The Breakup's Gun Shot Me~ *Bang*!

The Break Up's Gun Shoot Me~ *Bang*!

 

Warning: There are words in the story that are inappropiate for young readers, like words used in cursing. Please be guided accordingly. This is not your typical story like the others. :)

 

          Why? Of all the people, why you? Why did you break my sincere loving heart? I told myself the first time we’ll be together forever. What kind of breakup reason is ‘…because you are very kind to me’?! Ah, I think I’m going crazy because I loved you so much, I can’t seem to move on! But even though you dumped me I won’t shake at all. Even though I’m hurting, I won’t cry at all. That’s what a true man does…

 

“Yah, Sehun!” Kai shouts at me.

 

“Yes? Oh, that’s nice.” I answered back, pretending I heard what he said beforehand.

 

“I didn’t even ask a question. You zoned out again, didn’t you? *sigh*” Kai taps my shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry, Kai.” I bowed down.

 

          Kai is my best friend. I can’t even think of an event I attended without him… except when Reiko and I were dating… and also the day when Reiko broke up with me. But I can’t blame Kai. He has his own life too.

“I think it would be best for you to skip classes for today. C’mon man! You’ve been sulking over her for a month.” Kai ruffles my hair.

 

“My brain can’t process properly because of what happened. How can I forget the one I really loved?” I said as I aimlessly walked forward.

 

          *BEEEEP*

         

“Whoa!” Kai pulls me back to the sidewalk.

 

“Watch where you’re going, er!” Kai shouts at the driver of the car, raising his middle finger at him. The driver returns a middle finger sign at us, too.

 

“You should go to the hospital. I can’t let you stay in that state. Where is the ‘Handsome Prince’ I know, which every girl spazzed about? The Campus Gentleman I know, who greets every girl with a smile?” Kai holds my arm and pulls me to the nearest hospital.

 

“I---” I couldn’t find the words I should use to answer Kai. His words went straight to my heart, and I begin hurting again.

 

          At our anniversary, I saw her how happy she was the whole time. Her angelic smile which melted my heart over and over is visible on her lovely lips. The scent of her hair I smelled every time the wind blows. Her eyes reflected the candle’s fire, which shows her strength hidden inside. The soft hands she uses when caressing my cheeks. All of those began to fade when she told me she wants to breakup. She didn’t even let me speak because she immediately left after our date--- after our anniversary--- after our breakup.

 

“Doctor, please take care of him.” Kai smiles at the doctor, then looks at me, still smiling.

 

“Sehun, I’ll be waiting outside.” He said as he taps my head and leaves the room.

 

The doctor begins interrogating. She asks me a lot of questions which I answered back as proper as I can. She said I’ll be okay as long as I take Reiko out of my mind and focus on my studies or spend time in fun activities. After our session, she prescribes some anti-depressant and tells me to call Kai in.

 

As I approach the door… I heard a familiar voice. A voice that soothes my soul when I hear it back then… My heart beat became fast and furious. I quickly open the door and find Kai with the girl who broke my heart. And it surprises me to see them in front me hugging each other. Kai looked at me as he broke their hug. He reaches out his hand to me, but I ran as fast as I could to somewhere far away from them. I begin hurting again. I can’t understand the pain inside me. As I continue to run, I arrive at the abandoned bridge which serves as my favorite hiding place.

 

“Why? Why does it have to be you, Kai?” I said, stopping the tears from my eyes to flow down.

 

          The fact that your best friend is with your ex-girlfriend really hurts me. It’s like something is churning my intestine inside. How can this life be so crazy cruel to me?! I wish all of these things are not true.

 

“Damn you, Kai!” I shouted at the top of my lungs and punched the steel bar nearby.

 

“Sehun-ah!”

 

I looked for the source of the voice, and there I found Kai.

 

“How did you find me here?” I looked at him with anger.

 

“I’m the one who told you about this place, silly!” He said as he slowly walks towards me.

 

          Oh, yeah. I totally forgot about that. It’s that day after our breakup. Because I just locked myself in my room the whole morning, he decided to take me somewhere where I could voice out my thoughts. When we arrived at the place he is talking about, I started shouting over and over ‘I miss you! I need you! Come back to me!’ and Kai just watched me do my thing. Sometimes I caught him looking at me with eyes that are somewhat sad. *laughs* I even remember when each of us bought guns for self-defence. All of the fangirls are so into us that their boyfriends get jealous and sometimes wait for us at the campus gate. Sometimes, I was walking along the alley near the campus when somebody tried to stab me. Instead of me getting stabbed, Kai took the blow for me. He said he saw someone following me from the campus that looked suspicious. It took a week for him to fully recover. I told him that it’s my fault, but he believes that ‘that’s what friends are for’. I just realized that all I caused him are stress and worry. I’m a large burden.

 

“Don’t come near me!” I warned him as I step back.

 

“Okay. But could you please let me explain first?” Kai said as he halt on his place.

 

“Explain what? All these time, I trusted you Kai!” I kicked the debris on the floor and found the gun I bought slide with the debris.

 

Kai and I looked at the gun. We both hurried to the gun and I still got hold of the gun.

 

“Sehun-ah. Please calm down and put the gun down.” Kai said as he motions his hand for me to drop down the gun.

 

“No! You betrayed me. I’m not going to forgive you---”

 

“Let me explain first! Dammit.” Kai said as he fists the ground.

