The Beautiful Princess

The Lost Prince

 

One day, in a far away kingdom, there live a princess.  The princess is known all over the world because she is pretty, intelligent and very generous.  The princess is known as Princess Shin Hye.  Because Princess Shin Hye is very beautiful, different princes went to her kingdom to ask for her hand in marriage.

                “Princess Shin Hye, sorry to disturb you but a prince is waiting for you.” Lady Choi said.

                “ It’s alright Lady Choi.  I’m not that busy.  May I know who is the prince that is waiting for me?” Princess Shin Hye asked.

                “It is Prince Min Ho from the Lee Kingdom my princess.” Lady Choi answered.

                “Prince Min Ho from the Lee Kingdom?” Princess Shin Hye asked in surprise.

                “ Ne.” Lady Choi answered.

                “If I’m not wrong, the Lee Kingdom is in the far west right?” Princess Shin Hye asked Lady Choi.

                “Ne. You are right my princess.” Lady Choi answered

                “And our kingdom, the Park Kingdom, is in the far east. Am I right?” Princess Shin Hye  asked again.

                “You are right again princess.” Lady Choi agreed.

                “Wow it’s quite a distance between his kingdom and mine.” Princess Shin Hye said.

                “He looked so tired my princess.” Lady Choi said.

                “Oh well, it’s time for me to see him.” Princess Shin Hye said and she went to see Prince Min Ho.

 

                “Welcome Prince Min Ho.  What brings you to my kingdom?” Princess Shim Hye asked curiously.

                “ The same reason why princes from different kingdoms go here.  To asked your hand in marriage.” Prince Min Ho said dreamingly.

 

                Every time a prince will say these words to her, Princess Shin Hye will say the same words.

 

                “Before I agree to give you my hand, you should pass this test.  It is the same test that I gave all the princes who went here to ask for my hand in marriage.” Princess Shin Hye said “But  none of them got it right.” she added.

                “They didn’t got it right because they are not meant to be your husband but your future husband is here now, so show me what kind of test it is and I’m sure I can get it right.” Prince Min Ho said boastfully.

               

                Princess Shin Hye clapped her hands twice and a servant appeared from the kitchen holding two identical cute dolls.

 

                “Here is the test Prince Min Ho.  In front of you, there are two identical cute dolls.  If you can tell me what is the difference of the two dolls, then you can be my husband.” Princess Shin Hye said.

 

                Prince Min Ho took the two dolls and he examined them carefully.  He looked from head to toe but could not find a single difference.

 

                “Well, Prince Min Ho, it seems that you could not find and tell me the difference of the two dolls.” Princess Shin Hye said with a smirk.

                “Uhm, well, er, yes.  Your right my princess.  Sorry for disturbing you.” Prince Min Ho said feeling embarrassed. “It’s time for me to go.  Goodbye Princess Shin Hye.”

 

                Princess Shin Hye watched Prince Min Ho leave the palace.  Lady Choi approached the princess

 

                “Excuse me my princess but do you think there is really a prince that will pass your test because it is so hard?” Lady Choi asked.

                “Yes. I know he’s out there somewhere looking for me.” Princess Shin Hye said with a hope in her eyes.