The Folktale Rebel

7th

 

[No One’s POV]

 

The crystal pane was covered by the frost, obstructing the internal affair sealed by the sacred chain, consequently entrapping two creatures entangled in the hypnotic noose. Who had already known if they had broken the key, making another story reborn for this massive world. There’s no oracle for the end of this story though the card had been reversed instead the enchantress had casted the spells. Nothing’s worked.

The worst was they’re afraid to death if there’s an exchange, somehow there’s two choices, creating a new one or changing the existing one. The thought never crossed their mind that a story would be changed, but which one? However it’s just an assumption. But the fact was always painful, as the start couldn’t be stopped, as the story couldn’t be cleared. The story must continue.

For these two creatures, they gave a chance only for one to alter everything since they’re not parts of this story. The end, the love, the fate, the truth, the lies were on his hand, except the secret.

The secret was hidden out of the sight, changing people’s judgment that it’s likely to be revealed. Certainly curiosity would control them to find it out no matter what, yet not this one, instead wishing to burn it deeper and deeper. The blonde guy didn’t notice what would pursue him in the future. His mind was too simple.

 

*******

 

The broken window showed something like a tale outside, nevertheless in the same background, about how the characters changed, the came, or the plot flew, but it did wrong. The white gluttonously filled the land below, the sky above, not showing any emotions that used to be occurred, besides the rime clang to exhibit the cold, however in the other way it seemed to tell how the heat from neither their heartbeats nor their hot breathes steamed that place.

Eli let a sigh, crossing both his hands on his chest as his eyes were closed, wishing not to go further to care about her. He walked towards the sofa, looking at the girl for the uncountable times, somehow she’s got a hypothermia for then. Her breath got slower every seconds as her body got weaker than before. He felt more apprehensive since her body stopped trembling. Actually it would be better to collect the body heat, but she seemed unable to hold it out again.

He sat on the floor, leaning his head to the sofa, at least he got a little warm for getting closer to her despite the cold still pricked his skin felt like a thousand thorns. Eli couldn’t stop thinking why the girl went so far in the snow with a very light clothes.

Was it a kind of ways to kill herself? She definitely thought about being left by her family maybe, due to be survived alone. But why didn’t she just cut herself or anything? Was it a better way to be killed by the cold? Her heart would be frozen, not feeling anything, not desperation, not sorrow, not loneliness, nothing even more.

 

“You’re pitiful.”

 

Eli observed her features carefully, not wanting to miss a tiny thing on her. Her eyelids perfectly closed her captivate eyes as he saw once, longed by him already. Her lips were no longer red as they should be although he didn’t know instead, displaying the paleness like a corpse. Eli had his hand get closer to her stiff fingers, expecting to make a contact to her once more.

Suddenly she whimpered, acting like she lost her common sense as she kicked the blanket away and tried to pulled off the jacket crucially with one of her hand. She seemed like she irritated herself by shaking her body.

There’s nothing more covered her except her clothes and his jacket that used to give by his lover those days, something he didn’t want to remember. Her breath got panted while she’s still lying on the sofa, making her chest went up and down following the rhythm of her heartbeat. Eli looked at her, giving a questioning look since a minute ago she begged the warmth and she just defied it like that.

Then the jacket fell down followed by her body to the floor with a loud thump. Eli blinked his eyes, watching she fall without helping her, oddly making his heart shattered though it’s not him who got hurt. His heart couldn’t bear his stubborn mind to stop caring about her, trying to bring his senses back but he couldn’t. “She’s not her”.

 

“I promise you’ll be alright. I’m here for you.”

 

Eli paced her quickly as helped her up, paying no regard for reneging his promise to himself. He hugged her frail body fearfully, burying his face on her neck. The tears suddenly streamed down his cheek, showing how much he missed the feeling when the drops gave him a little place to let his sadness went out of his memories.

 

“I’ll never let anything happened to you. Never again.”

 

He whispered the words on her ears touched by his soft lips every time he spelled each letters, expressing every words in a dead certainty as if he had done an inexcusable howler. Eli expected himself to atone for sins by uttering a deathly promise despite he’s not sure whether it’s aimed for her or not. The teardrop couldn’t stop falling, wetting the girl’s hair as giving a bitter mark on her. Everything was misplaced.