 

I remained silent for him to explain his self.

 

“How can you think of things like that…? Even your gaze… it pierces through my soul… as if I did something wrong…” He slightly bows his head.

 

“What I saw in the hospital… do you think that’s something right?” I said in a soft voice.

 

“You don’t know the whole story. I called her and said that you’re in the hospital for treatment. She said she’s worried about you… as a friend. That’s why she came to the hospital.” He narrated as his fist started to shake.

 

“That’s bull! How come I saw you two hugging each other?” I exclaim as I point the gun at him.

 

“Let me explain!” A familiar voice shouts from afar, the person slowly walked towards us.

 

“Reiko… What’re you doing here?!” I asked her as I point the gun at her.

 

“No! I told you to stay at the hospital…” Kai said, looking at her with gloomy eyes.

 

“Do you know… why we were hugging each other?” She starts talking.

 

“The reason I told you when we broke up was just a lie. I broke up with you because Oppa and I are seeing each other. In fact, we’re in love with each other. I’m sorry, Sehun.” She said, smiling like she didn’t do anything bad.

 

“I knew it, you sly wolf!” I said in an angry tone while looking at Kai.

 

“Why don’t you accept the fact, Sehun? Oppa and I are in love with each other.” Reiko smirks, as she approaches Kai, flirting with him because she knows I am watching.

 

Kai is speechless.

 

“All this time Kai, I trusted you! You’re my best friend! We’ve been through many things together already! Are you willing to give me up for that girl?” I said… tears flowing down my cheeks. I slowly take my aim off from the girl I once loved.

 

“You don’t understand! She’s not the one I’m telling you that I love!” Kai said as he put his hands up. Of all the people, I know Kai the best. He only does that when he really is innocent.

 

          Oh. The one Kai is talking about. When Reiko and I are still together, I remember asking him if he has somebody that makes his heart skip a beat… But his reply wasn’t straight to the point. His reply was---“I already love somebody, but I couldn’t tell that person how I feel. It’s because… that person is madly in love with somebody else.” He just smiled at me and walked away after.

 

“The heck… I saw you hugging her, and you still deny it?” I calmly asked him.

 

“Oppa… Let’s go now while he’s still got a hold of himself---” Reiko tugs on Kai’s shirt.

 

“Stop it! You just made everything complicated.” Kai said as he pushed Reiko away.

 

“Sehun, believe me! I don’t have any relationship with her!” He continued as he step closer to me.

 

          All these time, I have been thinking only about myself. It’s always about me. Happiness isn’t permanent, yet I seek a lot of it. I didn’t take time to realize that someone is always there for me from the beginning. It’s okay, Kai. I won’t be bothering you anymore with my personal problems. Our ‘y beast’ saved my life, but I’m so selfish that I can’t even fully trust him. I’m so lost. I’m so sorry. Reiko doesn’t have to suffer just because of my selfish wish. I knew from the very start that she likes Kai, but I still went on with my plan on courting her. Even if I attain my happiness… my happiness won’t be happy.

 

“I… always caused you trouble, Kai. I’m sorry.” I don’t know why, but my tears started flowing rapidly… as if there is no ‘tomorrow’.

 

“Don’t be.” Kai wiped my tears with his hands.

 

“I need to be. Please take care of Reiko.” I tap his shoulders and continued crying.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Kai said in shock.

 

I lifted my arms and pointed the gun to my temple.

 

“NO!”

 

*bang*

*thud*

 

          I collapsed to the ground. I can’t hear things clearly. My vision is engulfed by the darkness little by little. I can see Kai. He’s crying. What is he trying to say? Sa… rang… hae? I feel so tired. I think I need to sleep. But this time, I think… my slumber will be… longer than the usual…

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sehun-ah, you idiot! Are you that naïve? Damn you. I---I…” I screamed as I pull him into a hug, still crying because of the sudden turn of events.

 

I tried getting some kind of response from him, but it’s no use.

 

“It’s sleeping time, .”

 

*bang*

*thud*

 

          What the…? Why did I collapse to the ground? This must be a joke. I feel pain not only in my head, but also in my heart. I can’t bare this heart ache Sehun caused me. It has accumulated since he and Reiko started… dating. What? I can see Reiko saying something, but I couldn’t hear it. How… pa… thetic? Ah, I’ve grown tired. My eyes can’t stand any longer. I’m sorry Sehun. I think… I died in vain because… I haven’t told you… the truth… about… my feelings…

 

When I shot Kai-oppa, all I feel is anger and disgust.

 

“Oppa, likes Sehun-ah? That’s why he won’t go out with me. How pathetic. If I can’t have him, then I won’t let anybody else, too! *laughs* Now excuse me while I look for another prince charming that is willing to be mine.” I said as I kicked their bodies and turned away from them.

 

My phone began ringing. It surprised me, making me drop the gun.

*ring ring*

 

“Hello? Tao-ah! How have you been? Really… How’s Kris doing? Oh, I’m sorry, I couldn’t go there. Well I hafta go now. Talk to ya later!” I said as I disconnect from the call and look back at Sehun and Kai.

 

“EH?!” I said as my eyes widened in shock.

 

*bang*

*thud*

-----------------

I hope you liked it. Did I do better this time? :D

Please take time to comment after reading.

I appreciate it. Thank you! :)