Chapter 18

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

 It had only been ten minutes that you and the three girls came in, and you already regretted following them. The bar's showroom was quite small, and everyone was packed in front of the empty stage, waiting for the band to show up. People were talking very loudly, singing and laughing, reminding you of a hen house and you felt like you weren't supposed to be here. You accepted to stay for the first song, after which you would leave.

From what you understood, the Rolling Buffalo was a band composed of three members : the main rapper « Happy Virus », the main vocalist « D.O » and the main dancer « The Maknae ». Three boys, three talents. Even though you never heard about this band, seeing so many people anticipating for their show was surprising.

Since the show wasn't starting, you escaped from the three girls' hold to go to the toilets. After all the tears you cried earlier, you seriously needed to renovate your face. Mascara must have run down your cheeks , making you look like a panda. That musn't had been pretty to watch. You made your way through the crowd, looking for the ladies room. Since you couldn't find any notice or sign, you asked the direction to the barman who was lazily polishing a glass with a towel.

 

«  Excuse me !» You asked, over the bar. « Where can I find the toilets ? »

 

The old man looked at you and frowned.

 

«  What ? » He cried to cover the noise.

 

He couldn't hear over the crowd and the music. You sighed and repeated louder and slower.

 

«  The toilets ? »

 

He man nodded and started to mumble something. Not hearing anything, you just looked at the direction he was indicating with his hands. When he finished, you thanked him and left. The way he showed you was leading to a stair. You rolled your eyes, not ready for a physical effort. You lazily went up the stairs. Once upstairs, you arrived in a deteriorated hallway. Old posters were hanging from the wall, empty beer bottle were strewing the floor and dust was forming small ball in the corners. So « Rock'n'Roll » you sarcastically thought. You noticed a small sign on the wall with the words « Staff Only » written on it. Since the hallway was empty, you decided to not care of the indication. That was the way given by the barman himself, it must have been the right place then.

Since you hadn't heard what he told you, you had to find the right door on your own. You tried your luck and opened the first door on the left. Bingo ! It was the toilets. You ironically smiled. The only luck you managed to have tonight was to find the toilets. How cool. You closed the door and walked directly to the washbasin, passing row of individual toilet. As expected, the resemblance with an ugly panda was striking. Your eyes were surrounded by black mascara, emphasizing the bags under your eyes, and the pallor of your face was scary. As a monster, you were absolutely delightful. No wonder why people were giving you weird looks earlier. The stain on your dress was gaudier than you thought. You tried to apply water on it but nothing changed, the dress was ruined. Since you couldn't save your outfit, maybe you could save your face. Risky challenge since you were looking like a zombie. You sighed and opened your bag to take some cotton. You removed the extra make up and tried to fix the disaster. After a moment of deep concentration, you managed to make you look tolerable. You ran a hand in your greasy hair and tried to tie them in a messy bun. Done ! You were still ugly but that was better.

Satisfied, you were putting your things back in your bag when a door opened. You automatically raised your head and looked by the mirror who was there. You let a piece of cotton fall when you recognized the guy wearing the shining jacket coming out of the toilet. Even though you knew anything about him or his band, you were excited to be in the same room as the rapper of the Rolling Buffalo. He was quite famous, after all.

But, wait... Wasn't here the ladies' section ? He may was in a cool band, he wasn't very crafty. The three girls' faces popped up in your mind and you took note to tell them everything later. They would never believe you !

You quietly spied on him. He was adjusting his pants, slowly coming out of individual toilet. Somewhat, and as strange as it could be, you felt like you knew him. For some reason, he was reminding you of someone, but you couldn't put the finger on « who ». He was really tall and very slim. His head was down as he did something with his belt, keeping you from seeing his face. From what the girls told you, « Happy Virus » was handsome and it roused your curiosity. Impatience grew in you, you wanted to see what he was like. Playing with cotton, you kept on observing him silently. His light brown hair were tied in a ponytail and the gold color of his jacket was reflecting the light. He had a nice figure, let's hope the face was worthy his reputation.

