in aaron's p.o.v.

we're not in love!

 Aaron Yan, age 17, awesome hair and epic voice. How do you do. No, it's not a question, don't answer it. I'm busy right now. See that girl over there? She's not even four years older than me, and she's got the easiest job in the world: assistant teacher to my English teacher (whose English is worse off than mine).

Let's make one thing clear:

I incredibly detest that girl over there. Her name is Hebe Tian, but I have to call her Miss Tian. In fact, I just about hate that Miss Hebe Tian. She is the most annoying person ever; chirpy to everyone else and angry towards me, and I don't even know why.

Currently, it's one o'clock. My English class lasts for 87 minutes on the dot. I prepare myself for the worst hour and twenty seven minutes of my day. This is going to , nee? I sit down, dropping my binder on the floor beside me and not quite caring if anyone trips on it. I watch her with my hawk -eyes, making sure I don't miss anything that could potentially be teasing or blackmail material.

It's a dangerous process. The Devil may look up at any moment -- I mean, Miss Tian. At the exact moment our eyes meet, I may get turned into a frog. Beside me, my good friend Guigui punches my arm.

"Hey Lunnie, sit down. You're blocking my view of Wang Zi." She says dreamily. Have I yet mentioned that she's hopelessly in love with Wang Zi? Well, she is. Her huge group of girlfriends think she's hopeless as well, so don't you be beating on me alone. What may be even more hopeless is that even though basically anyone who has eyes can see that she loves him, Wang Zi is so blind that he can't see it. At all. Argh.

"Aaron Yan," The Dev -- Miss Tian calls my name, which can never be good. I ignore her, hoping to pass that for simply not hearing her. "Yan Ya Lun, please get up here." Crud. I stand up slowly and cross the classroom to her at a snail's pace, pretending to trip over someone's foot and getting injured half way there.

"Augh! My ankle!" It's embarrassing, this display, but the point is that I can stall going over there. "God, Wei Lian, could you not have your foot there?" I wink at him, and he hides a grin.

"Ah, so sorry Aaron." He calls me by my English name 'cause I'm 'white', to them, as I've lived in the United States for a huge portion of my childhood. But -- whenever they call me Aaron, they always say Ah - lun, and it's annoying.

"Aaron Yan!" Miss Tian clenches her fist, I can tell. I smirk at her, and she makes a disbelieving, shocked face that I want to laugh at, but at that moment, the English teacher arrives, and I go over to my seat. I realize, though, soon, that she's the only one who can say my name properly. Aaron. Not Ah - lun. Aaron.

Hmm.