been in love for far too long.

He blames these factors later on when he realizes (too late) what he's done.

It's late, he's on his laptop, reading more shoujo manga than any being should be able to, Facebook open on a separate window, and he Alt+Tabs his way into that other window, and finds that already pictures from tonight's party are turning up. LuHan scrolls through them, bottle of beer in his hand, taking large gulps every couple of scrolls, and , it's all SeHun, in those stupid skinny jeans, his hips in a different position in every picture, and if LuHan goes through them really fast, it's almost as if SeHun's grinding against LuHan's screen and . LuHan takes a particularly long gulp from his bottle. SeHun looks ing gorgeous, and it's not fair, people are not supposed to look that good when they're faced drunk, but SeHun does, and LuHan sees his tongue darting out in every other picture to lap at his pink lips, one where he even pulls out his lip balm, and LuHan scoffs.

"I swear," LuHan whisper-slurs at his monitor, "that boy is probably going to die from lip balm poisoning, and--"

LuHan stops. He thinks. He hits Ctrl+H, scrolls down, down, down, and there.

He opens up one of the mahou shoujo mangas he was reading earlier, and the page reads, in big bold letters across the top panel, "Love Potion Ingredients: One Taste and He's Yours!" 

*

SeHun wakes up several times throughout the night due to loud clanging and clashing sounds coming from the general direction of the kitchen.

He goes back to sleep. He's too drunk to deal with this.

*

SeHun is hungover, is puking over the toilet bowl, and LuHan is rubbing his back, brushing his bangs out of his face, directing the flow of the puke into the toilet bowl, and away from everywhere else. 

LuHan decides that this is his "sorry-in-advance" and possibly his fallback if ever SeHun were to figure out his plan and throw a fit. "I cleaned up after you puked your guts out into, onto, and all around our toilet and bathroom, you can't be mad at me" was a pretty good defense, LuHan thought.

After they both wash SeHun's guts out of their hair, and arms, and bodies, they sit at the table, nursing hot cups of black coffee.

SeHun quietly blows at his and whispers, "You are the best roommate ever, and I love you."

LuHan wants to tell him, "You don't love me. At least, not yet."

*

It takes 3 days for LuHan to finally find his balls; that is, find the courage to do what has to be done. 

SeHun is particularly clingy that day, holding on to LuHan's hand, and when that was out of reach, the crook of his elbow. (Yet, even when it was placed there, his fingers somehow managed to snake their way down into the spaces between LuHan's fingers.) 

They were at their favorite diner, having their weekly dinner with the group, and Jongin was on something, and was asking everyone who they'd date in their group, while declaring that he'd totally date LuHan (LuHan threw a spoon in Jongin's general direction at this), and SeHun, indignantly scoffed and claimed, very confidently:

"LuHan is mine. Go yourself, Jongin."

LuHan blushed.

"You know, I would if I could," Jongin admits. "Do you think I should clone myself then me, or do I take stuff to extend the length of my--"

This time LuHan threw a fork.

They're heading out to a party in a few, and LuHan isn't sure if he can take another night of watching SeHun move his hips in dangerously tight pants. He refuses to spend another night reading shoujo manga, when he already has what he needs, prepared it three nights ago.

He hid it in a small vial at the back of the medicine cabinet, and he's holding it, twisting it around in his hands, contemplating the pros and cons, when SeHun decides to pop in.

"Do you think I look okay?" 

LuHan hides the vial, turns, looks SeHun over, chokes, tries to breath, chokes again, and tries to sound normal as he says, "Yeah, you look fine." 

"You think the hair's too much?" SeHun asks, and he genuinely looks concerned, genuinely wonders if looking like a god could be a bad thing.

"It's fine," LuHan manages to croak out. He eyes SeHun's legs clad in leather skinnies, studded belt around his waistline, a black and silver studded jacket covering up the wifebeater under. To top it off, his hair was done up. 

LuHan decides the pros outweigh the cons (because having a god fall for you was worth at least a thousand points), and tries to figure out how he's going to dip SeHun's lip balm into the concoction.

*

LuHan leaves his bathroom, vial in hand, and SeHun is on his bed, scrolling through his laptop.

"Your desktop's a mess," SeHun comments nonchalantly, something bright in his eyes. LuHan rolls his eyes.

"Hey," LuHan tries. "Are your lips dry?"

SeHun stops, looks up, his lips (), and s around.

"Where'd I put my--"

"Lip balm?"

"Yeah."

"You're forgetful for a kid," LuHan jokes. "I'll go get it for you."

"You're the best!" SeHun chirps, returning to LuHan's laptop.

