A New Year Stage

A New Year Stage

"Yuri! Wake up, today we have a big event", my brother woke me from a sleep. I blinked and started glancing at the clock. 5:45 p.m. That means I only sleep for fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes ago I just finished my show with my girlband friends on stage to welcome the glorious end of the year. And tonight, I'll be on stage again with them to welcome the new year. It was exhausting, but because I had an older brother and friends who engaged in the same world, so I will not feel tired when we are together.

I didn't get up, my brother sat on my bed, "Are you still tired?"

I wanted to answer 'Yes', but I discourage my intentions of seeing dark circles under the eyes of my brother. Feel embarrassed to say that I was so tired, while my brother works harder than me and he did not complain. "Aniyo. I'm just sleepy."

"Hurry up. We have dinner and then get ready for work. I've been preparing for your favorite omelet. I also had to cook ramen. If still not enough, I'll call the delivery order? "

"Ah do not need to oppa, I'm not that appetite. I was able to eat heartily when the show was over. Maybe it's the influence of nerves".

"However we need energy. Okay, let's eat", my brother my hair. We both headed to the living room for dinner. I always admired my brother, he can always serve good food. In my heart I'm so embarrassed him, I'm a little sister, the one who should take care of him. But our work is very time consuming, we would in turn do the housework: if my brother is cooking, then I do the dishes.

Not a lot of talk that we do at the dinner table this time. Usually, we will tell many things while eating, because it's the only place we met when busy with our work. Although our subject is not so far with our work, I do not feel bored. Maybe this time we can not say anything because this is the first time we'd met on the stage, boyband and girlband with the most members in Korea.

My brother and I have a passion in the same field, art. Maybe this talent handed down by our mothers. My brother has expertise in the areas of singing, but he was weak in the areas of dance, while I'm the opposite. Several years ago, a music company held auditions for boyband and girlband. We both are still sitting in school are equally interested, and finally to audition without the consent of our parent. When the company actually decided that we qualify, then we tell  father and mother. At that time, I witnessed a sharp dialogue between father' and brother. My father became the successor company to our family. Dad wants to rely on my brother because he was the first son. However, I know brothers are interested in other areas at that time.

"How could the son of a businessman be an entertainer?", Said father at the time.

"Dad, I've always interested in music. Allow me to pursue my dream of living this step. I will be very sorry if father told me to resign. Just like father who toiled to build our company, I will work hard to get this dream", I was amazed by this statement. The words of a boy who was still in junior high. The words of someone who wants to maintain the results of his hard work. I'm sure that my father was surprised to hear my brother's defense. Because father does not move, brother giving a guarantee to my father, "Dad, trust me. I will still continue my school and college in place as long as you would agree with me ... "

"I'll hold promise, but prove to me your hard work", then my father went.

I am relieved that my father and brother to grant permission, although my brother had to give up his education driven. I actually felt guilty because my father excused me to joined the trainee, while my brother give a guarantee. Gradually he began soft heart to see how hard our dreams after the audition. We have to undergo training for months. Our activities for schoolchildren are so tight: get up early, school until noon, go to the gym and doing exercises to sing or dance, come home at night, doing homework, the rest we used to eat and rest. That's all we do every day, except Sunday. Both our parents melted and beginning to realize that we need more attention, then my mother is always reminding us to not forget to eat, and my father always accompanied when we get a school assignment. Sometimes when we feel like a vacation, my father would take us in his car on Sunday.

There is a tough time for us when we heard the news that members of the auditions will not necessarily be accepted as a boyband and girlband debut. Me and my brother I feel afraid at the time, is not that we did not debut, we will struggle in vain? Our parents were always strengthened us, they would not allow us to despair and attempted suicide, as a lot of Korean artists 
didMothers more often then accompanied us to the gym, trying to familiarize myself with the other members and parents are also trying to become mothers for their children. Mother saw the struggle, we finally realized that we do not work hard ourselves.

