CH.1

She's MY Best Friend!

"Chaerin, I don't want to sit by her, she's mean." Jiyong pouted and grabbed her arm to sit on the chair.

"Quit being a baby, Jiyong. She's waiting for us, let's go!" Chaerin rolled her eyes and took her food to Dara's table.

 

Let's review what happened a few hours ago, neh? 

 

Flashback/Dara's POV:

"I'm Kwon Jiyong, you?"

I looked at his stretched out arm. Is he expecting a handshake? 

I linked Chaerin's arm with mine, and left him standing, dumbfounded. 

"We need to talk, Chaerin."

"Okay, what is it?" She batted her eyes then looked at me with those listening eyes.

"Okay. Who is that boy, and why is he here? What does he want with you?" Questions slipped out of my mouth like saucers. I stared at her with serious eyes, but she laughed. Laughed in my face like what i said was nothing.

"Yah! Chaerin! Answer me!" I yelled and beat her with a soft stuffed animal. It's actually Tam-Tam. I carry him everywhere I go! He needs to see his family, right? 

"Wah~ Darong. He's not a magical orge that will rule the world with Cinderella and a unicorn as a servent." She laughed more as she clutched her stomach. I rolled my eyes. This girl's not even listening! Did she even hear what she just said? It's a magical unicorn that will rule the world with someone else with a orge as a servant! She's not even close! Cinderella is MARRIED!

It took me a few minutes until i left her laughing under a tree like a maniac. I told her to watch over my bag, but i bet she'll explode with giggles before she can.

I walked over to the confused man. Well, more like the troubled man if you ask me. Girls surrounded him like a big movie star had came.

"Hey!" I yelled and waved my arms out to him. He cut through his little fangirls and stood beside me, innocently. 

"What are you doing here?"

"U-uhm, you asked me too?" He scratched his head.

"How did you become friend's with Chaerin?" I asked, and ignored his last response.

"Well.. Our parents knew each other.." He shrugged his arms like it was nothing special. Nothing special! Huh! What kind of best friend doesn't care about the first time they met? 

I know the first time Chaerinnie and I met. It was at base-camp and she was new. She didn't talk or anything! We all thought she was a statue. One day, I asked her if-

"You're pretty cute." He interruped my thoughts and giggled. Did he just call me... Cute?

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, but who am i kidding? He's probably like this to get my friendship, to steal Rinnie away!

"U-Uhm... NO! Stay away from Rin! She's MY bestfriend." Did i just stutter? I hid my flustered face and stomped away. 

I hit my chest a few times to stop my heart from pounding. My stomach started to feel fluttering. What's happening? That boy posioned me! 

Suddenly.. A smile crept on my face. Why am i smiling? It's not like i'm thinking about how undeniably gorgeous he is. Or the fact that his eyes are so memorizing, and how fluffy his hair is, that it makes you feel like you want to touch it.....

"AHHH!" I yelled and stomped my feet up and down. "WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" I cried out to the world. Wait.. Did i just shout? 

"Dara.. Why are you yelling?" Chaerin asked me. Did i seriously yell? I turned around to see everyone staring at me like i'm a weird outcast.

There it goes away.. The blood rushes to my face and I awkwardly put my shoulder bag above my head. Slowly, i went down to roll on the ground, crying in embarrassment. 

 

End of flashback/Dara's POV:

 

"Hey Dara~" Chaerin slid in the chair next to her.

"Rinnie!" Dara hugged her happily, but stopped when Jiyong showed up. 

Dara suddenly stopped him from taking a seat next to her. "Wait. Only Chae and I sit at this table." 

"C'mon Unnie. He's new." Chaerin nudged her and took a bite out of her apple.

Dara sighed heavily and let go of his chair. He thanked her and sat down quietly. 

Lunch was silent. Chaerin was playing with her vegetables that her mom probably packed for her and Jiyong was half way done.

Dara bit her steamed chicken happily and didn't notice she had something on her face. I mean, she was absorbed into the goodness of the chicken.

Jiyong's sudden OCD acted up and he couldn't stop staring at Dara. Well, he couldn't before, but the piece of chicken on her face really bothered him. 

Without notice. his hand was already on her face. Dara and Jiyong made eye contact for the first time, ever.

 

She blushed..

He frozed...