Saudade.

Saudade.

He sat at the window, watching the people walking on the avenue. His head was leaned against the window glass, with his eyes closed. He was tired. Really tired. Few people passed, walking near his window, and he was able to hear their footsteps outside. The house was so quite. He opened his eyes a bit, just to see outside the window. He was waiting for something, for someone.

He started to think about his past, his happy childhood when he used to play with some other boys who lived near his house. They were almost his age, and he remembered how they used to have fun together, living day by day, without anything to worry about. They were young, they were free. He has never felt alone, even if his parents died when he was very little and he had to live with his uncle. He wasn’t alone because his friends were with him. But then, something changed. They all grew up, and all his friends took different ways: Jongin had left the country with his best friend Sehun, Suho went to the army and Kyungsoo married a girl from another town. For the first time in his life, Baekhyun felt alone.

He sighed because remembering those things had made him sad, and then he closed his eyes again.

The room was really quiet, and he was able to hear the tick-tack of the clock coming from the other room. He was alone, he was lonely.

Baekhyun had tried to leave his home, more than once, but he had failed every single time. He had failed not because his uncle didn’t want to let him to go, of course not, Baekhyun was old enough to care about himself; the problem was him, his attachment to his home, the place were he was born and when he will probably die. Home! This word had began to turn in his head, and he kept repeting to himself what should I do, what should I do without actually find an answer. He was confused, tired and confused.

But, he thought, maybe this time i can leave this place, maybe he can save me from myself. Maybe, maybe he can change me. Baekhyun was even more confused, his head started to hurt and he clinged his fists, because now he was angry, angry with himself. Maybe he can take me to another place, to a beautiful place where we will be able to live together in peace, without any worries. Is he my savior? He’s the one who’s gonna love me?

Actually, he was about to explore a new life with Chanyeol. He had meet him only three months ago, but he knew he was special and different from the other boys he had already met. Chanyeol was kind, open-hearted and quite manly. He was also very beautiful, with dark hair and brown eyes. His hands were big, big enough to hold his tiny hands, and also his arms were strong, strong enough to hold him tight when he was cold or afraid. Baekhyun loved everything about Chanyeol, because Chanyeol was perfect in his eyes. Chanyeol was his first love.

‘I love you’

‘I-‘

Before Baekhyun was able to say something, Chanyeol’s lips where on his, and his tongue were in his mouth. It was a long, long kiss. Chanyeol’s lips were soft, and warm, and his hair, maybe too long, were touching Baekhyun’s face, making his cheeks a little red. They kissed again and again, they kissed until the sun had risen. It was love, true love.


Baekhyun opened his eyes. The evening deepened in the avenue. He held a letter in his hands, a letter for his uncle. He was about to leave, so he had written something for him. Actually, the letter was very short:


‘I’m leaving. Thank you for all that you have done, I will never forget it.  I’m going to start a new life, an happy life with someone who loves me. Don’t try to find me, because I won’t be anywhere. I love you and may God bless you.’

 

His time was running out, as he continued to sit by the window. He started to look around, as he was trying to memorize every single object that it was in that room. He wanted to remember everything about his house, his old house. He wanted to remember about the place he had lived for almost twenty years, the place he had loved and hated, the placed he had never left before. He took a deep, deep breath and he stood upin a sudden impulse of horror. It was time to leave his home.

Chanyeol would save him. He would give his life, perhaps love, too. But he wanted to live, he needed to live and also he needed to escape from that place. Why should he be unhappy? He had a right to happiness. Chanyeol would take her in his arms, fold him in his arms. He would save him.

-

He held his hand tight, because he was afraid to lost him in that sea made of people. He squeezed his hand, scared.


‘Don’t leave me, okay?’ said Chanyeol.


‘I won’t’ replied Baekhyun, slowly.


They started to walk, in way to reach their train. People kept bump them, and suddenly Chanyeol felt his head heavy and everything was confused and dark. There were too many people, too many women, men and children. Too much noise, too many screams coming from each directions and everything was too noisy and loud.


‘Don’t leave my hand!’ screamed Chanyeol, even if Baekhyun was near to him. But Baekhyun wasn’t able to hear him, he didn’t hear his words on purpose. He started to tremble, because he was afraid. Now, he was afraid of leaving with Chanyeol. He was not afraid because the train station was a complete chaos, he was not afraid to lost Chanyeol in that ocean of people with the same face, no, he was just afraid to leave his reality, to leave the place he has hated the most since his friends were all gone away. He was afraid of being with Chanyeol and he was afraid of being alone, in another country. What if Chanyeol suddenly leaves him while they are in another country? What will he do?


No, I won’t leave, he whispered.


‘Baekhyun, my hand!’ Chanyeol screamed.


No.


‘Baekhyun, take my hand!’


No, I won’t.


‘Please, take it!’


I’m sorry.


The doors closed, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were not together. Baekhyun was pale and afraid and cold. Chanyeol kept calling his name in vain, because Baekhyun couldn’t hear him. He could just see Chanyeol’s lips moving, repeting the same words again and again.
Baekhyun looked one last time to Chanyeol, then he turned his back. Everything was over, forever. He closed his eyes, he took a deep breath. It was not time for him to be free yet.

- - -

I know, it's horrible. May Mr. Joyce forgive me, but I thought Eveline was just perfect to be a BaekYeol, so... I'm sorry.