"Don't you forget it," LuHan replies, smirk alight on his face.

*

By the end of the night, SeHun's hands are on his hips, and LuHan's arms clawing at SeHun's back, and SeHun's biting down into the crook of his neck, whispering, "I love you" into his skin, and LuHan's thinking, yesyesyes

*

What could possibly go wrong?

*

LuHan wakes up in his roommate's bed, his roommate's lazy smile, his roommate's husky voice whispering, "Good morning." 

LuHan only remembers dipping the tip of SeHun's lip balm into the liquid in the vial, watching, waiting for SeHun to his lips, which, unsurprisingly, did not take all that long. It didn't take all that long for SeHun to pull him over and press his lips against LuHan's, either.

LuHan pushes himself deeper into SeHun's chest, blocks everything else out except for the warmth of SeHun's body. He feels SeHun's laugh more than he hears it.

"You're like a cat," SeHun says affectionately, running his hand through LuHan's hair.

"And you're like a puppy," LuHan says into the younger boy's chest. 

"Funny how we fell in love, then," SeHun says, a smile on his face. "Kinda like Romeo & Juliet. I could be SeHun of the Dogtagues, and you could be LuHan of the Catulets." 

"You should be ashamed of that."

"Can you blame me, though? You're in my arms, I've told you I love you and you haven't punched me in the face or moved out, so excuse me if the world seems a little bright at the moment."

At this, LuHan peeks up from his place at SeHun's chest, leans up, and presses his lips against SeHun's experimentally. SeHun's lips are firm against his, pushing back against LuHan's, and that tongue of his darts out, against LuHan's lips, and LuHan moans, allows himself to be pushed down, and, with the sunlight peeking in through the curtains, and the feeling of warmth everywhere, he thinks, I could get used to this.


*

No one seems all the surprised when SeHun walks in with his arm wrapped around LuHan's waist. No one bats an eyelash when SeHun leans over and kisses LuHan square on the lips. They do, however, tell them to get a room when LuHan somehow ends up on his lap.

*

LuHan likes his life. 

*

It's been two weeks, and SeHun & LuHan are more attached at the hip (among other places) than usual.

Jongin decides this is unacceptable, and takes SeHun out for some "man time." LuHan had sputtered indignantly at this, demanding to come along, because he was a man, too,  you very much. Jongin refused. The had already planned it out; he was kidnapping SeHun and leaving LuHan in someone else's hands. 

LuHan was only slightly curious about who this person was, and thus only put up a fight for two and a half hours before finally agreeing. 

He finds out that the person is Tao, an old friend of his from back home, and he's not sure if he should be thrilled or worried. 

This was before he discovered Tao's stash of shoujo manga.

Afterwards, LuHan is pretty sure he's thrilled at being able to hang out with an old friend. 

"Hey, Tao," LuHan begins, curiosity in his voice. Tao does not look up from his manga, but LuHan continues anyway. "What do you think of love potions and their effects? Like, you know, in all those mangas."

It has been bugging LuHan for about a week now, starting from when the initial high had worn off. He was wondering about the usual "what-if" questions. What if he had gotten the mixture wrong and poisoned SeHun? What if he accidentally cooked up something else? What if he turned SeHun into a frog? The worst one, though, the one that plague his mind the most was this: What if he hadn't dipped SeHun's lip balm into the concoction? Would SeHun everhave fallen in love with him?

He's asking Tao now, what his opinion is, in the hopes that his fellow shoujo manga enthusiast will take his side (albeit unknowingly) and say, that yes, it's fine, a love potion is totally acceptable if it ultimately leads to happiness.

He did not expect the younger boy's (large) eyes to flash angrily, and to declare, with self-righteous condemnation, that, "Love potions are evil. They take away the right of the person to actually fall in love. They're forced into it, whether they like it or not, and the worst part is that they don't even know whether they like it or not, because their forced to think that yes, they do like it, and that they do love this selfish little , who is inconsiderate enough and insecure enough to have to use such stupid means to get someone to fall in love with them. That can't ever be real love." (Tao paused here, eyes glistening with passion.) "Don't you agree?"

LuHan nodded, choked out something that sounded similar to "yeah," and tried to ignore the the crushing feeling in his chest.

(He also tried to ignore the fact that, yes, he had just been called a selfish little by Tao.)

*

Later that night, when SeHun gets back, and they're done with the normal lover banter ("I missed you." "Missed you, too, babe." "I'll castrate Jongin the next time he tries to pull this."), LuHan cooks the most horrible dish he can think of, completely devoid of anything SeHun could possibly enjoy, filled with whatever oddities he could find in their kitchen.