A low complaint about his belt broke the silence. You blinked, surprised. Crazy how his voice sounded just like Chanyeol's ! It was as deep and as velvety as his. Or maybe was it just an impression ? Yes, probably. You chased the thought. That would be impossible.

The guy walked towards you, his head still down. Looked like he hadn't notice you yet. He kept on talking to himself, trying to fix his belt. Maybe was it time to let him know he wasn't alone. You pinched your lips and coughed.

He immediately raised his head, about revealing his face, when the main door opened at the same time, covering your cough and catching the Happy Virus' attention.

A guy with really big eyes and also wearing a shining jacket stood in the door frame, out of breath.

 

« The show is about to start. » He said. « It's time to go !  »

 

The Happy Virus nodded.

 

« Let's go ! » He replied before walking towards the exit.

 

Ah...so close ! You sighed and closed your bag. You were just about to finally see what he was looking like ! Guess you would have to wait until the beginning of the show... You turned back, ready to leave, when you noticed that the guy who opened the door was still there and was looking at you. You were just the two of you.You frowned but kept on walking.

 

« That's the boys toilets. » He just said with a smirk.

 

On theses words, the guy left.

You stopped to take the time to understand what he just said. So this was the male section ? Not the female's one ? Oh... You facepalmed, feeling suddenly stupid, and your face turned red. Well, hum... whatever ! This kind of things were happening all the time, didn't they ? There was nothing to be embarrassed of.... You awkwardly coughed and pulled yourself together. Yeah, wathever ! You sighed and quickly walked out of the toilets before someone else caught you.

 

 

« Ah you're here ! The show is about to start ! » Jena, the blonde one, exclaimed, grabbing your arm to pull you closer to them in the front row. « I'm so excited ! »

 

You smiled back but didn't say anything. All you had to do was to be patient. Just one song and you would be free. Just one song and you could go home.

The lights suddenly went off, making the crowded immediately heating up. Fans were screaming, all of a sudden electrified. It was like a rush of adrenaline ! Everyone was getting impatient and enthusiastic while you just awkwardly stood there, waiting. You could see shadows silently moving on the stage and getting ready for the concert.

Ugh, hurry up ! You crossed your arms, still sceptical about the Rolling Buffalo. All you hoped was that the first song would be short because you weren't in the mood for a long and annoying performance.

You felt something squeezed your arm. One of the girls you met was holding you. You lifted an eyebrow and looked at her. She was observing the half-light stage with glowing eyes.

 

«  It's about to start ! » She giggled.

 

And straight away, the music started. A jazzy guitar sound resounded quickly followed by a really soft and nice voice. [x]

 

«  She's my baby~ »

 

The light slowly , revealing the guy with big eyes who talked to you in the toilets standing on the stage. You could feel your cheeks turning red while you remembered your previous « conversation ». But the embarrassement disappeared along with the song. Surprisingly, you were captivated by the beauty of the song and the guy's incredible voice. That guy knew how to sing !

 

« Nog-a beolin chyoko latte~ »

 

You were like hypnotized and couldn't take your eyes off of the stage. It was like falling in love with a song. All the frustration, anger, sadness you felt tonight just vanished. You forgot everything thanks to the song.

Snapping back into reality, you felt Jena looking at you. You exchanged a knowing look.

 

«  Do you like it ? » She asked with a smile.

«  Yes ! » You answered, looking back at the stage.

«  This one is D.O, he's the main singer. » She explained.

 

D.O... Well that D.O was really talented ! Let's hope the two others members were as good as him. The song kept on playing and you surprised your head moving along with the rhythm.

 

«  He's an awesome singer. » You exclaimed.

« Yes, he is. »

 

You closed your eyes to enjoy even more the performance.

 

« Don’t be too late~ »

 

And in a blink of an eye, the song ended. The crowd, delighted, clapped with enthusiasm. You joined all the applause without even forcing yourself. D.O bowed with an awkward smile. When he was not singing, he was looking a little bit lost. And his big eyes weren't helping.

One of the three girls leaned over you.

