Chapter 22

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

« So what do you wanna do ? » Chanyeol asked, slipping a cold can of lemonade against your cheek before sitting by your side on the bench.

 

You grabbed the metallic bottle and stared at it without opening it. You weren't even thirsty but Chanyeol insisted so much to buy you something to drink that you had finally accepted to have a lemonade so he wouldn't be upset. You sighed and looked at him.

 

« You know...You're not forced to do this, Chanyeol. » You said, feeling a little bit uncomfortable. « It's ok, we can go back to school. »

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and opened his soda with a sigh. God, you were such a killjoy ! Couldn't you just shut up and enjoy the moment ? He was doing this for you and all you were doing was complaining. On the way to the supermarket, you kept on repeating that celebrating your birthday wasn't necessary , that Chanyeol didn't have to do this, that you should go back to school instead, and bla bla bla...

Of course Chanyeol wasn't forced to skip school. He wasn't forced to try to make you have a nice day either or being caring. That's right, he had absolutely no obligations at all ! But since when people had to be forced to be nice towards each others ? What was so bad with celebrating a birthday ? He wanted you to have a great day and you weren't going to stop him.

 

« What makes you think I'm forcing myself ? » He cut your off, shaking his head. «  I actually want to be here with you today. I really do, and your protests won't change anything, so pace yourself. »

 

On theses wise words, he loudly gulped down some soda. Well... if he said so.You sighed and opened yours, giving up on the situation. This kid was too stubborn to fight anyway.

It was early in the morning and since he wasn't allowing you to go back in class, you had nothing to do. You looked around the small park where you were sitting in. It was so quiet and peaceful. Little ray of sunshine were softly heating your face and wind was making the tree leafs slowly dancing. It was a sunny and warm morning, just like you liked them. As your eyes were wandering in the park, you noticed an ice-cream stand next to a playground for children.

 

« Oh ! Do you want some ice-cream ? » Chanyeol worriedly asked, spotting you looking at the stand. « Which flavour ? Chocolate ? Vanilla ? Medium size ? »

 

He was staring at you with big eyes, his hand already on the wallet slipped into the pocket of his school uniform. You immediately put a hand on his shoulder and made him sit down.

 

« No,no ! » You firmly refused, shaking your head. « Stay here, I'm not hungry. »

 

Chanyeol nodded and sat down. A caring smile crossed his face.

 

« Alright... But if you want something, just ask. »

 

You nodded and awkwardly tasted your lemonade. Of course you weren't going to ask him anything. You felt already bad to make him skip school and buy you stuff, so you definetely weren't going to take advantage of the situation ! But if you were protesting now he would get angry and start to argue, so you just silently nodded.

You both remained silent for a moment, enjoying the refreshing morning's wind. Today was going to be a nice day, you could feel it. After few minutes, Chanyeol tilted his head to the side and gently poked your shoulder.

 

« So, what do you want to do ? » He asked with a genuine smile.

« Hum... » You simply shrugged. « I don't know. »

 

Chanyeol frowned. How come you didn't know ? He sighed and put an arm around your shoulders as he looked at you with playful eyes. This sudden action made you jump on your seat and almost made you choked with your lemonade. What the hell was he doing ?

 

« Oh come on ! It's your birthday ! There must be something you're dying to do ! »

 

You awkwardly gulped. Not because of the question but because of the physical contact that you weren't expecting at all. Chanyeol, weird Chanyeol... He wasn't being romantic or anything, but this was so sudden and it took you by surprise. You gave him a weird face expression, but he ignored it or didn't seem to notice it.

 

«  Tell me what you want to do, and we'll do it ! »

 

His arm was still there. On your shoulders. Like it was the most normal thing on Earth. Gently shaking you, he lifted an eyebrow and waited for your answer with a smile.

Being briskly fascinated by your can, you stared at it to avoid looking at his eyes. That guy was surely really « friendly » and in a very unpredictable way.

Even if you were a little bit uncomfortable, you took the time to think about what you could do today. What did you want to do ? Since you had thought you'd spend your birthday alone, you didn't make any hypothetical plans. What you had wanted to do was getting home, enjoying cheesy movies and eating cakes. But now that Chanyeol was with you, you felt like this sounded horribly boring. You didn't want to go home anymore and spend your day like a loner. The fact that you were now with someone was changing everything.

 

« I don't know. » You confessed, rolling the can between your hands. « Something exciting maybe ? »

 

It was the first time you were skipping school. You felt a little bit uncomfortable and somewhat guilty for being outside. You should be studying right now and not hanging around. But Chanyeol was right. Today was your birthday ! Taking a day off wasn't a crime, right ?

You didn't really know what you were thinking of when you said « something exciting ». All you knew was that you wanted to have an memorable day. Chanyeol frowned and removed his arm from your shoulder to roll up his sleeves. You looked at him with a raised eyebrow as he stood up and started to pace. Putting his hands on his back, he walked in front of you with a concerned expression on his face. So you wanted something exciting …?

 

« Hum... Let me think about it. » He mumbled, typing his fingers against his lower lips.

 

You looked at him without saying anything, drinking your lemonade.

