Chapter 10

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

As far as D.O could tell, Chanyeol, Sehun and him had always been friends. He couldn't remember exactly how and when their friendship started, because he felt like Yeollie, as he liked to call him, and Sehun had always been a part of his life. They were like brothers. They shared everything together, their activities, their friends, their flat. Everything.

But recently, D.O felt like something had changed. Something dealing with Chanyeol.

Yeollie was still the same, but D.O had this weird feeling deep inside, like a presentiment. He didn't know exactly what is was, but he was determined to soon find out.

That night, like many nights before, Chanyeol was late. He used to come home earlier, but he recently took this bad habit to come home late. And it was seriously getting on D.O's nerves.

He waiting for him, in front of the T.V, trying to figure out what was keeping him from coming home, when he heard the keyhole being finally unlocked.

 

«  Hi ! » Chanyeol cheered, passing the door and taking off his shoes.

«  Ayo, Yeollie ! » Sehun exclaimed from his bedroom.

 

Sehun looked at his watch. Freaking 9 p.m

 

« Where were you, Chanyeol ? » D.O coldly asked.

 

Oh, bad sign... When D.O wasn't calling Chanyeol « Yeollie », it meant something was wrong.

He turned back on the sofa, to see his friend. Chanyeol was undoing the tie of his school uniform (Can we just take a second to think about this dhdjshfdshfs), throwing his bag on the ground.

 

«  I was at the library. » He replied, tired.

«  The library ? » D.O repeated, raising an eyebrow.

 

Chanyeol walked towards the fridge and opened it, looking for something to drink.

 

«  Yeah. I have this school project. » He vaguely answered, taking a soda.

 

D.O crossed his arms.

 

«  This stupid project is taking all your free-time, Chanyeol. » He angrily noticed.

 

Chanyeol sighed. He shut the fridge's door and joined D.O on the sofa.

 

«  D.O, it's for school. »

 

D.O wasn't impressed.

 

«  And ? You would never sacrifice so much time for a damn school project before. »

 

Chanyeol frowned. Why was he acting like this ? Did something happen ?

 

«  What is it Umma ? » He started to joke, trying to lighten the atmosphere. « Why are you being like this ? »

«  Stop it.» D.O replied, not amused at all.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened. Looked like someone wasn't in a good mood. D.O may be shorter than Chanyeol, but that didn't mean he hadn't temper. Chanyeol silently drank his soda, thinking of what he did wrong. He did the laundry, went to the supermarket and it was Sehun's turn to take the take the garbage out. So what was the problem ?

 

«  Yah ! Sehun ! Why is D.O mad at me ? » He yelled, loud enough for Sehun to hear it from his room.

 

He was hopping he could get some help from his other bestfriend. D.O was the mature one, whereas Sehun was as crazy as Chanyeol was. They were the two kids, when D.O was the adult. When one was in trouble, the other was there to help.

A small head popped out from the door drame. Sehun wasn't in a happy mood either.

 

«  Yeollie, you didn't come today. » He said with a sad face.

 

Oh . Chanyeol closed his eyes. There is was, the reason why D.O was so angry.

He totally forgot that they had to meet after school today ! He was at the library with you instead.

 

«  It's not the first time you miss it, Chanyeol. » D.O retorted, his eyes not leaving the T.V screen.

 

 

Chanyeol felt so bad. How could he have forget about it ?

Theses meetings were the cement of their friendship. Chanyeol felt guilty. His friends were counting on him. And him ? He disappointed them and missed it for and because of you.

 

«  I'm sorry, guys. »

 

Sehun pinched his lips and shrugged, before going back to his bedroom, leaving D.O and Chanyeol alone.

D.O didn't reply.

 

«  Next time, I'll be there. » Chanyeol apologized, looking down. « I promise »

«  Yeah. You better be. » D.O dryly cut him off.

 

 

«  Ah ! I'm so late ! » You grumbled to yourself.

 

You woke up too late this morning, and since you missed your bus, you had to run. Thank God, school wasn't too far away from your home. But it was still annoying and painful to do. You never liked running.

You quickly looked at your watch. 5 minutes left, you could do it.

You slowed down when you finally perceived your high-school. Holding your rib, you were breathless, not used to run so fast. Few meters more, and you would be there. Next time, you would definitely not missed to wake up.

 

«  Come on ! » You mentally cheered yourself.

 

You were now about to get over the main door, glad to have made it on time, when someone popped up in front of you, blocking the entrance.

 

«  You're late ? » A familiar and yet irritating voice asked you.

 

You jumped of surprise and backed up. Kai, how surprising.

 

«  Yes, I am. Move ! » You cried with difficulties because of the previous running.

 

But that jerk didn't move an inch.He was right in the middle of the entrance. And of course, there were no other way to get into the school except by this door.

 

«  Kai. Please ! » You repeated, rolling your eyes.

 

You were among the latest students, so nobody was waiting behind you. You were the only one waiting for him to move.

Kai was still there,despite your complaints, with his arms crossed and a evil grin. That stupid boy was blocking the way and since the door wasn't large enough for two, you couldn't enter. You tried to squeeze in, but Kai moved along with you. You sighed, this was an unpleasant way to start the day.