 

“nnnggh..”

 

The girl moaned in pain as he seemed not release the embrace however he forgot about her injured hand.

 

“So-sorry. I didn’t mean to -  ”

 

She pulled the boy roughly, interrupting him painlessly but hurting his heart painfully. Then she started to cry, wiping her eyes by her palm like a child.  Somehow it raised a question about her tears whether it’s due to her visible or invisible wound.

Eli couldn’t help himself when she tried to take off her clothes, the last thing that covered her weak body. He didn’t want to admit that she reached this level. Even so the cold was obsessed her, the hypothermia would make her feel the heat all over her body. It seemed good but this symptomp would make she lost her conscious, forcing her to be unobstructed by the garment that slowly killed her.

She made a button fell off from her clothes, showing her flawless skin at the lower part of her neck. Gasping for breath uncontrollably made her kneel down on the floor, begging for sedative that could set her free while she’s struggling to rip her clothes again and again as she felt the burning sensation in whole body.

Eli pulled her hand tightly, not wanting to see the girl torture herself in front of him, instead making the girl groaned. Noticing that he deranged her, bringing him to loosen his grip slowly on her. He looked into her eyes, convincing her that the pain, the cold, everything would end soon.

 

“I won’t let you die.”

 

She looked at him fearfully and started to tilt her head and bite her clothes hardly.

 

“Please.... trust me!”

 

Eli placed his hands on her shoulder and made her turn back to sit down as she brought her knees to her chest. Not knowing what he should do to calm her, He hugged her back by circling his long arms reaching her knees, entwining his fingers as their body seemed like pieces of puzzle united in diverge shapes but fitted in particular.

Sometimes he held her out when she tried to release the embrace, instead tightening his fingers but trying not to hurt her steeply. If he knew that it would really make them comfort and warm much more, he should try it earlier, maybe accustomed to this thing next time.

Eli leaned his face to her hair, seeming to kiss her head as he smelled her hair tenderly, bringing different scent on each strands that made his mind hypnotized. He had his face caressed her short and soft hair warmly, never thinking that this kind of touch will made him begged for more.

Then he brought his face slide down her disheveled hair to her shoulder, making him buried his face into her neck for the second time, bringing his lips touched her neck which made her shiver for a while with his sudden action. However Eli didn’t admit that he liked it as long as he realized, he had lost his awareness slowly but surely.

 

“Say something. I’m the one talking. I also wanna know what you feel.”

 

“Don’t leave me again. I miss you so much.”

 

*******

 

The warmth came freely without risking something crucial from him having nothing, even asking for promising to be with him eternally, waiting whether he accepted or not. He somehow felt hesitant to trust everything since he had appealed desperately, waiting it reached down a hand for him but it never came, making him disappointed for something he couldn’t rely on. He’s the only one he could trust, that made him able to withstand from all threat.

Eli attempted to open his eyes, waking up from dreams more likely as incubus on his mind since he’s the one experiencing the delusion. Smelling the air he hated the most disturbing him aimlessly, reminding him about how he spent his pointless days in the last two years. He sat on the bed, trying to figure out what had happened to him before he stuck in this place again.

 

“You’ve already awake? That’s good.” A familiar voice was heard suddenly.

 

“mmmh.. Soohyun?” Eli moaned, feeling a bit dizzy. “What happened? Where’s the girl?”

 

“What’s girl? I found you out like a guy couple.” Soohyun chuckled, making the other boy confused.

 

“Guy? What are you talking about? Is she die?”

 

“She? He’s a boy. You, idiot!”

 

“A… what? A boy?”

 

“We talk later. You’ve missed many things these days.”

 

“Okay. How long I slept for missing everything? Huh?”

 

“Three days.”

 

Soohyun immediately walked outside the room, leaving him in shock for what the boy said just now. Three days were not brief, that meant he really missed everything. But the most surprising him was knowing that he’s not a girl.

He remembered what had happened that night about how he acted weirdly. It’s just that the boy reminded him about someone he should have forget in year, making him not in control. But the point was what he should explained to him if they met however it’s too embarrassing.