 

« We could... We could go on a trip ! »

 

A trip ? You gave him the weirdest look as he was getting more and more enthusiastic.

 

«  Let's be adventurous ! We...We'd take the train for an unknown destination ! We'd go to the beach !»

« The beach ? » You repeated, not convinced at all.

«  Yes, the beach ! We'd collect nice seashells ! »

« You want to take the train to collect seashells ? » You asked, not knowing if he was being serious.

 

He nodded with a dumb smile.

 

« Yes ! That'd be awesome ! Wait... no ?» He asked, looking at the strange face you were making. « No...No seashells ?  »

 

You started to laugh. He was such a kid. Seriously ? Seashells ? Chanyeol pinched his lips, frustrated. You wanted something exciting, yes or not ? Seashells were fun ! What was wrong with you ?

 

« Ah Chanyeol... » You said with a smile. « I think going on a trip is maaaaybe a little bit too much... »

 

Chanyeol sighed and he kept on silently walking, deeply thinking of what you could do together instead. You really were a killjoy... Aimlessly walking, Chanyeol wondered what you could do.

 A trip ? You didn't want to. Cinema ? Too common. The Karaoke ? Too typical. A bar ? You were both under-aged. Chanyeom kept on searching before suddenly stopping walking and snapping his fingers.

 

« Let's go to the amusement park then ! » He suggested with a bright smile. « Let's go to Lotte World ! »

 

Lotte World was the world biggest amusement park and also one of the most expensive. The idea was great, you loved amusement parks ! But, there was a « but »...You winced.

 

« I don't have enough money for this. » You apologized, poorly shrugging.

 

It was now Chanyeol's turn to laugh. He crossed his arms and made a mocking smile.

 

« Oh because you thought you'd pay ? » He made fun of you. « It's your birthday, don't forget it. »

 

You shook your head. Oh no. Not this again !

 

« No ! I have to pay too if we do something ! » You protested. « It wouldn't be fair ! »

 

He made a step in your direction and stopped just in front of you. Since you were still sitting on the bench, you were seeing him from a low-angle shot. Adding this to his impressive height, it felt like Chanyeol was getting older and more authoritarian. A little impressed, you immediately looked away.

 

« It's the man's duty to pay when he's with a lady. » He declared with a deep and serious voice, looking straight into your eyes, before cracking up a cheesy smile.

 

For one second, you sweared you heart had sped up. The look he gave you at that moment combined to his low deep voice was just... brrr... awkward and disturbing. You tried to hide your unexplained embarrassement with a weird and obviously fake laugh.

 

« I don't want to sound inquisitive, but I really doubt you have enough money for two tickets. » You said, putting your can on the bench before crossing your arms and leaning against it. « It's really expensive ! »

 

Chanyeol dramatically rolled his light brown eyes and took his wallet with a sigh. He shook it in front of your eyes before opening it.

 

« That's where you are wrong, young lady. With our concerts, we gain a lot of money. More than you'd thought. And guess what ? I have enough for u- Oh... »

 

The face Chanyeol made at this moment explained everything. Looking at his cash, his smirk faded away in a second. Hum... this was quite embarrassing His face suddenly turned red as he nervously closed the wallet and put it back on his pocket without a word and sat back on the bench. Shame was written all over his face. He obviously hadn't enough money for two.Chanyeol hid his face with his hands and looked at his shoes. What a bad gentleman he was doing ! He felt so ashamed and stupid that he couldn't even look at you in the eyes. You bit your lips and put a hand on his shoulder without saying anything. The silence was becoming heavy and awkward. You tried to find something smart to say but nothing came so you removed your hand from his shoulder and stood up. Not enough money ? That was ok ! Since when amusement was something you were supposed to buy ? Seoul was big and lively enough to make your day interesting. You put your bag on your shoulder and looked at Chanyeol.

 

« Well... We have all day to figure out what we'll do. » You said with a confident voice. « Let's take a walk and maybe we'll found something exciting to do. »

 

Chanyeol's eyes met yours. You gave him a warm smile and, even if he felt really embarrassed, the corner of his lips naturally lifted up and the fizziness in his eyes came back. Of course, you were going to have an awesome day ! It was the way it had to be !

 

[ Here's so background image/music. You can read without it of course, it's just a bonus n_n  ]

Chanyeol glued his hands and his face to the thick glass even if it was categorically forbidden to do so. He was fascinated by what was going on on the other side. His eyes were wide opened, just like a little child's. The blue lights were lightening his face as he kept on whispering to himself « Oh~Look at this one ! » every five seconds with a blissful smile. You never saw him so stunned by what he had under his eyes.

Being more sceptical, you stayed on the side, clinging to your bag. You nervously looked at the enormous glass, not feeling in security at all. It was huge and bigger than anything you had ever saw. You felt like a little dust compared to this ! This place was too quiet, too peaceful, too big for you. And that damn sonar noise wasn't helping. If it was there to set up the atmosphere, then well done ! You felt totally immersed and you didn't like that feeling of being so alone in the middle of a crowded area at all. You didn't like how calm it was here. It was disturbing. It was scary. Biting your lips, you taped your foot on the floor, not feeling comfortable.What the hell were you doing here, again ?