He smiles happily at SeHun as he pushes the "meal" up to him.

"Here," LuHan chirps happily. "You must be really hungry!"

"Not really, but it's your cooking, so I'll eat anyway," SeHun says with a warm smile on his face. LuHan's face falls. Normally, SeHun would whine at him about how he's not hungry, he'll eat tomorrow, he wants something else, not LuHan's cooking, and oh god what have I done.

SeHun digs into LuHan's concoction. He twitches, tries not to gag (it's pretty obvious on his face), and plasters on a fake smile. 

"It's great," he says, and proceeds to finish the entire bowl.

LuHan wonders what happened to the picky brat that would tell him to never cook again while simultaneously tossing the enitre meal (bowl included) down into the trash.

He tries to tell himself that Tao was wrong, that this can be real love. 

He tries to tell himself that Tao was wrong, that he's not a selfish little .



Over the next couple of weeks, LuHan does everything in his power to piss SeHun off, in the hopes that he would react as he would've before LuHan poisoned spiked his lip balm. 

He throws huge fits over every little thing.

He bosses SeHun around like SeHun is his own personal .

He drinks all of SeHun's bubble tea before SeHun can even get a sip.

He refuses to pay for SeHun's meals.

Yet, SeHun only sighs, holds him close, kisses the crown of his head, and says, "S'okay. I still love you."

There's that ache in LuHan's chest again, and a voice in his head, echoing, "selfish little ."

*

There is another party tonight, and SeHun looks better than ever, with his hair slicked up, his clothes tight, his collarbones protruding, and LuHan is worried about how SeHun will handle the men and women that throw themselves at him tonight. 

He soon realizes that his worries are pointless: SeHun sees only him, dances with only him, talks to only him (and maybe Jongin when he worms his way in). Again, there is that ache in LuHan's chest, something painful clawing its way through his innards. (He entertains the idea that this monster could be called "guilt," but tries to brush it off.) 

LuHan decides to do the only thing he can do.

He gets faced drunk. (It doesn't take long.)

SeHun practically has to carry him across the dance floor, has to dump him on whatever surface he can find. Then the gang is making their way over, and they're leaning over him worriedly, talking about how LuHan never got himself this drunk, , he never got drunk at all (always opting to care for SeHun as the younger got himself drunk instead).

"Look," LuHan giggles, points at one of the boys. "I found a panda!"

Tao looks flattered. SeHun groans.

"Can you guys help me get him out of here?" SeHun asks almost embarrassedly.

"Sure," Jongin says, thankfully sober, having done nothing but grind up any and every person in the room all night. "I'll grab his head, you take his legs."

Jongin makes his way towards LuHan's upperbody, and LuHan has a moment of clarity (or, some form of inberiated lucidity), and he has an epiphany (or, he thinks he does), and he's thanking the internet, and shoujo manga, and the people who translated them, and whoever built up their standard storyline when he finally does it.

He leans over and presses his lips right against Jongin's.

(Somewhere, a bright light flashes.)

*

It's too bright is the first thing that pops into LuHan's head.

 was the next thing that entered his mind, as a result of the pain from the first thought's pop.

Everything hurts, and oh, god--

Then he was up, blindedly, hurriedly, haphazardly making his way into the bathroom, and he tries to make it to the toilet, but his puke misses the target by a good twelve inches.

He changes his angle, trying to get the puke in the bowl and trying to position his head just right so that throbbing pain turns into a dull thump.

It takes him a while to realize that yes, he did get himself faced drunk, yes, he was hungover and trying to aim his puke properly into the toiletbowl, and yes, he was alone. He did a doubletake on that last one. Where's SeHun?

He liked to think that, in the event that he had ever gotten drunk and hungover, SeHun would be around to brush the bangs off LuHan's face and hold him so that the puke wouldn't get on the floor, and would clean it up if the puke ended up on the floor anyway. SeHun wasn't here, though, and LuHan wonders if he's hungover, too.

He cleans up, takes a shower, and moves to the kitchen, hoping to be greeted by a just-as-hungover SeHun.

(He isn't.)

LuHan is halfway through his cup of coffee, scrolling through Facebook pictures from last night on his laptop, trying to figure out what exactly happened, when he gets a notification of some random friend of a friend tagging him in a photo. LuHan clicks on the tiny box, and gasps when he sees the picture.

He's sprawled upon some coffee table, and Jongin's leaning over, and LuHan's leaning up, and his lips are pressed against Jongin's, and everyone looks shocked (especially Jongin), and SeHun's somewhere by his feet, and he looks ready to murder. His face was usually grumpy, yes, but this was a hundred notches up from his usual angry-dance-face. 

