Nature Trail: Ren's POV

First and Last

REN'S POV

Ren couldn't move. Everything happened too fast to register. Five seconds ago he was about to topple over the hill and/or get run over by bicycles. Four seconds ago he experienced the terrible feeling of vertigo as the ledge crumbled a little under his weight and it was also when he heard someone shout his name and a small cool hand wrapped around his. Three seconds ago he was practically flying through the air as the person yanked him and they crashed to the other side of the trail as the cyclists whizzed past them with no thought to their endangered well-being. Two seconds ago he landed on something (or, more accurately, someone) soft. One second ago he opened his eyes - to be staring right into Alisia's.

Ren's heart was pounding painfully. He figured it was just from the near-injury experience but when he saw Alisia's face heat up, his chest thumped faster. Inside Ren was freaking himself out. Oh, God, oh God oh God OH GOD!! Has Aron ever told us what to do in a situation like this? . . . No! He tells us the good wonderful things he's done with his fancy American girlfriends but he never told us the first thing to do when you've LANDED on top of one!

Ren still couldn't move. Not only was he still in shock but . . . how did you get off a girl without touching her weirdly or pushing up in an embarrassing position?! So he just lay there on top of her. After a few uncomfortable seconds, Ren asked Alisia, "Uh, are-are you okay?" As soon as the words were out he wanted to smack himself. 'Are you okay?' OF COURSE SHE'S NOT, I'M SMOTHERING HER!!

Alisia's lips twitched in a nervous smile. "Yah, I'm -" She cleared . "- I'm fine. I'm more worried about you." She managed to look concerned despite the state they were in. Ren could hardly believe it - but then he was distracted by her wide, almond-shaped, hazel eyes. They were so -

Yet another thing distracted him. Ren looked forlorn. "Your cheek!" Alisia tilted her head to the side in confusion. Ren reached up and touched her left cheekbone very gently, where there was now a small shallow scratch about an inch long right below her eye. Alisia winced involuntarily. Ren removed his finger immediately. At that moment his body decided that it finally knew what to do: Ren swiftly got up on his knees and leaned back, helping Alisia sit up too. She rubbed the back of her head. Ren's hand automatically went to where her hand was and carefully felt for any damage. There was a slight bump but no blood, thank God.

Huh, Ren thought suddenly. Her hair is really soft . . . and it smells like watermelon.

"REN! ALISIA!" The two of them looked up to see Aron, JR, BaekHo, and MinHyun racing towards them, eyes wide with anxiety and worry drawn on their faces. "Are you two okay??" MinHyun puffed. Being the tallest with the longest legs, he got to the couple first. As Alisia told MinHyun the injuries, the other guys caught up. Ren was glad that he didn't have to have a panic-attack about Alisia being hurt by himself. In a way though, he felt responsible; if he had just paid attention to his surroundings, none of them would be in the situation. Ren sat back on his legs.

"AH!" he cried in pain. Ren immediately sat back up on his knees. His face was pinched as he clutched his right ankle. Alisia reached for him. Her fingers circled his wrist and for some reason she reminded Ren of his mother. Ew, he thought briefly. Aron instantly crouched down next to the youngest NU'EST member. "Ren? Minki, what's wrong?" he asked. Ren spoke through his teeth. "I . . . I-I think I broke my ankle."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey everyone! Daisy Blue here. Sorry for not updating earlier today when Mrs. Choi told me the chapter was up; I usually get time to go on the computer at night though it KILLS ME to know that many of you were waiting so anxiously! xD Well, anyway, here's our lovely-lovable, pretty, cute REN!~ <3 Hope you like! ^_~