In 2005 my brother began to debut with his boyband, while I still have to worry until 2007. Finally, our parents rented an apartment for both of us near the management office while our friends stayed in a dorm. They generally stay far away from the city. Korean society began to know us a little by little. At first they were curious because we thought just a pilot project with the most members: my brother boy band named Super Junior consist of 13 people while my girlband  named So Nyeo Si Dae (Girls' Generation) consists of 9 members. Then we can finally prove our performance, the result of months of training. But the important thing is, my father finally freed my brother's choice for any school because my father really proud of the first concert of Super Junior.

I saw brother had finished with his dinner. I was slow at dinner, my brother always told me to keep me company while I finish my dinner. One thing he never left the story of his close friends in Super Junior. My brother was the youngest member, he received much attention from other members. Although he was the youngest member, he never would be considered as a 'youngest'. My brother, a very nosy when there are other members who regard him as a 'youngest'. But there was one member who he admired since he joined Super Junior. His name is Donghae. Even though we are one of management, so far I have not directly met by the other members of Super Junior. I just heard of the story when Donghae gave him attention in other ways. He was not patronizing or pretentious senior. "Donghae will approach you with what you like". My brother likes to listen to ballad music, Donghae would be telling ballad that he likes and listen to it with my brother. Brother also likes to play games, then Donghae will spend time with my brother in front of their laptop. Initially thought they were suitable because it has the same hobby, but then my brother realized that Donghae  did that to all the members of Super Junior, that's how caring for others. He will come to see my brother when he was bored.

My brother is always telling this people specially until eventually I was curious, how the figure of Super Junior Donghae. I'd be very grateful because he had to make my brother comfortable when he was bored. "He is a hyung to me, but when with him, I like his older brother ...", said my brother one time. If brother are fascinated by the figure of Donghae, then I will have to sympathize him.


The clock on the wall already seven-thirty. I've finished my dinner with my brother, have washed dishes, and bathing. We both went to the office to get our costumes, the costume is usually a package with our friends. I was very nervous this time. Although I've several times appeared on stage, this is the first appearance on stage with Super Junior. Again, I imagine the cheers of the audience told us that twenty two large onstage ... definitely in full swing!

As if reading my thoughts, my brother advised that cools the mind, "You're weird not talk much like usually. You're nervous right? We do not exercise before, but I think we can get through it well. We've got more fans than just fans, to me they are friends and we will do well as they have always supported us in an extraordinary way ..."

I breathed a sigh of relief. My brother was always able to calm my heart. "I'm always nervous when going to perform on stage. But the thing that brought me back was relieved when I saw pink light sticks from the stage. And I'll be happy when it is mixed with sapphire blue ocean tonight because it means they support both of us". I glance at my brother who was smiling at my words.

Arriving at the management office, we both run separately because we have to meet with each group. I have to make sure my costume, but in the middle, my cell phone rang. Unfamiliar number. I lift, "Yeoboseyo?"

"Yuri? It's me, Kyuhyun oppa".

"Ah, oppa. It's your number?"

"Aniyo. This number is Donghae hyung's. Does my cell phone with you? As I recall I had left it in your bag".

"Wait a minute ...", I checked my bag and found my brother's phone in it. "Ne oppa, it is in my bag".

"Haah ... thank goodness, can you escorted here? I was in the usual room".

I know my brother is in the room that usually used by Super Junior, but I've never entered it. The room was now crowded and congested by the thirteen members of Super Junior, the make-up artists, and managers. My eyes are still looking for my brother figure. As usual, he was playing games with his laptop while waiting for the makeup artist finish the job. It seems that a friend is also doing the same thing next him. Because of crowded, I was kind of raised my voice, "Oppa!", not unexpectedly, all the other members of Super Junior was turned to me. I was embarrassed, "Kyuhyun oppa ...", I corrected my words.

 
"Ah, Yuri. Here", he tipped his hand to ask for the phone. I give his cell phone.

"Is she your dongsaeng?", asked the members at his side.