LuHan closes his eyes and settles his head into his palms.

What did I do?

*

It takes LuHan another hour to figure out his train of thought from last night, and he vows to never read another shoujo manga, while simultaneously cursing his life, and checking to see if the latest chapter of that new mahou shoujo manga was out. 

*

It takes LuHan thirty seconds to destroy his place whilst looking for SeHun.

*

It takes LuHan quite a while to find his phone to call his friends.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun tell him that they're too hungover to know where SeHun is, but that LuHan should be ashamed of himself for kissing Jongin of all people.

Kris in the middle of an argument with Tao and cannot come to the phone at the moment. (LuHan hears Tao scream,That better be the credit card company, ! across the line.)

LuHan doesn't bother calling Jongin, because awkward

Joonmyun is the only slightly helpful one, telling him that SeHun is just probably cooling off, trying to figure out what to say to him after what he did the night before. 

It doesn't stop LuHan from crying.

*

SeHun gets home at 6:49PM, and he's sweaty, looks like he hasn't slept all day. He's wearing his dance clothes. LuHan meets his eyes from his place on the floor across the door. 

"Hi," he whispers, voice ragged, eyes red and swollen.

"Hi," SeHun responds, voice just as tired, yet his eyes hold a certain determination.

Silence.

It becomes deafening.

"Why'd you kiss him?"

Silence.

"LuHan, why did you kiss Jongin?"

Silence.

"LuHan, I love you, b--"

"It was stupid," LuHan begins, catapulted by those three words, eyes focusing on the door behind SeHun's frame. "I wanted to piss you off. I wanted you to be mad at me."

"I'm not following."

"It was stupid," LuHan repeats, closing his eyes, settling his head in his hands. "I... You're not really in love with me."

"I'm still not following." SeHun's brows furrow in confusion. 

"I spiked your lip balm."

"I'm-- Wait, sorry, what?"

"I spiked your lip balm," LuHan says, voice cracking. "I've loved you for the longest ing time, and I was slightly drunk, incredibly desperate, and it seemed like a great idea, so," LuHan sighs. "I spiked your lip balm with this love potion. I just wanted you to finally feel the same about me, and then I realized I was screwing with things, I was turning you into someone different because I wasn't letting you choose, and I forced you into loving him, and god, I pratically  you, and then I kissed Jongin because I thought it'd snap you out of things and make you not love me like in shoujo mangas, but that stupid love potion must've been pretty ing powerful because--"

He doesn't even notice SeHun kneeling down until his lips are on his, and LuHan is pulling at his hair, trying push against him even harder, thinking it would be the last time, but then he feels the curve of SeHun's lips, and is he laughing?LuHan pushes him off lightly, and SeHun's smiling, trying not to, but smiling all the same.

"Why... Why are you smiling?"

SeHun laughs. He sits down on the floor next to LuHan, leans his back against the wall.

"I saw your laptop that day."

LuHan's mind draws a blank.

"What?"

"You made a list," SeHun says, trying to hold back his laughter. "It had loads of typos, so it was pretty obvious you were kinda drunk. You typed out the ingredients for this 'love potion,' and there was a to-do list. First item on the list was the love potion. Second was 'take care of Sehun,' and third was, 'piss on'--and I'm assuming you meant 'poison'--'his lip balm.'" The laughter bursts from SeHun at this. "It was hilarious, really."

"You don't--"

"You know what the last part said, though?" SeHun asks, his face serious. LuHan is captivated by the determination in his features, and shakes his head slowly when SeHun his eyebrow. "It said 'make SeHun love me.' The thing is, though, you didn't have to go through all the trouble. I'd been there all this time, hoping you were, too. I knew about your masterplan this entire time, and I figured that when you offered to get my lip balm that you were going to go through with it, and I went with it because it was exactly what I wanted. The reason I didn't get mad at you despite all those insanelyannoying things you did was because I didn't want you to decide that maybe you didn't actually love me because I was a prissy little ." SeHun frowns. "Then you kissed Jongin and I wasn't--"

This time, it's LuHan's turn to interrupt with his lips, pressing even more forcefully than before on SeHun's. LuHan clings onto SeHun as if he needs an anchor to keep him steady, and he's crawling over him, and pressing SeHun into the wall, into the floor, and SeHun's there, responding to every motion, his hands mapping LuHan's body.

"By the way," LuHan whispers into the curve of SeHun's neck, thinking screw shoujo mangas. "Your lips are dry."