 

«  So, are you staying ? » She asked.

 

As much as you wanted to sleep, you sighed, defeated.

 

«  Yes. » You replied with a smile. « I'm staying. »

 

The first song convinced you to stay and the Rolling Buffalo were promising. Actually, it looked like a sane band. Nothing satanic or creepy like you had thought.

The girl giggled and patted your back.

 

«  Wise decision ! » She commented.

 

D.O, who was alone on the stage, was joined by another guy. The second member was also wearing a shining jacket and looked somewhat... bored or not very happy. Unlike D.O who was nervously smiling, that one was expressionless He casually walked towards the center of the stage and waited.

 

«  That's the Maknae, the main dancer. » Jena whispered.

 

You took note of what she said and carefully looked at him. Some exotics called his name, catching his attention. A small smile lightened his face and he shyly put his hands near his cheeks to do some « buing buing », making the fans go insane.

You couldn't help but laugh. Looked like behind his pokerface was hidden a shy little boy.

A second song started to play. It was as soft and calm as the first one. [x] You could feel this was going to be good. D.O grabbed the mic while the Maknae silently started to dance.

 

«  Girl, I can't explain what I feel~ »

 

Wow ! The Maknae was the best dancer you have ever seen of your life. His moves were smooth but sharp. You could see years of training behind them, and natural talent of course. He looked concentrated and didn't smile once. It was like he was in his own bubble. Were all the members so talented ?

 

«  I lost my mind~ »

 

D.O was singing with passion while the Maknae was dancing with confidence. The crowd was singing every words in harmony with the singer, encouraging both of the members. There was a nice energy coming from the audience. You shook your head along with the song, enjoying the performance. The lights were weakly lighting up the stage, giving a intimate feel to the show. Time flew and sadly, the song ended. Once again, the public warmly clapped the two members. They both awkwardly thanked the audience.

 

«  Is everyone having fun ? » D.O asked with the mic.

 

The crowd cheerfully answered « Yes », making him smile. It was the time for the third song to follow up. You were exprecting something smooth and jazzy when the lights suddenly got more powerful and a loud voice broke the cosy feel of the show.

 

«  AYO WASSUUUUP ! »

 

You frowned at the weird change. One minute ago, it was so warm and intimate and now... It was getting a rap aura. Not that you dislike rap. But this was just... unexpected.

The fans suddenly got back to life and started to scream like there was no tomorrow.

 

«  What's happening ? » You asked, slightly confused.

 

One of the girl turned towards you.

 

«  Happy Virus is coming ! » She exclaimed, getting super excited.

 

A really different song started to play. [x] D.O heated the audience by putting his hands up and screaming « Eh ! » in the mic, while the Maknae was dancing fiercely. Even if the rapper hadn't shown yet, the fans were on fire. ( Chanyeol's power -> Fire...(☞゚∀゚)☞ )

 

. « Let's get closer to the stage ! »

 

The girl grabbed your hand and pulled you just in the front row. There were absolutely nothing between the stage and you now. It gave you the opportunity to see the members from closer, and they were actually handsome.

The rap part finally started and the third member popped up on the stage, making the crowd scream.

 

«  That's him ! » Jena said, going crazy.

 

You recognized the guy you bumped into on the street and saw on the toilets. It was finally the time to know what he looked like ! You played with your fingers, feeling all of a sudden impatient and curious. But for the moment, he was having his back to the stage so you couldn't see his face.

When the first words escaped from his mouth, the weird sensation came back. It felt like you knew this voice. But that was ridiculous, you never met him ! How could you know his voice then ? His low voice started to rap with confidence. It was like he had done this his entire life. It may sounded stupid, but this guy had « swag ».

On the background, D.O was jumping and putting his hands up in the air. Sometimes, he was joining the Happy Virus and was rapping with him. Meanwhile, Sehun was dancing his heart out. So theses three guys were the famous Rolling Buffalo. Well, they weren't that bad ! They were actually pretty good ! You surprised yourself jumping along with the fans and laughed at yourself.

