Part two.

Now That I Found You

 

Two in the morning.

Two in the bloody morning, and someone decides to be an and throw things at your window. No, it’s not like you hadn’t gotten much sleep ever since your incident with Kris because trying to fall asleep for five hours just happens to be your thing. By now you could have sworn you spotted eye bags on your face and it wasn’t too pleasant.

You sat upright as a pang met your ears. Something hard and loud crashed repeatedly, and it wasn’t appreciated at this hour. You closed your eyes and prepared yourself to lay back down when another rock hit the window.

You ran to the sill and pushed the pane open. You stuck your head out with a menacing glare.

“Who’s there?” You called.

“Pssst!”

You looked down to the ground, and Kris looked back up at you with a sly grin. Instead of his tuxedo, he wore a plain, loose black t-shirt with ripped gray jeans barely covering the tops of his Converse. So casual compared to his introduction attire.

“It’s like two in the morning!” You barked. The fact that you were makeup-less and in your pajamas didn’t help the situation. Only your family and your closest friends had ever seen you like this and that wasn’t something you intended on changing.

“So?” He shrugged. “Come down, let’s do something!”

“Won’t your fiance wonder where you are?”

Kris raised his eyebrows. “I’ll consider this my bachelor party.”

You couldn’t believe this man. It’s been about a day in a half since you met, and already you were climbing out of windows just to see him.  You didn’t even know why you were attempting to do this. The only times you’d ever snuck out were for movie premiers and that hasn’t happened since high school! So why is his offer so enticing?

You grit your teeth, contemplating the decision for a moment. You pushed the thought aside and made yourself presentable, finding a black hoodie, a plain white tank top and a pair of ribbon leggings since you didn’t feel like rummaging around for your jeans. Slipping on your favorite pink panda face mask, you tied on your own pair of Converse and started the slow steady climb down from your bedroom.

Kris just smiled, watching you make your way down to meet him.

“Is it wrong to say that I missed you?” He smirked.

Thank God it was dark outside or he would have seen your face flush pink. You covered your nose with the mask to further cover your blush and grimaced at him.

“Well?” You grumbled. “What do you want?”

“Come on—” Kris grabbed your hand and you both started running down the street passed the other mansions that you had never bothered to venture towards.

“Where are we going!” You yelled as the wind whipped across your face, peeling your hood back from your bedhead.

“You’ll see!” He replied without looking back.

After passing several blocks while keeping a steady pace, you already began to lose track of where you were. Before you knew it, there were no more houses, no more buildings—it was just a forest trail. You were weary about going in there.

Kris could feel you start to walk slower and stopped to smile at you.

“Do you trust me?”

Damn, his face! If it was any other person, you would have hauled your back to the safety of your own home. Actually, if it were any other person, you would have locked your window and said goodnight as opposed to doing any of this.

You sighed and nodded with a slight smile.

Kris readjusted his hand around yours, making sure you two were secure around each other. You both followed the trail. Of course, Kris knew where he was going, but you didn’t. Every snap, every whistle that came to your ear made you flinch.

SNAP!

The loudest crack slammed into your ear and you jumped with a screech. “AHH!” You felt yourself shaking until you were instantly warmed by Kris wrapping his arms around you. In your scare, you ended up burying your face into Kris’s chest for safety.

You panted, waiting for your heartbeat to go back to normal. Kris just laughed into your hair. He hushed you. “Hey, I’m here, okay? It’s only a little bit further. I won’t let anything hurt you.”

Once again, you believed him. After that, you decided to put your doubt about trusting him behind you. He proved he was worthy of your trust by doing so little.

The remainder of the walk was quiet. Kris kept his arm protectively around you, and you kept a secure hold on the hem of his shirt to make sure you wouldn’t lose him. After another minute of walking, you reached a small bonfire on an abandoned (or maybe private) beach. There were more people around the fire who cheered as Kris arrived.

Kris slipped out of your grasp as he greeted the others. You stood behind by the end of the trail, rubbing your shoulders. You didn’t know who to respond to any of this.

“Kris!” One boy with a deep voice called. “You left your lady friend…”

Kris smiled towards you and held out his hand, motioning for you to join them. You slowly made your way to him. He took your hand in his.

”__________-ah, these are my friends.” He pointed to each of them. “Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai are from here in Korea and LuHan, here, is from China.”

Your ears perked up. LuHan was from China? If he was friends Kris, then he must be somewhat rich, too, right? And if he was the son of a Chinese CEO, then he might be your fiance! The only problem was that you didn’t remember seeing him at all last night, plus the slight problem of Kris being here. What if LuHan really was your fiance?

