078. Wide Awake

The Yuri-Effect

Chapter 78 - Wide Awake

 

(Forgive me for cutting the YulSic part last time and up until now, sorry guys. Dont kill me please! So as early as now, I need to tell you the following events happen the same time YulSic was on their way to Yuri's house)

 

At SooMan high Lunch Break,

 

 

 

 "Tiff, can you ask Taeyeon about this?" Hyoyeon handed Tiffany a notebook. Tiffany sadly looked at her friend. "I can't.." The two friends exited their classroom last, outside someone waited in front of their room, Yoona.

 

 "Let's eat?" Yoona looked at Tiffany with her arms crossed. Hyoyeon looked at the two confused. "Uh.. Is something the matter?" She asked. Tiffany took Hyoyeon's wrist and dragged her away. Yoona followed them of course.

 Walking down the stairs, they met Taeyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung holding some papers and heading up stairs.

 "Tae.." Tiffany's eyes were locked with Taeyeon. "Taeyeon we need to talk.." Tiffany approached Taeyeon, Taeyeon passed by Tiffany. "Excuse me, Ppani-ah I have things I need to do." Sooyoung and Sunny looked at Taeyeon who walked away. Taeyeon looked back to her two friends. "What are you guys waiting for? Let’s go. Then we'll have our lunch.." Taeyeon smiled at Sooyoung and Sunny, the two tailed Taeyeon on.

 Taeyeon stopped for a while to look at Yoona, surprised and quite shaking. Yoona also looked at Taeyeon, she gave a bow and left Taeyeon. All the while, Taeyeon knows where Yoona went, to Tiffany. But Taeyeon was silently changing as well, she took her first step moving on. "Let’s go! Lets finish this and eat!"

 

 "Are you two fighting?" Hyoyeon asked as Tiffany remained still by the staircase. "I guess so.. Yoona? Do you know something?" Hyoyeon turned to ask Yoona but before Yoona can explain, they got distracted by  Tiffany running to the same direction where Taeyeon went and no Yoona didn't stop her.

 "Do you wanna eat Hyoyeon-unnie?" Yoona asked while starring at Tiffany running. "I'm currenly worried about Tiffany and Taeyeon.." Hyoyeon looked down and she saw a familiar girl going up stairs. "Joohyun-ah."

 "Hi, Unnie.." Seohyun said hi to Hyoyeon, she didn't look at Yoona as she passed by and Yoona did the same. As if both dont know each other. "Joohyun-ah, aren't you gonna eat with us?" Hyoyeon asked, stopping Seohyun from walking.

 "Sorry unnie, I have some things to do." She apologized and gave Hyoyeon a bow before leaving.

 "Are you two? Fighting as well?" Hyoyeon asked Yoona, Yoona replied. "No. We broke up.."

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany  was looking for Taeyeon though she followed her direction, she lost Taeyeon.

 As she roamed the Senior floor, she saw Taeyeon giving someone a bow. Tiffany tried to call on Taeyeon. "Tae-!" She was stopped when she saw Yoona's mother, she quickly hid by the nearest place she could, the corner turn of the floor.

 "What is she doing here? What is she telling my Taeyeon?" Tiffany questioned, but an answer popped into her mind. Kwa! That woman! She might lie to Taeyeon, I-I can’t let her do so! Tiffany mentally thought.

She tightened her fist, preparing to get on them, but when she jumped in front.

 "T-Tae!" She and Taeyeon faced each other, Mrs. Im already left, on her way back to the office.

 "Tae.. Did she tell you something..?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon. "What did you two talk about?" She added.

 "Nothing, it’s about the college scholarship they're offering.. I turned it down." Taeyeon replied. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon sad. "You could find another scholarship right? With your brain, you can get in Seoul University!" She tried to cheer on Taeyeon.

 "Nah, I think I'll work for a while.. Provide myself help I needed." Taeyeon smiled, she walked ahead and Tiffany followed.

 "We're still together right, Tae? You are not leaving me right?" Tiffany asked as she tailed Taeyeon wherever.

 "You'll be strong with me. We'll pull through.. Together." She added but Taeyeon continued ignoring her. "Taeyeon and Tiffany are meant to be remember?" Tiffany said and with such words Taeyeon stopped walking.

 "I don't believe in it anymore." Taeyeon coldly said.

 "Wh-why Tae-Tae?"

 

 "We can pull through.. Apart.. We need to forget and move on Ppani-ah." She turned and gave Tiffany a hug. Tiffany couldn't help but hug back, no it did not matter whether a teacher or anyone could see them like this; with Taeyeon giving up on her. "Dont do this.." She pleaded.

 "I will.. Ppani-ah, you tak-"

 "-Shut up! You'll take care of me!" Tiffany tightens her hug. "Yoona will be the one to do so." Taeyeon lifelessly retreated her arms around Tiffany.

 "No.. Don't you love me anymore Taeyeon?" Tiffany cried. Taeyeon closed her eyes shut, such words penetrated her cold heart. She wanted so badly to answer no, to tell Tiffany she loves her so much.. But Taeyeon's mind commanded her to stop.

 "Let's move on, let our past be just a memory.. Happy and not.." Taeyeon replied, she wiped Tiffany's tears.

 "We're still friends don't worry.. When you need me just text me.. Whatever Yoona couldn't give or do, I'll try to, Ok?" Taeyeon smiled for Tiffany, Taeyeon was maturing and opening her eyes to reality.

 Tiffany didn't reply. She could not move on, even with Yoona by her side. She was simply stuck, her heart was tied to Taeyeon and Taeyeon only. "Taeyeon I love you.. I'm dead serious!"

Taeyeon was letting go but Tiffany wasn't. Taeyeon tried to push Tiffany away but Tiffany hugged on to her tight.

 "I know you love me! I-I know it! Taeyeon you told me you won’t leave me!" Tiffany struggled against Taeyeon.

 "Ppani-ah! Stop being such a brat! J-just let go!" Taeyeon forced Tiffany's arms off her. Tiffany was so shocked, her tears fell as her eyes were open wide.

 "I'm tired of your immaturity so grow up a little ok?!" Taeyeon turned her back and walked away from Tiffany. She walked away because her heart was starting to melt once more, she couldn't bare being so close to Tiffany it hurts her yet it makes her somehow delightful, that Tiffany loves her like so. But she hurt Tiffany deeply with her words and though Taeyeon knew, she had to stop the younger girl from chasing a hopeless fate.

 But Tiffany couldn't read minds, to her Taeyeon was completely tired of her, Taeyeon doesn't want her anymore.

 Tiffany stood in the same spot for minutes, with eyes crying, seeing truth that their love was no more; their love crumbled and fell to the ground. A feeling, wide awake to reality.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

Don't kill me. I don't do the story! I only updaaate! XD Maybe in the next chapter we'll know what Jessica was about to say..

 

Oh and about TaeNy, I can't believe how fast tables have turned. I mean some time ago, Taeyeon was the one chasing; now Tiffany chases Taeyeon.

T---T

 

 

-Hakufuu(needs an update)