Jay the masseuse

pika04's "Seungri's Indie film" shorts

Hey you! Thank you for taking interest to read my short for piak04's story "Seungri's Indie Film". If you haven't read it, you should, it's a great story. Just click here if you want to read it.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"There she is" Jay has been 'admiring' a girl that he saw twenty minutes ago in the spa.

Jay was a masseuse and it was always his dream to be one since he was a kid. He always remember his sunny Sunday afternoons with his mom going to a spa for a massage. And every time the customer leave the spa, they always seemed to be very happy. It was not just being a masseuse that Jay wanted to achieve in life but to make someone's day by his service. So he applied to be a masseuse in their local spa.

He just told Jana, the receptionist, that he was just going for a little break but he was really going to follow the girl that caught his eyes.

He hid behind the bushes near the tables outside of the coffee shop and peaking and watching the girl. He believed he was not stalking her, he was just admiring God's creation.

Jay gathered his courage and charms as he walked nearer to the table where the beautiful lady sipping her hot coffee and eating cake.

"Gosh, she's so gorgeous" he told himself as he got nearer and nearer.

He sat at the table next to her. He guessed that he hasn't gathered his courage yet.

He thought of something that will make a good impression. He smelled himself to confirm that he didn't smell like sweat. And he smelled good. He coughed a few times to check if his throat was clear, and it was. He checked his breath and his clothes and nothing was wrong. "Now I'm ready."

He stood up from his chair and turned around when the girl waved and smiled. He absorbed her lovely smiling face before following the direction where she was waving at.

She was waving at an older woman that looked like her. He thought that it might be her mom. The older woman looked like in her 50's but she still looked amazing. Not that he was checking the girl's mother too but he can't help but to think that if the girl gets old, she will look like her mom someday.

"Oh c'mon Jay, you still don't know the girl and you are already thinking what she looks like when she gets old." He shook his head to remove the thoughts.

He continued to watch the two ladies conversing about their day and make jokes to each other. They looked really happy and all smiley.

He didn't realise that he was staring and still standing when a waiter asked him, "anything I could help you with sir?"

He was about to tell the waiter his orders so he could stay for a while but he remembered he forgot his wallet in his massage room. "Damn!" He cursed under his breath. Now he doesn't have an excuse to say.

As an awkward person he was, he ignored the waiter and ran like a crazy person.



 

---

The week after, he saw her again. His soul mate. It really must be destiny. If only he could know her name.

She saw her went to the receptionist. Jay watched as she waited patiently for the receptionist to finish with her paper work. She brushed her fringe that was softly hanging on her forehead. He saw that she was slightly tapping her foot and smiling. She took a leaflet beside the counter and placed a stray of her brown wavy hair.

He watched her as she turned to his direction and blinked her eyes few times in confusion. He saw her full beautiful face before realising that he was busted for staring at her. With embarrassment Jay grabbed the nearest item he saw to cover his face.

He picked up a piece of cloth and turned around and started to wipe the tables. Looking behind, he saw that the girl wasn't looking anymore. He heard her spoke to Jana.

"Hi, Jana, how are you?" She politely informed the tired looking receptionist.

"Hey Jessica, I'm fine. Thanks for the tip by the way. My kids are totally buying them," Jana happily replied. "And how are you?"

"I'm fine, I guess."

"Still stressed from work?"

"You got that right." Jessica rubbed the back of her neck. "Is someone free now?"

"Let me check" Jana tapped away on her keyboard. "There will be one. Why don't you sit for awhile while waiting?"

"So her name is Jessica" Jay stood up and walked back to his little massage room.

The smell of herbs and therapeutic oils welcome him and seemed to slow down his fast beating heart by excitement knowing that Jessica was just few feet away from him.

"Miss Jung?" An assistant called Jessica and she suddenly stood up.

"That's me!" She excitedly responded.

"Room 3 is now available" the assistant led her to her designated room.

"No wait! My room is available too! Why didn't Jana chose my room? Stupid Jana, always ruining things for me." Jay followed Jessica with his gaze from the little window of his door.

After few minutes Jessica came out of the room all refreshed from her weekly massage, she thanked the handsome masseuse named Taecyeon, and left.

After finding the spa few weeks ago, she comes there every weeks to relive her the stress from her new job as a primary school teacher. She thought that kids were adorable but she was wrong, not all kids were nice and cute, they were monsters. Good thing she found that spa, the only spa that was near her apartment.

"Thanks Jana! Can you put me down next week again? Same time."

"Sure, Jessica," the petite receptionist tapped a few keys and printed a small card with Jessica's appointment for Jessica to take.

"Thanks. I'll see you again next week!" Jessica took the card and headed home.

"Next time, she will be my customer" Jay promised himself while still peaking through the window.


 

The week passed quickly and it was Jessica's appointment with the masseuse again. Jay can't contain himself while praying that Jessica would be appointed to his service but unfortunately, for him, Jessica was always sent to room 3 and not to his.

He decided to fix things and go to Jana to complain about the situation but he suddenly stopped himself. when he remembered that Jana and him were always work enemies so if he told her that he wanted Jessica to be his client, Jana will just get in his way and send Jessica to any room but his. So he stepped back and thought about how he would make Jessica his client.

An assistant came to his room and woke up Jay from his deep thoughts. "Jay, Mrs Kang is here for her appointment. Get ready."

"Oh great" he said in total disgust. Mrs Kang is a big woman who comes to the spa only once in a blue moon. Not that he regretted to be a masseuse but having Mrs. Kang makes him gag just imagining what she smelled like and it just happened than Mrs. Kang decided to go the spa after her long walk on the park.