The thought shuttered through your head, and you ignored it. You smiled passed your face mask. Kris rolled his eyes and tugged the covering down.

You squeaked in surprise as your face was now exposed.

“Ahh!” LuHan pinched your cheek. “She’s so cute, Kris!”

Chanyeol took at peek at your mask. “Hey, I have this mask, too!” Kai and Sehun just giggled along with their friends. You blushed once more. Kris squeezed your shoulder lightly as he noticed your change in expression.

To be honest, you were quite flattered. You hadn’t spent time around this many people in a while. You laughed along with them and sat in between Kris and LuHan as they took out marshmallows to start roasting.

**

“YAH!” Sehun punched Kai in the shoulder just as Kai shoved his marshmallow directly in the fire. “Now I have to start all over again!”

“What?!” You waved your fingers for the burnt piece of sugar. “That’s the best part—give it to me!”

Chanyeol’s mouth gaped open. “That’s your sixth marshmallow already! Kris, control your woman!”

His woman has a name.” You stuck your tongue out before nibbling on the sweet treat.

Kris just laughed at your new connection with his friends. He kissed your forehead lightly, ignoring everyone’s hoot and howls at the skinship. You covered your face with your hands to keep from them seeing you blush again but it didn’t work at all.

You felt something vibrate against your side. “Damn.” Kris sighed. He took his phone out of his pocket and left the group to answer his call.

This was your opportunity to talk to LuHan while everyone was distracted with their own things.

“LuHan-sshi, you’re from China?”

“Yup.” He answered with a smile. “I travel back and forth with my mom. We own a few bakeries here in Seoul, so we often visit to check on business. I met Kris, Kai, Sehun, and Chanyeol because their parents own stock in Mom’s business.”

You nodded, still eating your marshmallow. “It wasn’t hard making friends here? Or keeping in touch with people at home?”

“Not at all!” LuHan gave a wide grin. “My girlfriend travels with us when we have to. She would have come tonight, but she wasn’t feeling well.” He shrugged. “Next time though! I would love for you to meet her.”

Ahh, girlfriend. So he wasn’t your fiance. While you were at it, there had to be more information you could get out about Kris. You turned your attention to the three other boys.

“So what can you tell me about Mr. Mysterious over there?” You swallowed the rest of your treat.

“Oh, Kris?” Kai smirked. “Total stiff. You should dump him; I’ll take you out tomor—AISSH!” He hissed at Sehun as he poked Kai in the neck. “That was unnecessary!”

“Stop telling her lies about hyung!” Sehun glared. You giggled. “Kris hyung is a nice guy. We usually come out here when he visits from Canada.”

“Canada?”

Sehun nodded. “His parents travel a lot, and they own homes in Canada, Seoul, and China.”

Well, that little detail didn’t slip past you for a second. But then you remembered that he was from Canada not China. He couldn’t be your fiance either. After ruling him out, you shook your head.

“He’s a good guy.” Chanyeol chimed in.

“Yeah, and he always means well.” LuHan agreed. “I can’t remember the last time he brought a girl to us. And he must trust you if he left you here with Kai—”

“You guys are so mean to me!” Kai whined.

Kris returned looking upset. “One of the maids busted me and said I should get home before my dad wakes up. He’s not gonna be happy if I’m not there. Sorry, guys.”

You stood up and grabbed his hand first, surprising him. Kris gave your hand a light squeeze before waving everyone goodbye. They all pouted as you both disappeared back into the forest.

**

The walk back to your house was quiet. Kris still kept your fingers entwined. You sighed as you could see the mansion in plain sight. This was the final part of your night, and it was already six in the morning.

Kris motioned for you to depart back up to your room. You stood in front of him; he looked down at his shoes.

It was uncharacteristic of what you knew you were about to do. Softly, you pushed Kris against the wall with your fingers. He looked at you, waiting for you to speak.

You felt the softness of his shirt in between your fingers. You left your pointer finger tracing the his collar, up his neck and to his lips.

“I don’t know.” You mumbled.

“Hm?”

“I don’t know…” You whispered. “Why I trust you so much.”

Kris took your hand and placed it around his neck. “Is that a bad thing?”

“B-But your fiance—”

“Is not my fiance yet.” He rested his forehead on yours. “Don’t worry about it, okay?”

You sighed. There was no way you could mention your arranged marriage now. In fact, you didn’t think it was possible to even confess it in the slightest. In this short amount of time, you’d already grown attached to this alluring stranger. And it was obvious he was equally attached to you as well.

“Can I see you tomorrow?” Kris asked.

Instead of answering, you kissed him softly. Obviously, that meant yes.