 

«  Kai, I have to go to class. Move, please. » You whispered, already tired of his behaviour.

 

He bit his lips, obviously enjoying to make your life a hell so early in the morning. You moved aside, so did he. When you tried to move to the other, he was doing the same.

 

«  What the hell are you doing ? » You shouted, hitting him with your fist. « I'm going to be late ! »

 

Kai was still smirking, he had no intentions to let you cross the door. You facepalmed. That boy was such a pain the .

 

«  There is only two, wait no 1 minute left ! » You shouted, showing him your watch.

 

Kai was the type to show up in class after everyone. Maybe it wasn't a big deal for him, but it was for the good girl you were. You stopped fidgeting, crossed your arms and looked rights in his eyes. He wanted to play ? Fine. You weren't going to give him what he wanted : a reaction. You both at each other until the bell rang. Once the ringing stopped, he gently moved aside, letting the way free.

 

«  Have a nice day ! » He exclaimed, giving you a wink and walking away.

«  Yeah. You too, jerk. » You coldly retorted, before running to your class.

 

 

The lunch break finally came in, giving you the opportunity to relax a bit. This morning had been really intense because of your lateness and exams. You could not be happier to finally have the time to breath. Mina and Vicky were waiting for you at a table in the cafeteria. They were chatting and laughing a lot when you arrived.

 

«  What is so funny ? » You asked, sitting down.

 

Mina's cheeks were red and Vicky was clearing .

 

«  We were talking about boys. » Mina explained.

 

Oh not this again ! You held yourself from rolling your eyes. You still had the café thing rankled. As much as you loved your friends, if they dared to mention just once the name of Baekhyun or Kris, you would seriously punch them in the face.

 

«  Yes ! Oh look at this one ! » Vicky exclaimed, pointing her finger at a boy from her class. « Isn't he weird ? »

 

Mina laughed. The boy was sitting alone at a table. He playing a game on his phone, a sandwich wedged in his mouth.

 

«  You're right ! And what about him ? »

 

You silently judged them, opening your lunch box. So they were basically making fun of unpopular boys, right ?

 

«  No, he's cute. You should rather look at this one ! »

 

Seemed like a lot of fun... You silently started to eat, not really paying attention to what they were saying. You didn't really like to make fun of others people, not because it was mean, but because you were as uncool at them.

You kept on eating when you heard Chanyeol's name in the conversation.

 

«  And look at Chanyeol ! » Mina giggled.

 

You froze. The mention of his name was making you feel uncomfortable.

You caught a sight of him. He was eating with some guys and was being weird, as usual. He was bursting into laugh, slapping the table and making a creepy face expression.

 

«  He is really something, isn't it ? » Mina added.

 

You were now staring at your dish, not moving, afraid that your moves or something may betray you. Betray what ? You didn't know.

Vicky laughed.

 

«  Imagine him with a girl. Oh my God ! That would be so funny. » She replied, hitting her leg.

«  He is so weird. What kind of girl would date him ? » Mina sniggered.

 

You violently blushed. Soon, you were going to date him actually. You kept on silently listening to your friend's conversation. They were laughing to much to pay attention at you.

 

«  Something as weird as him, for sure ! » Vicky noticed.

 

You hardly swallowed. So that was what your bestfriends were thinking ? You were so screwed ! You couldn't imagine what they would think once you were going to date Chanyeol.

That was exactly why you were going to keep this relation secret. A month was short enough to kept things quiet. From the beginning, you knew you wouldn't put your relation with Chanyeol on display. But Mina an Vicky's reaction proved you that you really had to stick to it. Or else, you would be dead, so dead.

The hear of your name dragged out of your thoughts.

 

«  Hey ! Since you're his partner, you must know him enough to tell us funny things about him ! » Mina giggled, shaking your arm.

 

Your eyes widened. No, please don't ask me anything.

You quickly glanced at him and bit the inside of your cheek.

 

«  Well... He's pretty normal, you know. » You tried to say.

 

And right at this moment, Chanyeol decided to laugh so hard that everyone on the cafeteria heard him. His laugh was really loud, low and, of course, creepy. You closed your eyes. From all the moment he had to let out that inhuman sound come out of his mouth, why did he choose « now » ? Why ?

It made your friends laugh even more. You're not helping me Chanyeol !

 

«  No, seriously ! Tell us ! » Vicky insisted, whipping her eyes.

 

You played with your fingers. Don't say anything, and they would assume you were getting along well him him. And that was not what you wanted. You didn't wanted to be associated with him in any way. After the deal's end, you would never talk to him again.

Sure, he was a nice person and you had awkward but funny moment together. But, that didn't mean you had a special connection or anything. He was just a boy you had to seduce, he was just a deal.

 

«  He is obsessed with food. » You let out, after a moment.

 

And here you were, sailing all your memories for the price of general esteem.

Vicky made you sign to carry one.

 

«  And he's creepy. Really. Like, he becomes totally crazy when he eats ! Like this time when I had cookies in my bag. I barely knew him back then. But when he saw it... Oh my God !... »

 

And you kept talking and talking. Revealing to them all the weird and embarrassing moments your shared together. Moments that someday you would terribly miss.

 

__________________________