 

“I’m sorry, I think you’re a girl.” “You’re really pretty like a girl.” Or “My eyes couldn’t realize the boy inside you. You’re just too pretty.”

 

Everything was still on their place, the soothing front desk, the ER with a red light glimmering on the upper side wall, even the steel dustbin on every corner pretending as sterile as other stuff by the unstained shine, likewise some nurses bringing the patient on a gurney rolling down the hallway somehow seemed preoccupied.

But, Eli perceived incongruity as if he’s being observed by the unchanged things, too intricate with thinking by his brain. Imperceptibly his steps brought him to the appropriate direction, then took another step, walking into the room but it presented no light, signing no one was there.

It brought Eli returned to him once more, demanding an explaining from him about this stuff and others which hovered his head somehow he recognized some ulterior concerns, he guessed. Eli made his way to Soohyun’s room, too many assessments to be concluded at the same time.

Suddenly He was cognizant of inconvenient view on the corner of his eyes, making him frozen from top to toe, not really sure about the object he was watching just then.

He saw him sat down on the bed, straightening his legs for the comfortable position he wished for, instead kept looking straight ahead at the wall without blinking his eyes as though being like a sculpture. His countenance was still same when the last time he stared at him, it’s beautiful but illegible in expression. Then he noticed someone came from the blurry image on the pane.

 

“Where is Dongho? I can’t find him in his room.”

 

“Alexander took him yesterday. Are you sure for that?”

 

“For what?” Eli furrowed his brows, not knowing what he meant.

 

“For letting him to live with Xander. I don’t like he gets that close to you, you know. Without you realize, he halted your move for sure though he didn’t do in purpose. I won’t stop warning you before you end everything. It’s your life, don’t be too egoist. You’re pathetic, don’t you see?”

 

“He just wants to help. What’s your problem?” He turned his gaze on him gloweringly.

 

“Help? He’s not the one who can help you. I do too. I can drive Dongho to school every day if you want.”

 

“Whom do you care? Don’t be too serious, I don’t like it.”

 

Eli scratched his neck as avoided creating a serious atmosphere between them and promptly changing the subject. He turned his head, looking at someone inside the patient room with mercy.

 

“Don’t you think he should be dead?” Eli said bluntly. “No one wants him right? I saw some peoples came to take the corpses a while ago even there’re also foreigners. It’s been three days but no one visit him. He’s the only surviving one not the dead. I guess, It is pretty good if his family was dead in the accident, leaving him alone here, instead of being alive but throw him away. You know everything about him, don’t you?”

 

“I always hate your forthrightness.” He took a glance at him cynically.

 

“That’s why I only talk to you.” He giggled, making the silence sneaked between them until Eli broke it with an unwanted demand. “You’re hiding something, right? Let me know!”

 

“Yesterday, I took the report from the airport.” Soohyun said in whisper. “He’s an illegal passenger.”

 

Eli really felt like frozen promptly, as soon as a lightning strike was emotionally shook his unstable soul, indeed spragging his mouth with another ignorance filling him in excessive amounts, too exaggerate to be disclosed. A treacherous entiment infiltrated against him, besides being assured that he never experienced this kind of feeling before.

It’s undue for him to be offended by that news, realizing how someone whom he already met had disturbed him. How this person could offer him diverse of sensation, leading him astray on the verge of temptation, restrained every movement of him, much more pleased though, only if there’s no misconception.

 

“What will you do?”

 

“That’s what I want to talk about.”

 

 


 

 

Thanks for waiting for this chapter. Sorry, if it took like years for me to update. Actually I was deleted this chapter by accident. So, i felt like frozen for days. And when I would rewrite it again, I got a sudden tests, and .......................... I wrote this day.

This chapter isn't like what I wrote before it's deleted. It's a bit confusing due to i forget what i wrote and I lost the sense to write this chapter again >.<

LOL. LOL. LOL

 

and for @elly_lim : T______T  Sorry, dear! I feel so bad for not telling you. I'm really sorry. *hiding behind the wall

 

 

Hope you enjoy this~

 

Oh, yeah. I wrote it while listening to Soohyun-snowman and IU-I really hate her. So, I suggested you to listen them if you wanted to feel the story, though I don't really understand the lyric. LOL.