The big sweaty woman came to his room and he was hit on the face with the unpleasant smell. The smell was a weird concoction of her strong sticky smelling perfume and the putrid overpowering stench of her body odor and sweat. It was revolting.

He readied himself to massage the lady in front of him but when saw Mrs. Kang's sweaty back he was about to faint. When he touch her back he didn't noticed that there were pimples and he even accidentally popped one of them.

"Oh gosh"
 

----

The week after Jay was suffering from stomach ache. He thought he ate a rotten food then the images came back to him as the memories of the pizza he found behind his fridge. He really wasn't sure when he ordered pizza with spinach but he still ate it.

He immediately asked for a long break so he can get rid of the evil in his stomach.

But after finishing with his business, he remembered something important to him. It was already one o'clock. And Jessica's appointment was half an hour ago.

He ran to the reception to see if Jessica have arrived yet but he just saw her walking away from the door.

"No!" He half shouted, "now it's on" he told himself. He went back to his room and grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down his plans.

---

The next morning, Jay woke up really early and went to work. It was only seven in the morning and the store doesn't open until eight o'clock.

He unlocked the door from the back door since he doesn't have the front door keys for the spa. He sneaked up to the reception and went to the computer. He didn't realise that the computer was really hard to get pass through because he discovered that it required a password. "Damn." He tried the name of the spa and it didn't work. He tried Jana's name and still didn't work. He tried his name and it didn't work. When he was about to gave up, he put "I Hate Jay" and the computer and it started to load.

"Stupid Jana, she's so transparent." He sniggered to himself of how genius he was for guessing the password. After a celebratory dance he continued with his work.

He fiddled with Jana's computer and changed Taecyeon's appointment to 3-hours sessions and made his schedule free at the time Jessica is there for a massage.

Now he was all sorted for next week. "This should do it." He told himself mischievously.



 

It was the big day and he was waiting for her eagerly and he was confident that he would get her as her client this time.

He waited for her by his little window of his door. Then, the beautiful lady that he was waiting for came to the spa which made his heart beat faster. Jessica's hair swayed from side to side slowly as if in slow motion. She went to the counter and talk to Jana.

"This is it!" Jay prepared himself for their first meeting. He even bought a bouquet for her. When suddenly Jana spoke "Room 3's not available but you can go to room 5," Jay's jaw dropped in surprise as he watched Jessica got pass his door.

"How could this be?" asked him. He didn't know what went wrong but he made sure that his timetable is cleared for the time Jessica's appointment. He knew it shouldn't have any mistakes.

His head started spinning in disappointment. He sat down behind his door with his head on his hands. "Is this not really gonna happen?" He asked himself. "Is there something wrong that I've done in the past seems like the heavens are punishing me? I'm a descent guy. I don't smell, I look good and have a good fashion sense." He chuckled to himself of hearing how he sounded.

"but even Chaerin, the girl I thought was into me, didn't really like me." Jay stared at the bouquet that was sitting on the chair. He spent good money on those but he guest it's just going to waste.

 

After his shift, he was about to go home, when he decided to go to a cafe for a while because he was up to a good hot chocolate and he knew the place where to get one.

He walked to his favourite cafe with his bouquet of flowers. He decided to just give it to his mom when he gets home.

The smell of brewed coffee welcomed him which made his day a little better. He went to the counter and asked the young lad standing behind it.

"I'll have hot chocolate please with cream and marshmallows, to go." He asked the cashier. "It's my favourite." He added.

"Anything else?"

"Nope!"

"That's six dollars fifty." Jay handed the lad some change and the cashier gave him his change.

While waiting, Jay noticed someone staring at him with the side of his eyes. When he turned around, he saw her. The angelic face of the girl he has been trying to talk to for the last few weeks was facing him. In shock he only got to say "Hi,"

"Omg! It's her! What should I say? Wait! I already thought of this. Oh wait, I'm not in the spa, I can't talk about massage oils here. Damn!" Jay thought and he stopped as he saw Jessica opened .

"I heard you say that the hot chocolate is your favourite." She started, "it's just funny, it's my favourite too!"

"It's just too good right?"

"Haha, yes. I'm Jessica" she offered her hand for his to shake. Jay took it immediately smiling widely "I'm Jay."

"Are those for your girlfriend? A cute guy like you sure has a girlfriend" A little disappointment showed in her eyes as she look at the beautiful bouquet he was holding. They were white roses, her favourite.

"Oh these?" He raised the bouquet to eye level and stared at it. "I don't have a girlfriend. It's actually for yo- for no one."

"Really? Why would someone like you buy flowers that pretty for no one?"

"Well, you seem to like them. I wouldn't mind giving beautiful flowers to a beautiful lady." He handed her the flowers but she was really surprise that some stranger was giving her flowers.

"Are you sure? These look expensive." She smelled the flowers before looking at him in disbelief.

"Of course, why not." The cafe staff gave him his hot chocolate and his receipt.

"Here's your receipt and hot chocolate. Enjoy."

He said thanks and took the receipt.

"Well, I hope to see you again." He grabbed his hot drink. Of course he will see her again but he just don't want to leave. He want to know more about her.

He was about to leave when Jessica tapped his arms to stop him from leaving. The boy just caught her eyes since he walked into the cafe and she seemed to want him to stay.

"Hey Jay? Are you in a hurry? Why don't you stay for awhile? I need to repay you for these flowers."

"Oh don't worry about-" be he was cut off by her ordering two slices of cream cake and hot chocolate.

She turned around to face him again. "There's no saying no now." She said with a smirk on her face. "The other cake is for you, just so you know."

"Uhm, ok."

And so it began.