Worst day ever!

Love you too, Mr. Arrogant {hiatus}

You stared at your mobile phone, squinting to see the time. It was fifteen past eight and your boss had expected you to be at work at eight – you were so going to get scolded for this! You groaned as you looked up from the phone and placed it back in your bag. You turned the volume louder when ‘Tarantallegra’ by Xiah Junsu started playing. You took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself and not get angry at the situation you were in. ‘Next time, I’m ditching the car and taking the train!’ you thought to yourself.

As you neared the curb to the little bakery you worked at, you decided to speed up. Knowing your boss, if he found out you were late, he would definitely talk your ears off!

“Holy mother of aliens!” You shouted when a dog crossed the door. Without thinking, your foot slammed on the brake. Your body flew to the front slightly and you sighed as you silently thanked God that you had remembered to wear your safety belt when you got in the car that morning. As soon as that sigh left your lips, a startled scream left your mouth when you felt someone slamming against the back of your car. Your eyes widened in horror and you swallowed that gnawing feeling that was threatening to leave your throat. You could see from the corner of your eye; a very handsome man, walking out of the car in his expensive looking suit. You also could see what he was doing; he took off his shades and stared at his car before walking towards your door.

In a moment of panic, you hurriedly locked the doors. Knock! Knock! You pretended not to see him and kept a calm face but inside, you were screaming your lungs out to the Gods above – not only were you late, in wanting to save a dog, you had gotten into an accident! Why me, you moaned in your mind. The knock became insistent and with one big breath, you lowered the window and stared at the man.

Your breath hitched: he was gorgeous. Not just normal, model gorgeous but Greek God Gorgeous! His eyes were a deep shade of brown, he had long eyelashes (but it suited him!) and his face looked smooth, smoother than yours, you mused. You were awestruck for a moment but when you realized he was glaring daggers at you, you began to panic inside.

“Get out.” He ordered. Oh God! If it wasn’t for the fact that this was a really serious situation, you would have swooned when you heard his husky voice. The way he was staring at you made you feel uncomfortable so you slowly took off your safety belt and stepped out of the car.

“I’m sorry; I really didn’t mean to,” You stuttered. You glanced at your car and shuddered – that was going to cost a lot!

“You think my car is cheap?! How the hell did you even get your license? Who taught you to press on the brakes out of nowhere?!” He growled, his face turning red. Your eyes travelled to his car – it was a Mercedes – you didn’t even want to think what brand it was!

“There was a dog just now – I couldn’t run it over!” You tried to explain. “I didn’t notice there was a car behind me!” You told him. Normally, I keep my eyes to the front – on the road – not behind!

“What the…” He rubbed his temple and muttered something inaudible under his breath. “What about the damage to my car?! Who is going to pay for that?” He asked as he stared directly at you, as if daring you to go against what he was implying.

You gulped and nodded your head. “I-I will; just tell me how much it costs, I’ll try and pay you.”

The moment you saw the smirk on his face, you regretted saying those words. “Do you have *1185300 KRW?” He asked and your eyes popped out of their sockets. You swallowed and wetted your lips.

“Err… no,” You told him sheepishly. Why, God, why! Now you were really doomed. “Could I pay you some time? Not today though,” You asked. “Can I just get your name card and when I’ve got the exact amount of money, I’ll pay you!”

“How would I know you’d stick to your words?” He retaliated and you had the urge to smack the living daylights out of him but seeing as you owed him a lot of money, you really had no choice but refrain yourself from doing it.

Without thinking, you turned around and picked up your bag, rummaging through the contents. A few seconds later, you took out your iPhone 4S. “Here,” You shoved the phone at him. “That’s my most prized possession – I got that as a present… You can keep that until I paid every single cent.” You told him. He eyed the phone and stared at you before looking back at the phone.

“I’m giving you exactly a month from this day. If you missed a day, I’m texting everyone on your phone and say something stupid to them!” He threatened. You nodded your head. “Hmm… Here’s my card.” He stated as he fished his card and handed it to you. “Remember – a month from today! Or else.” He dangled your phone and your lips trembled. You nodded your head slowly and watched him smirk and walked back to his car, your phone in his hand.

This is so not my day!!
 


 

*that’s about 1000USD, if I’m not mistaken.  Thank you to those who has subscribed to the story! Anything that seems familiar to you is purely coincidental! Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one!