Turning over a new leaf

Love is Blind
Heys people! Sorry for the really late update and stuff > <".

Your POV

“Aww… man, I’m 21 now and I’ve never had a boyfriend,” I whinge whilst lying on the bed eating a packet of left over chips from yesterday and reading my text book before next weeks lecture.

“Well... it doesn’t really help if you just lie there and eat all day, you’re quite cute just a bit on the chubby side,” your sister Bella says, holding two shirts to herself, deciding which of the two were prettier, “Maybe you should go on a diet or something.”

“Uh… you know me and how inconsistent I am with those things, I enjoy karate and even that didn’t turn out well,” I protested.

“Well it’s probably because Mum and Dad forced you! And all because of their paranoia, you’ve become a tomboy. But maybe this time your exercise routines wont be too bad because you actually want to be slimmer,” suggested Bella whose facial expression showed that she had decided on the coral hoister neck along with the white skirt. “Well Mum has an exercise program on DVD if you want it, but for now I suggest a regular walk for about half an hour should be effective.”

I guess she should know, she is the prettier one, with long, black hair to her back with gentle waves. Her thin bogee frames her small, white, delicate face giving emphasis to her high cheek bones and large hazel nut eyes. Her bright red lips were full, making any man want to press on them with their own. This face was complimented with a tall, thin body which could be admired by others with her good sense of taste in clothes. I have to admit, I did some what envy her. With her looks she was able to have any man she desired, without any effort. Though I was her elder sister I wasn’t able to be gifted with the same genes as she was and thus making me the ‘ugly’ sister, I felt some what like the Cinderella’s sister, except I wasn’t her step sisters nor was I spoilt. So I guess I missed out on all of the good stuff.

Unlike my sister I had black, shoulder-length hair that composed of both straight and frizzy strands. This was tied up with a band I bought at a discount store. In addition to this, black bobby pins were also used to assist the head band in keeping my hair out of my face. As strange as it may sound, I am easily irritated by minute things when I am trying to focus on my studies. This may not be surprising as studying is a priority when you are an exchange student, who is pouring bucket loads of money in to these universities. Thus it is unlike me to pack my face with make-up, either due to this or my schedule being packed with assignments, exams or just studying, I never seem to be able to look after myself, let alone look for someone to look after. But this will be it! The day that I will turn over a new leaf! I’m sick of seeing people make out where ever I look and hearing about friends telling me about their love life and how uplifting the feeling is when they have their first kiss. I would usually sit their feigning interest but today will be the last. I overheard Mum talking to my sister over the telephone a few months ago, asking her how I was going and as usual asking how my love life was. As always this was received with a sigh, signalling that it wasn’t going anywhere.

“I wish that girl would try. If she did I know that she would have at least someone by now,” I recalled Mum saying.
“I don’t think she’s into boys, or maybe she knows that she’ll never get anyone,” my sister teased.

Thinking about that moment still makes my blood boil. I knew then that I HAD to get a boyfriend and soon! How dare my sister mock me behind my back! Even if I am the less attractive one, I still was the elder sister, who chose her to come here with me!

Since then I have really tried to get a boyfriend. However, it hasn’t really been successful. I’m enrolled in a Science degree and because it is a wide degree I don’t usually have a set of people that are in the same classes as I am. The people that I do meet are quiet and lets be nice about this, a bit BORING! They seem like they were never taught speech before and what they do say comes out in a fountain of ‘um’s and ‘er’s. I might be what some may call a nerd, but these people have just taken the word to a whole new level. I guess, if the person doesn’t like you either, you can’t really be classified as picky, so I guess I’m just unlucky.

As lame as it may be there was always a person that made my heart skip a beat and it was him that I decided to study overseas. His name was G-dragon. Being a helpless fan, I first stumbled on a clip of him and his co-member Seung-ri in his mv. When I watched that clip I felt this rush of adrenaline, I didn’t know why. His clothes were strange and his Mohawk looked like someone slapped him before they began filming and he didn’t have enough time to fix it. It might be the luring eyes when he stared at the camera up and down but I knew at that instance that I liked him.

I always wondered whether I should just like someone, but my friend was against this, and said that when the time was right I would meet ‘Mr Right’ and when I do he would be all that I ever wanted and that his flaws would be what would be unforgettable about him. I guess I am quite the romantic and so I waited. But I’ve waited for several months now and my sister is right, it’s about time I be proactive about it.

I got up and left the room. When ever I am motivated to do something I know that I should always start straight away because if I don’t, I never will. It was 6 o’clock, if I leave now I would be back in time for dinner. I put on my shorts and shirt and left the house.

“Hey where are you going?” Bella yelled.

“I’m going to go for a run like you said, ill be back before dinner so don’t forget to leave me some,” I yelled back before leaving.