Fianlly, the chorus came and for the first time the Happy Virus turned back to look at the audience. It was now time to know ! He casually walked to get closer from the fans and stopped right in front of you. Your eyes impatiently travelled to his face and...

 

«  EEEEH ? » You screamed, your jaw dropping and your eyes fully widening.

 

Your heart dropped and you felt like you were violently slapped in the face. Was this a joke ?

 

«  Is everything ok ? » Jeanna asked, frowning.

 

She noticed you weren't moving anymore. You were petrified and pale, just like a statue.

You ignored her question, too shocked to speak.

 

«  Wh-What the hell ? » You whispered.

 

You blinked, you mind being a total blank. How was it possible ? It must have been a mistake ! A joke ! An impostor ! Maybe he had a twin brother, maybe he had a double, maybe you were more drunk than you thought, maybe... because this was freaking impossible !

While your mind was a complete battlefield, the rapper of the Rolling Buffalo kept on doing his thing without noticing you.

 

«  Two Moons ~Two Moons~ »

 

Your eyes travelled on his body. H-How ? HOW ?!

Covering your mouth with your hand, you still couldn't realise Happy Virus was him What was that witchcraft ? That was unbelievable and totally impossible ! Dazed, you were unable to say a word. It was like you were seeing a ghost.

Theses girls were right, you were mind blown..

 

« Hey, are you ok ? » Jena insisted. « You're really pale ! »

 

She gently shook your arm, but there were no responds. Your eyes were glued on him, being totally spaced out.You had to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming.

How the was that possible ? HOW ? You knew him enough to know that this was completely imp- wait.... Wait ! Didn't he mention once he had activities outside school ? You frowned. Yes, but he meant football or something like that, didn't he ? No-Not that !

 

«  Two Moons ~ Two Moons ! »

 

Besides, it couldn't be him. Oh come on ! The one you knew wasn't that good-looking. And he didn't have confidence either. The one you knew was weird and awkward, not a goddam rapper in a cool band. Where was his cracked smile ? What happened to his puffy hair ?

You blinked several time and rubbed your eyes. This wasn't making any sense ! If he was in a famous band, people at school would have known, right ? Theses things can't be hidden forever.

Getting your voice back, you turned towards Jena to clarify something.

 

«  What's his name ? » You asked, pointing a finger at him.

 

She frowned. Didn't she already tell you ?

 

«  Happy Virus. » She said.

«  No, his real name ! » You asked, being dead-serious.

 

She glanced at him and then back at you.

 

« I don't know, we only know their stage name. » She apologized.

 

You sighed and looked back at the stage.

 

«  Why ? » She hesitated.

« Just being curious. » You mumbled.

 

You kept on observing him performing. His aura was so different from the one you knew. It was like you were in front of another person. Some people said that stage was the place where people were revealing themselves. Was it his case ?

Happy Virus kept on doing his show, rapping with a badass attitude. His voice totally matched the vibe of the song and, as shocked as you were, you had to admitt he was talented.

 

«  Tteona oneul bame ~ tteona oneul bame »

 

That was freaking crazy. You observed him gliding on stage, his face lightened up by the spotlights. If you weren't seeing it with your own eyes, you wouldn't have believed it.

Casually singing, Happy Virus crossed the stage with energy. Being on the front row, you wonder how he hadn't noticed you yet. You were just in front of him ! Just under his eyes ! So he was still that clueless ?

Feeling the end of the song coming, the rapper stopped in the middle of the stage. Tonight's public was on fire and he didn't want to end this moment. His performance here, with D.O and the Maknae were what he cherished the most. It was his drug, his energy, his passion. But all the good things came to an end, right ? And this song was about to end.

Glancing a last time at the audience, the Happy Virus was about to sing the last lyrics of the song when his heart skipped a beat. The words suddenly got stucked on his throat and he involuntarily dropped his mic on the floor, creating interferences.

 

 « Oh ... » He whispered as soon as his eyes landed on you.

 

Uh-oh. Chanyeol had finally seen you. 

__________________________