CHAPTER 1

The KimXi Journey

 

♫ You’re all I need,my love…my binondo girl ♫
 
Kim has been playing My Valentine song repeatedly throughout the whole trip to Bangkok. It was just the day after their taped guesting on Gandang Gabi Vice for its Anniversary Special Episode. She can’t help but to feel “kilig” on how Xian changed the lyrics to ‘My Binondo Girl’. It was her… She was his. 
 
She smiled with her eyes closed.
 
“Hoy! Chinitaprincess, anong nginingiti ngiti mo nanaman dyan?” Jerry, her road manager, broke her day dreaming. 
 
She opened her eyes and looked at him. “Wala, natutulog lang ako. Makagising ka naman dyan.” 
 
Jerry knowing what made her alaga smile held out his phone and said “Ay natutulog ka ba? Sorry at nakaistorbo ang Chiuhin, may ipababasa lang sana akong text ni Xian for you. Pero wag na lang. Sige na at matulog ka na at baka ma- “
 
“Nasaan? Ano daw sabi?” Kim broke Sir Jerry’s sentence while reaching out for the phone.
 
“HULI!” Jerry laughed. “sabi ko na nga ba eh…hahahaha” Kim pouted. “On air pa tayo, bawal pa ang phone di ba? Ikaw talaga… Masyado mo kasing iniisip. Try mong wag isipin kahit sandali. Mas lalo mong mamimiss yan sige ka.” He smiled and closed his eyes pretending to sleep to just end the conversation. 
 
Kim sighed.
 
***
Xian is killing his time by multitasking tweeting pick-up lines and reading his script; he is currently at the ‘the reunion’ set. 
 
Remy, Xian’s Personal Assistant, brought out Bananas for Xian to eat while reading his script.When he saw the bananas, he remembered the Banana joke that Kim and him had. 
 
Kim. 
 
He felt sad with the thought of her name, she was bound to Bangkok for a shoot and will be gone for days. He got a banana and noticed that there is a “twin” banana. He can’t help but to feel more alone that he even took a picture of the Bananas and post it on his instagram account with a caption that says “*sigh* buti pa tong saging, palagi sila magkasama...<3 :-))) “
 
Xian laughed to himself that he’s jealous at the bananas. 
 
“Bro! What’s that you are laughing about? Care to share?” Enchong asked as he entered the tent and saw Xian laughing by himself.
 
“Andyan ka pala…Wala, may naisip lang ako.” Xian looked at the bananas and smiled. “Gusto mo?” Offered it to Enchong.
 
“Sure!” Enchong got himself a piece of banana and looked at Xian who is now change into a lonely boy. “Iniisip mo siya ano?” He said breaking their silence.
 
“Who?” 
 
“Si Kimmy.” Enchong said in a-matter-of-fact tone. “Kita ko IG posts niya eh. Punta siyang Bangkok right? Ganda niya sa picture niya dito oh.” Said while munching banana and holding his phone on the other hand. 
 
“Yes, she’s bound to Bangkok. Pero hindi kaya siya iniisip ko.” Said in an indenial tone.
 
“Talaga?” Enchong asked again and Xian nodded. “Eh kung sabihin ko kaya sayong may bagong IG post si Kimmy at ang caption ay “missing HIM”, hindi mo talaga siya miss?” He asked teasingly while pretending to look at his phone but Xian just stared at him. “Kawawa naman si Kimmy, maka-comment nga dito na ‘Sorry,He’s not missing you daw.’” He gestured as if to type something on his phone.
 
Xian stood up from where he is sitting and grab Enchong’s phone. “Dude, wag!” He gave up and decided to confess to him. “Okay fine… the truth is I really miss her badly. The moment I knew she’s going to Bangkok nalungkot na ako eh. Ngayon pa na she’s there and I’m here.” Sadness is very evident in his tone, he then looked at Enchong’s iphone to see Kim’s IG post but then he realized he was just pranked by Enchong. There was no new post. 
 
“Peace tayo, Xi!” Enchong smiled charmingly. “I was just teasing you.” 
 
Xian just gave up. He knows he could not win any argument right now. He just return back Enchong’s phone, sit down on his chair and continue eating his banana.