 

« Ch-Chanyeol ? » You begged with a weak voice. « Can we go now, please ? »

 

Chanyeol removed his face from the glass and looked at you with stars in the eyes to say the exact same thing for the third time.

 

« No ! Not yet ! » He replied with an infallible enthusiasm. « It's too beautiful to go yet. »

 

You sighed. This wasn't good. You nervously looked at a jellyfish who was slowly crossing the fish tank.

 

« I..I... But what if the glass break ? » You weakly asked, worriedly looking at the massive window.

 

How could that weak glass contain this huge mass of water ? The aquarium was ridiculously gigantic. Thousands of fishes were slowly dancing in the water. He was right. It was truly beautiful.But you couldn't trust that damn glass.

Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow.

 

« Why would it break ? It's really thick ! » He guaranteed you, knocking his finger against it and making you shuddered. «  Besides I thi-.. No wait ! Look at this fish ! »

 

He put his face back against the glass as you looked away, frustrated. Why, oh why, did you follow him ? You knew it from the beginning ! Skipping school was a bad idea. Following him was a bad idea. Getting here was a bad idea. You didn't care anymore of having a great birthday. What you wanted was to be out of this damn place. You played with your fingers, hopelessly waiting for him. You already been there for twenty minutes. What was there to see ? It was just water and the same ugly fishes over and over. What was so amazing with aquarium ?

 

« You should come closer. » Chanyeol said, looking at a big white fish approaching the glass.

 

You shook your head. Only on your dead body !

 

« Never. »

 

No, no and no !

You rocked back and forth on your feet, praying to be out of here soon. Too much water, way too much water... That wasn't exciting at all. This stupid aquarium was just scarring. You breathed heavily and closed you eyes, trying to stay calm.

 

«  Don't tell me you're afraid ? » Chanyeol joked.

 

You opened your eyes, offended.

 

« Of course not ! » You lied, trying to sound confident. «  What do you take me for ? »

 

He smirked and immediately grabbed your wrist, making you gasp.

 

« Eh ! Wh- »

« Then you should take a look at this ! » Chanteol cut you off pushing you against the glass. « Since you're not afraid. »

 

You didn't listen to a single words and struggled to make a step behind but your were blocked by his tall body. He was casually standing besides you, his arms on the glass. So here you were stuck between your worst nightmare, the aquarium, and the traitor, Park Chanyeol. This was a trap ! Your heart started to race. You were too close from water. What if the glass break ? What if you drown ? You breathed heavily to not let fear grow in you.

 

« Chanyeol, pleas- »

« This is a Japanese angelfish. It's really rare !  » He said, lost in his own thoughts. « But look how beautiful it is. »

« It's forbidden to touch the glass ! » You moaned, trying to use this as a pretext to move away.

« It's the first time I see one. » He said to himself.

« Chanyeol... » You sighed. «  We are not allowed to touch the gl- »

 

Lost in his world, Chanyeol unconsciously come closer to the glass, gently pressing you between it and him. Geez ! Was he even listening to you ? It looked like he was deep in his thoughts. His long fingers were busy drawing the fish's path on the glass. You couldn't see his face but you could easily imagine what type of expression he was doing, the kind you would only see on an innocent child's face. This guy was really surprising sometimes. What kind of people were so excited by a stupid aquarium ? How old were you Chanyeol ? Five ? And yet, this part of him touched you. He was so easily smiling, so easily amazed, so easily happy. He had the innocence and the spontaneity of the kindest hearts.

 

« It gradually becomes blue and purple. See, his fins are yellow. Curious, isn't it ? »

 

Your heart was hammering against your chest. You wanted.. no, you needed to go.

You could feel his body against yours and the physical contact made you feel really uncomfortable and you couldn't even say if it was in a good or bad way. His warm breath was tickling your neck. You didn't what was bothering you anymore now. The aquarium or him ? You tried to focus and not let your mind misbehave.You spotted the purple one he was talking about and you had to admit, it looked beautiful. What was its name again ? Japanese angelfish ? You were hardly trying to think in a consistent way. And because standing behind you wasn't awkward already, Chanyeol put his head on your right shoulder and whispered loud enough for you to hear him saying with a deep voice :

 

« Don't be afraid, ok ? I'm right here. »

 

You stopped breathing.

Oh no...

Not good.

Not good at all.

You didn't like that little « badum » your heart was making.

You didn't like it at all.

What was that sudden feeling ? Your heart wasn't supposed to speed up and your cheeks shouldn't burn like this.Wh-What the hell was happening ?

You mumbled something, not even sure if you were saying proper words. Damn it. Damn it. The water, there were too much water to think... Your heart was pounding against your chest for a reason you ignore. Before it was too late, you made a step on the left and managed to escape from him.

 

« E-enough with the fish ! » You mumbled, looking away. « I..uh.. I'm hungry, buy me something to eat. »

 

You didn't even wait for him to answer and started to walk toward the exit. Thank Good, this dumb aquarium had blue lights.

That way, Chanyeol couldn't noticed your cheeks were on fire.