Forever

Forever

Is it weird to obsessed with body parts? Is that a ? No. It's one thing to be obsessed with but it's another to love a body part; or in Donghae's case, many body parts: lips, eyes, nose, legs , hands. It's not a pure, creepy obsession; he just loves them and the person they belong to.

Lee Hyukjae.

His Best friend. His fellow member of Super Junior. His dancing partner. His other half. The love of his life.
 
It's as if he finds something new to love about him every other day. He would find something to love every day but he takes the extra day to enjoy it further. He takes his love for every part of Hyukjae - from his small, feline-esque eyes to his smelly toes - as the meaning that he will never get bored of him and forever love him wholeheartedly. There's nothing he doesn't love of Hyukjae - except his lack of affection outside trying to get a rise out of Donghae, but he accepts that as what makes Hyukjae Hyukjae because that only means that when he loves someone, he gives his whole heart and means it. That may not be true (although Donghae believes it is), but thats how he is going to take it.
 
Donghae's current obsession of Hyukjae is his hands. Those milky-white slender fingers of his that fit so well between Donghae's own fingers. They resemble one of a girl's, but they are so soft against his that Donghae doesn't care to ever comment jokingly about it.
 
"I love you," Donghae whispers. His voice doesn't travel far in the small room, but Hyukjae is able to hear him over the movie playing on their flat screen.
 
"Aish," Hyukjae rolls those cat-like eyes of his, unseen by the love-sick pup beside him in the darkness of the room, falling onto said pup, "Don't tell me the movie made you all mushy now."
 
"No," replied Donghae defensively, "I haven't even been paying much attention to it."
 
"What have you been doing then? Staring at me?" He asks, half-jokingly, but is thrown for a loop when Donghae admits to it. "Mwo? Why are you being so weird? Granted, you're weird more than half the time..."
 
 
Donghae stares at Hyukjae with a blank expression before he throws the hand he' d been playing with out of his with a huff and crosses his arms over his chest. "An 'I love you too' would have sufficed... Nappeun nom..." With that, he punches Hyukjae in the arm and pushes himself off the couch and heads to the kitchen.
 
Sometimes Donghae doesn't know what to do with Hyukjae; he never seemed to understand. Sometimes Donghae wonders why he loves him so much, but then he realizes the list is too long to count when he goes through the list to calm his frustrations down.
 
"Donghae-yah," Sungmin, who Donghae encounters in the kitchen, sitting on the counter, digging into a bag of chocolate chip cookies, starts, noticing the look on his dongsaeng's face, "What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing..." The younger replies, digging his hand into the bag of cookies and shoving a handful into his mouth.
 
"Ah...Hyukjae?" Sungmin concludes, knowing the issues Donghae has with him, and hands Donghae the bag when the latter nods. "It's okay," adds Sungmin, fondly, "Hyukjae's a little...difficult sometimes-" Donghae flashes him a look that read 'Don't I know it...' and Sungmin laughs, hopping down to pat his friend's back, "If you really love him, you're going to have to just deal with it. Look at me and Kyuhyun."
 
 
Donghae nods, knowing Sungmin has a point and understanding the underlying story of his hyung's experience in his words of wisdom. He leans over the counter and falls into eating another cookie. They never tasted so good, he thinks.
 
 
Hyukjae walks into the kitchen and Sungmin excuses himself, commenting on how he unfortunately misses a certain maknae and leaves the room to find him. Donghae doesn't move from his spot on the counter, after taking Sungmin's precious spot, to acknowledge his best friend's entrance.
 
 
Its quiet for a beat before Hyukjae timidly asks, "What are you doing?"
"Eating," Donghae replies shortly, throwing another mini cookie in his mouth. That taste of comfort is addicting.
 
 
Hyukjae nods, leaning against the doorway he had just come through, and it becomes quiet again, giving way to the obnoxiously loud rustle of the convenience store food. 
 
 
"Donghae-yah..."
 
 
"Mwoya?"
 
 
Hyukjae almost cringes at the sharpness of Donghae's tone of voice. He accepts it. Pushing himself off the wall, Hyukjae walks over to him, settling himself between Donghae's legs. Donghae doesn't look at him, afraid to give in to him so easily, afraid of having Hyukjae unravel him with a single glance. Donghae hated the things he did to him sometimes.
 
 
"Donghae-yah," calls Hyukjae once again, but in a softer tone Donghae realizes. Damn him, it's starting... 

 

"Wh-what..." Curse him.

