Light

Best Friend

 

The door opened, revealing a beautiful bride. Upon seeing her, the whole church erupted into loud cheers. Everyone was smiling or crying tears of joy - except for one person. The bride took her first step into the church. It was like she set a countdown for me.

 

 

I was sitting alone in the park, thinking about why they left me alone in this harsh world. My world was dark without them and it felt like the darkness was slowly eating me up. “Hello, I'm LuHan do you want to be friends?” After hearing these words and seeing your bright smile, my world suddenly became colourful again and a forgotten smile made its way on my face.

 

 

Remembering this memory made me smile “You were the first person actually wanting to be friends with me. You pulled me out of the darkness and let me see a bright world.” Then the bride took her second step.

 

 

We were playing in LuHan's bedroom and we were already really close friends. “Ne, Hyori…” I stopped building a castle and looked up. “We will always be friends, right?” I gave him a big smile “Of course we will. Best friends forever?” “Yeah, best friends forever” and he gave me one of his warm smiles.

 

 

I wish I would never have developed these feelings for you. Back then it was so nice just seeing you as my best friend.” She took another step not pausing at all and not realizing how painful it was for me.

 

 

Hun, where are you?” I went into the living room and saw LuHan sleeping soundly on the couch. I kneeled down beside him and looked at his calm face. By observing him I realized that he changed so much: From a cute child into a handsome young man. I pushed a strand of hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful and cute in his sleep that I couldn't help myself but to smile and his cheek. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and mumbled a quiet “Hyori...” My heartbeat speeded up and my face got warmer. Luckily he was still asleep. But I couldn't help myself but to wonder: Was I falling for LuHan?

 

 

That's where my misery started. I sighed sadly and looked at the bride who took another step. With her steps the church got for everyone brighter – but for me it got darker.

 

 

We were sitting in my bedroom, I was a little nervous because recently I found out that I'm in love with my best friend. I was thinking about if I should confess or not when LuHan interrupted my train of thoughts.

 

Ne, Hyori. I want to tell you something.” I looked at him and nodded signaling him to tell me. “Well …I’m in love with Jiyeon.” For a second I forgot to breathe. It felt like a knife stabbed into my aching heart and it's tearing me apart. Now I knew what a heartbreak felt like and I didn't like this pain at all.

 

With a forced smile and a fake happy voice I said “Really Hun you grow up too fast. That's awesome. Trust me this will definitely work out. I will help you as much as possible. So there is no way that you two won't get together.” After he heard my respond he looked so happy and grateful.

 

Thank you. Seriously Hyori you really are my best friend.”

 

 

And another stab to my breaking heart.

 

 

LuHan, my best friend and my heartbreaker, it pains me to know that I'm not the bride who was walking down the aisle. She took a step and I knew two more steps and I really have to give up.

 

 

Hyori, I want to introduce you to someone.” I looked up from my cake and saw you holding hands with Jiyeon. “Look, we are finally together. Jiyeon this is Hyori.” He introduced me. I stood up and extended my hand for her to shake “Hello, it's nice to finally meet you.“

 

 

Today was your special day. I'm sorry I can’t be fully happy for you. I turned my gaze to you. You stood there with a bright smile and waited for your bride to finally reach you.

 

 

I heard the doorbell ringing. I hurried to open the door, but to my surprise there stood a crying you in front of me. “Hun. What happened? Don't stand there like that or you'll catch a cold. Come inside” I held his hand and dragged him to the couch. It pained me to see him crying like this. “Wait here. I'll make you hot chocolate.” Suddenly he held my wrist “Hyori, don't go. Stay here with me” The hearing of his sad voice made my heart ache. I nodded and sat beside him. “She broke up with me” he said and cried. I gently pulled his head to my chest. “I'm sorry Hun. You will find someone better and remember I'll always be beside you.”

 

 

Did you know that that day you weren't the only one heartbroken? She took her last step and stood beside you. Your smile brightened even more and that was the signal for me to give up.

 

 

We were sitting in a cafe. I was eating my cake and looked enviously at you and Yuri. She was feeding you cake. “Ahh, I almost forgot. Hyori I’ve got good news.” I looked at him and signaled him to continue. “Yuri and I are going to marry.” he said and smiled. While Yuri was squealing out of joy. “Oh really, congratulations. When is the wedding?” I took a bit of the cake. But the cake that used to taste sweet suddenly tasted bitter. “It’s on Mai 24th. You definitely have to come. Understood?” “Of course I will come. What a best friend would I be when I wouldn't come to your wedding.”

 

 

Do you Xi LuHan take Lee Yuri to be your lawful wedded wife?”

 

I do.”

 

With that sentenced the glimmering light was put out and I was left in the darkness. With that sentence I knew I really will never be more than a best friend for you...

 

-----------------------------------

I'm sorry it is so short.

But I still hope you enjoyed it ^_^

Please give me some feedbacks. =)