"Ne, hyung. It's Yuri. Yuri, it's Donghae hyung". Aah ... so he is. God, I can not say anything ... you also must be frozen when I saw his figure. He's got a cute canine smile. Like a vampire.

"Annyeong hasseyo ...", I give him and all the members of Super Junior a salute. But I can not deny, my eyes can not escape from Donghae.

"Ah, so your name is Yuri? So you are paired with Donghae on the front line then?", said the leader of Super Junior, Leeteuk.

"Ne", ah ... I almost forgot. On this show, our manager agreed to pair the dancer couple, the new terms gave by our fans. Many fans paired our dancing machine Eunhyuk - dancing queen Hyoyeon and dancing prince Donghae - dancing princess Yuri. Many fans are asking our agency so we can be on stage, and blessed them, tonight's actually their hope will come true. I still shudder to remember that we have not had time to practice together.

"Yuri, you do not change costumes? Hurry back! Oh yes, thank you for my cell phone", admonished my brother.

"Ne ...", I went from the room.

All members of the boyband and girlband now ready backstage. Five minutes of our performances. Now we come to enjoy the music of another boyband. While we watch their performance from backstage, we did a small warming. Then our manager came, "Everyone, now make a line based on the order you entered. For the couple dance, wear your mask from now on". A few minutes later the lights will go off. This is typical of our performances: performing with the lights turned off so we could see the light sticks of our supporters. In addition, we always give a special surprise to the audience. Unexpected surprises, sometimes we emerged from an unusual direction, sometimes we give rap, and this time we will offer dancing couple. Our managers do not deliberately ask MC to tell who will be performing next. What a surprise.

Donghae took place next to me. He was not wearing his mask. "Yuri-ssi ...", he called. I am already wearing my mask, looked. "I hope we can cooperate well. Think of me as your partner on Girls' Generation and dance comfortably." I nodded and smiled behind my mask. Donghae smiled too, ah ... it's fangs more ...

Suddenly the stands and the stage lights off. Opening music was heard, the sign we have to go onstage. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk walked in front of us. Donghae's hand take my hand. Warm. From his hand I could sense of protection, he guided me in the dark. Then we stopped right in the middle of the stage, at least that's our estimate. I have not seen the 
pink light sticks or blue sapphire. Yes, of course the audience does not know who will be performing. The music stops. Stage light comes on again, while the stands remained dark. The audience cheered to see the four of us are still wearing the mask. From here I can see the artist stands, they also seem curious. Dance music began to sound. I will try my best. Me and Hyoyeon have trained our movement, as well as Donghae and Eunhyuk. Duration of the dancing couple is only two minutes. Then the dance music stopped. We turned back to the audience to open up our masks and throw aside the mask, so the instruction choreographer. There was silence. Immediately, we turned around and started another dance movement. Audience as well as some artists seem surprised. Pink and blue sapphire light sticks began to glow along with the screams and applause from the audience. Our members enter the stage one by one until it reaches twenty-two. The event was festive at all times. I could feel the spirit of each person running. No more nervousness, no longer sleepy or tired.

After seven minutes we present two songs, we were standing on the edge of the stage. Leader of Super Junior, Leeteuk gave concluding remarks to the audience. Yes, after we were done we always greeted the audience and thanked them. This is how we close our fans. Without me knowing, who'd been standing next to me is Donghae. When we both turned, he gives a smile again, I like to gave him a name: Smiling Angel. He whispered to me, "Our cooperation is good, Yuri-ssi".

"Gamsahamnida, Donghae oppa".

"Is your brother  talk 
a lot about me to you?", he said.

 "How do you know?"

He smiled and closer to me to whisper, "Because I told him I'm a big fan of Girl's Generation Yuri. I was told if I wanted to know further, then I ask him for help". I felt my cheeks redden. I smile involuntarily. I can not say anything and just looked straight ahead, into the audience who'd been taking pictures of me were talking to Donghae. It's next to the fans carrying signs that read: Donghae <3 Yuri. Then I heard someone giggling behind us, "Whoa ... tomorrow there will be big news and phenomenal photos on the internet," says my brother.