 
 
"Mianhae." Donghae doesn't reply save for stuffing his face with cookies again. Hyukjae takes the bag out of his hands and places it on top of the stove, the nearest place possible at the moment. He turns Donghae's head to look at him and waits until his eyes settle on his. "Jjinjja mianhae." Donghae doesn't know what to say now; what could be said? He refuses to just fall into Hyukjae's arms so easily, something he's been known to do. "I must be a nuisance to you, huh?" Donghae really does fall silent. What did he mean by that? He's never once thought of him a nuisance.
 
 
"A...Ani..."
 
 
"No, you give and give all your heart and love - to me of all people - and I don't give much back. I'm sorry for that. I'm just not used to...being more than just friends yet. Not that I dont want to be," he adds quickly, "Its just...different."
 
 
"It shouldn't be that different..."
 
 
"I know. It's just different to me. I used to joke about it all the time for fanservice and am used to that, I forget it means a lot more now- " Hyukjae takes Donghae's hands and laces his long silky fingers with his. Donghae begins to melt. "You mean a lot more to me than I make it seem."
 
 
"Hyukjae..." Donghae whispers, already a puddle in his shoes, holding on to Hyukjae' s hands tighter. He wants to kiss him right now. He'd give everything in the world to feel those plump pink lips that contrasted against his skin on his, but he feels hesistant now that Hyukjae made his discomfort known. He almost feels....wrong about it, so he holds back, painfully, biting his lips.
 
 
Hyukjae seems to get the gesture, knowing him all too well, and takes the initiative.
 
 
Donghae is confused when he ses Hyukjae laugh and shake his head. He's about to ask him what was so funny, but he beat him to the punch, shuting him up before a sound was uttered. Donghae's eyes flutter shut, his lashes splayed across his cheeks, and kisses Hyukjae back, taking his bottom lip in his own. He lets go of Hyukjae' s hands to wrap his arms around Hyukjae's neck, pulling him closer, as the latter wrapped his own around Donghae's waist. His cold fingers meet the warm surface of his skin, hiding under his shirt, and a shiver runs down Donghae's spine.
 
 
Donghae loves these moments, the ones when Hyukjae instigates some sort of show of affection.  It adds on to making his being with him all worth while. Donghae smiles into the kiss, playing with the hairs on the back of Hyukjae's neck, feeling the older man shiver under his touch.
 
 
Hyukjae seems willing now, not holding back; Donghae was used to his change in emotions because he's the more serious one in this relationship, but Donghae was the more serious one about the relationship. He wanted them to work because he knew how perfect they were (he saw, anyway). They have had their moments but at the end of the day, they knew who they wanted and who they came back home to.
 
 
The kiss got deeper before Donghae knew it, losing touch of reality and falling deeper into Hyukjae. He pulled him in by the neck, unable to control his tongue that massaged Hyukjae's, scooting closer to his love. He faces reality, realizing how close he was to losing control, and forces himself to push away unfortunately, hesitation burning his very core.
 
 
They've already gone through this, so Donghae was painfully aware of how far he could go.
 
 
"Donghae?"
 
 
The said member smiles at him. "Let's go finish the movie, hm?" he pushes himself off the counter and lands on his feet. He takes Hyukjae's hand in his and leads him to the living room, back on the couch. He grabs thr remote and presses play again, leaning his head on Hyukjae's shoulder.
 
 
Hyukjae on the other hand is confused. That's it? Donghae is usually mopey for the rest of the day when he doesnt respond to his "romance". This time he's just smiling and taking it.
 
 
"Donghae?"
 
 
"Hm?"
 
 
"Are you still mad at me?"
 
 
Donghae looks up at him. "No. I know how you are. Sometimes I forget and ask for or do too much, so I'm sorry."
 
 
"Donghae..."
 
 
"I'm fine, I swear. I love you too much to continue fighting about this. It takes work to make a relationship work and I'm working at it. I'm not the only one in the relationship. we're two different people personality-wise so I have to get used to that just as you said you have to get used to us."
 
 
Hyukjae is quiet. When Donghae realizes Hyukjae is not going to say anymore, he bites his tongue and turns back to the movie, but doesnt really watch it. he only stares at the screen.
 
 
Donghae feels Hyukjae's head against his and he cant help but lean into it, his eyes falling shut.
 
 
"I do love you... even if I dont show it half the time, I love you. I do."
 
 
Donghae melts - his heart, his body, his brain, he just melts. That's all he wants - Hyukjae to tell him he loves him. He could say it 100 times and not once will he ever get tired of it. It's all he needs to live, to function correctly.
 
 
Donghae turns to him and lightly places his lips on Hyukhae's, who kisses back just as soft and it doesn't go any further than that because Donghae is satisfied with Hyukjae's confession and he's sure as long as Hyukjae still feels the same, he'll love him forever.