CHAPTER 1

Me, a k-pop star?!?

*Before the dawn (Before the dawn) Before the dawn (Before the dawn), nae maeummaneun jipchagi aniya.  Before the dawn (Before the dawn) Before the dawn (Before the dawn),   neol bandeusi ggok jabanaego sipeo*                                                                       

  I woke by the sound of lovely angels singing.”MMMHHH…. Good morning lovely world!”  I sang, then I looked at my wall. I smiled at the posters (probably looking like a crazy person) “Good morning to you to lovely k-pop idols.” I whispered.  It wasn’t until I looked at  the time that my wonderful world was ruined. ‘ I’m late…..again sigh”

“HURRY UP! School starting in 30 minutes!” I heard my mom yell from downstairs.  “I’m coming!”  I quickly grabbed my schoolbag and went downstairs. “I’ll just buy something to eat from the vending machines at school, bye mom!”   I hastily ran outside, got on my bike and cycled as fast as I could to the place where me and my friend, Nicole, had agreed to meet.

“Hi! Sorry I’m late… again.”  “Don’t worry about it. I got used to you always being late. It would surprise me more  if you actually came on time.” she laughed.  I smiled at her comment, because it was so true. I don’t think I have ever come on time for an appointment, event or whatever. But then again it’s really hard to come out of bed when it’s so comfortable.

“So..… are you excited today?!”she asked me. “Why would I be excited? Hello, it school we’re talking about.” She  laughed. “No no no, that’s not what I’m talking about. I talking about the announcements for the scholarships today.” My eyes widened as I realized what she was talking about… “OH MY GOD! How could I forget?! Today is the day I’ll be hearing if I got the scholarship to study in Korea! Nicole, do you know what that means?!?”She looked confused, but when she knew what I was talking about, she sighed. “Yeah yeah, I know I means that you get to meet all those Korean singers you love so dearly….  I can’t believe you even stayed up all night once just so you could watch some boy group’s comeback.” Nicole always found it strange that I love Korean music even though I have nothing to do with Korea, nor did I know the language, but after I got into k-pop I started to learn Korean and I fluent now. So if I do get the scholarship, then at least there wouldn’t be a language barrier.

We finally arrived at school. ‘Just in time, thank god. I don’t think I could sit through another scold from the teacher about how being late is going to affect my grades. I mean seriously I’m an A student. I don’t need any lecturing from a teacher, who come late himself everyday!’

As soon as we locked our bicycles, I ran to the nearest notice board and searched for the scholarships list. “Ahh~~~~~~, there you are why did you run of like that?”I ignored Nicole’s question and kept looking at the list. “Emma Peters, Daniel Kim, Amir Abdul…. Wait where my name?” I sighed. ‘ I knew this was too good to be true.’                                                                                                                                      

I was about to walk away when Nicole suddenly grabbed me. I was shocked. “~~~~~, look! There’s your name the one above Amy’s” My eyes widened. “WHAT!?! Where?” I looked at the list, but there is was: ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ . I went silent, and looked down. “What’s wrong ~~~~~ aren’t you happy?”Nicole asked me. She lifted my chin up. I looked at her with teary eyes. I whispered to her: “I actually going….. I’m actually going to Korea…” Then I hugged her tightly and started jumping because of  happiness “I’M GOING NICOLE! I’M GOING!” Nicole laughed. “Ha-ha, you’re so cute when you’re happy.”She ruffled my hair. “Come, we need to go to class or else we’ll get scolded again.” But all that didn’t matter to anymore.  I was too happy to let this day be ruined by some stupid old teacher.                                                 

Korea… HERE I COME!!!