Happy Birthday

Filling An Empty Space

 

November! Dandandan! My favorite month of the year! Why? Because it's the month of my birthday! Of course I'm happy that I'm born in this planet, people around me are happy to because they get to witness such an amazing human walking on the face of the earth! Ha! Just joking...But even though it's my birthday this Sunday I'm actually sad. My parents would be away and won't comeback until Tuesday because of some important business meeting. I understand though because it's not always that they have to leave. I also found out that Dara's birthday is also in November so I'm thinking of what I should give her. My mom said not to worry about it because they’re gonna buy something for me and her during their trip.

 

 

 

Sunday came and everyone greeted in the house. I appreciated the little cake the helpers prepared for me. They’re like my second family already so I’m very thankful for having them. Dara also greeted me this morning, which made me really happy. I’m currently at the living room with my friends. Omma let them come here so that we can have a small get together. Everyone was so noisy, especially Bom and Seungri. Aigoo, I think even if I only have these two inside of my home it would still be like having all of my friends here because of their booming voices.

 

 

 

“Happy birthday hyung!” Daesung greeted and gave me his gift.

 

 

“Thanks!” Everyone followed and gave me their gifts.

 

 

“Come on blow the candles already!”

 

 

“Wait, he has to make a wish first!”

 

 

I closed my eyes and thought of my wish. What could I wish for? I already have everything and I could say I’m already contented with my life. So I just made a wish for the wellness of my family, friends and Dara. I opened my eyes and then blew the candles.

 

 

 

“Wooh! So what did you wish for?” Seungri asked eagerly.

 

 

“Of course he can’t say it or else it wouldn’t come true stupid!” Bom answered.

 

 

“Psshh you believe that crap noona?” he replied which made Bom pull him on the ear.

 

 

“Ouch noona!” He suddenly ran behind Dara and acted cute, which is very disgusting by the way! “Noona help me. Bominator is bullying me again…” he said then hugged her from behind. Dara didn’t know what to do and looked at me for help.

 

 

“I will give you 3 seconds to let go of Dara before I cut your arms off!” I glared at him.

 

 

He stuck his tongue out at me and continued hugging Dara. Okay that’s it! I charged at him which made him run for his dear life. No matter how hard he tried, I still got him and began to wrestle him.

 

 

 

“Will he be okay?” I heard Dara ask.

 

 

“Don’t worry noona, Seungri is used to the pain.” Daesung answered.

 

 

I could see Dara’s eyes widen with what she heard, “You mean you always do that to him?!”

 

 

“Yes noona! Help me! They always do this to me!” Seungri shouted at her while trying to break free from my grip.

 

 

“He’s just over reacting. He’s an attention , so don’t believe everything he says.” Jiyong said calmly. Dara nodded and just stared at me and Seungri. Though I like how Jiyong helped, I don’t like the fact that he placed his hand on Dara’s shoulder while he was explaining to her a while ago. Gahd what the hell is wrong with me?! Why am I like this over Dara?!

 

 

“Okay I surrender hyung! Please let go of me!” Seungri pleaded. And because it’s my birthday today and I’m ‘suppose’ to be kind, I freed the panda.

 

 

Suddenly Minzy and Chaerin came at me while holding my laptop. “Oppa we got a surprise for you!”

 

 

I took the laptop and saw that my parents are on screen. “Video chat?”

 

 

“Yes Seunghyun dear. We’re sorry we couldn’t make it on your birthday, so we just decided to do this.” Omma said.

 

 

 

I was speechless. My parents put an effort to be with me on my special day. Call me a wimp, but I actually became teary-eyed when I saw them and they started greeting me and telling me their messages. Good thing my friends weren’t able to see me or they would’ve laughed at me right now.

 

 

 

“Are you having fun?” my father asked.

 

 

“Of course appa!”

 

 

“How ‘bout you Dara?” my omma asked Dara who was standing beside me and watching the whole thing.

 

 

“I’m having fun also…”

 

 

“Good. Take care of yourselves while we’re not there, okay? We have to go now. Bye! Happy birthday again!”

 

 

“Thank you appa, omma! Bye!” I closed the laptop and hugged my friends. “Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?!”

 

 

“It wouldn’t be surprise anymore if we tell you…” Baby Minzy pouted.

 

 

“But at least you should’ve warned me so that I wasn’t taken by surprised like this…”

 

 

“Hahaha Seunghyun is about to cry already!” Youngbae teased.

 

 

I blushed, “Of course not! My eyes are always like this!”

 

 

“Dara where are you going?” I heard Bom asked. I saw Dara going upstairs already.

 

 

“I’m going to my room, I’ll rest for a while…” she said. Her face was again blank and unreadable.

 

 

“Do you want me to accompany you?”

 

 

“No thank you. I’ll be fine…” She said without looking back.

 

 

 

I’m worried about her. Is she not feeling well? Does she have a problem? I badly want to know, but I can’t just leave my friends here and go to her. Later…I’ll find time later.

 

~~~

 

When we we’re done with our little celebration. My friends went home but not before greeting me one last time.

 

 

Before he leaves, Jiyong told me something. “Hey hyung…uhmm..”

 

 

“What is it Jiyong?”

 

 

“Is Dara okay?”

 

 

“Why did you suddenly ask?” I asked suspiciously.

 

 

He let out a nervous laugh while scratching the back of his head, “Nothing, I just thought she looked sad earlier. Could you ask her then tell me if she’s alright?”

 

 

 

I think I know why he’s acting this way. Kwon Jiyong likes Sandara Park! I admit it, I’m happy that my friend likes somebody, but I’m not happy that it’s Dara. Don’t ask me why I’m feeling this way because I don’t know the answer either! 

 

 

 

“Uhm sure Ji, I’ll ask her later.”

 

 

“Thanks hyung. I’ll go now, happy birthday again!” I just nodded at him and closed the door as soon as he left. I then ran upstairs, stood in front of Dara’s room and knocked at her door. “Dara are you awake?”

 

 

She opened the door a little, “Is there something that you want Seunghyun-ssi?”

 

 

“Oh nothing, I was just checking if you’re okay, I mean…Ji is worried because you don’t look good earlier…”

 

 

“I’m fine…” she said with a smile. “I was just tired. Wait I almost forgot…” She left the spot and took something in her room. “Happy birthday…”

 

 

She was smiling brightly while handing me a box with a blue ribbon tied on it. My mouth fell as I was not expecting this. “Thanks…” I quickly opened it to reveal a very cool watch inside. “WOW! This is so awesome thank you very much!” I suddenly hugged her which took us both in surprise. I quickly let go and found ourselves blushing at my actions. “Uhm thanks again…”

 

 

“I’m happy that you like it. Happy birthday Seunghyun…” The way she said my name made me giddy. Yes, giddy is the term. I know it sounds so gay but I felt like a girl receiving a chocolate from her crush on Valentine’s day!...WTF am I saying?! I’m going crazy because of this! But this is probably the happiest birthday I have ever had. So for now I won’t think about why I feel this way with Dara, I’m just gonna enjoy this.

 

 



 

A/N: Sorry for the crappy filler chapter TT___TT