He wants to keep the Snow

Snow Flakes

 

A/N: Just a Drabble. Nevertheless, I hope it's good. And, ugh, I didn't mean Xiumin to be the antagonist here. It just turned into... this. For: the Snowflakes out there, BaekYeol Shippers (SHIP SAILING HIGH AND PROUD), and even though he didn't apper in here, I wanna say Happy Birthday to EXO's Guardian, Suho! 

The entire winter season doesn’t make any feel better, for some instance, Park Chanyeol to be. It is supposed to make his heart flutter, make his stomach seize in excitement, and drew a curve in his lips with all those tiny sleets he knew Xiu Min is connected. Yes, it is no other than one of his new found friends on his block section in the university. Kim Min Seok, face beaming with a round rendition somewhat alike to a steamed bun, was a kind of this frost enthusiast that sometimes, he thinks that he has mind control over it. Only sometimes, okay. It is because he would always show his ability to regulate the amount of fall the sky creates.

 

He stared at the latter, grinning.

 

“For real, buddy, are you still not going to believe in me?” Min Seok glares at him with hopeful mental mind and puppy eyes, that for some time in his life, a weird, tall, creepy-looking man would finally believe that he was a Snow Warlock. Well, Park Chanyeol was really bothered about his little friend of his. No, He isn’t crazy, He makes sure of it. He will. “How many times do I have to show you my potentials and power? Chanyeol, my friend, if you believed in me, I promise I would make your favourite season be your most favourite season every year!” Min Seok made the grin on his lips grew wider. Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

 

Winter. Winter sure is a very cold season in Seoul, and it is supposed to make everything, every tiny ice that drops on Chanyeol’s hands melt into it slowly. Very slow. He wouldn’t let time run fast. Not when it is winter. He loves winter. Winter, for Park Chanyeol should be the longest time on his 365 days every after December 31. He just, loves it.

 

“Will you make the whole year be winter if I believed in you? I mean, Snow everywhere. I would like to see how it works.” He stares away from the not-so-tall cutie pie beside him, eyes averted on following the direction of the falling snow in front of the veranda where the two of them talks. Min Seok frowns. Did Chanyeol really like winter that much? Really really really that much? He breaths cold air, sighing.

 

They are now both looking at the snow falling in front of them. There are tons of it! But. Yes, there is a But in Chanyeol’s life. A lot. Chanyeol isn’t supposed to be THIS depressed. He is supposed to smile! And Min Seok thought of it. “If that is your wish, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol stopped his tracks. Is Min Seok kidding? Or, whatever. He told himself he won’t ever believe what Min Seok says ever since he started telling him this warlock thingy. “You really are persistent on telling me that, huh?”

 

“I am not joking, if that what’s on your big head, Chanyeol. You know how I hated lying. How much I hated it.” Min Seok was this type of person. A very truthful and honest one. And loyal, too. Park Chanyeol is the only friend he got after moving in the city. No. He wasn’t an anti-social entity. But, He was a Warlock and he chooses Chanyeol to be the one who should believe in him. Why? Because it was already stated above how obsessed to snow Chanyeol was. Their first meeting, a year ago, was when Chanyeol and a guy bumped into him. He just moved in, strolling around the Park. It was Christmas Eve, and Byun Baekhyun was very apologetic at that time. He says sorry at about six times, and being the gentle boy he was, Min Seok accepted the excuse. He also knew this Byun Baekhyun guy, who was with Chanyeol at that moment, holding their hands together. So what was that?

 

“How cute of a couple you two are!” Min Seok expressed, smiling at the two. He hinted that the two were practically a couple. Baekhyun chuckles at the statement Min Seok conveyed. Three seconds of silence. Erm.

 

“We’re not.” Chanyeol says, after sipping his coffee. And Baekhyun scowls on his side.

 

Oh. Ohhhh. So Min Seok was wrong.

 

“Oh. Sorry. Thought you were.” Min Seok was also an understanding bud. He knows how to talk formally and when it’s forbidden. But complimenting how romantic Chanyeol and Baekhyun were, after they bumped into him and treated him into a café, he just, you know, thinks they really are a couple. Who was he kidding though, they hold hands and, okay.Enough of these stupid flashbacks.

 

“No, Hyung. I mean, it’s not that I don’t believe in you. Yes, you already showed me your prowess, and I have to admit, it’s still hard for me to believe on you. If you are a Warlock, then why are you here?” Chanyeol defended, making sure that his favourite hyung won’t be upset. Because it is important not to make Min Seok sad. The last time he saw Min Seok sad, or mad, his face turned into, he actually doesn’t sure how he’d call it. All he could remember was that, there were a lot of dark lines on his face, tattoos or paint or whatsoever. He thinks Min Seok evolved into a screamo. But that doesn’t, still, make him believe of his friend’s insisting identity. Maybe those paints, has some ability to appear whenever they want to.

 

“I’m here, because, there are a lot of snow in here.” Min Seok chuckles for about five milliseconds. “Hyung that is the reason why I am hesitating to believe on what you are saying. Of course this is Seoul and there would be a lot of snow in here every winter! Oh how much I wanted to keep all of them!”

 

“Exactly, Yeol. That is why I’m here. To help you keep them.”

 

“Keep what? Snow? Of course that is impossible. Hyung that’ll melt into water.” And for the first time in his life, Min Seok face palms himself. How ridiculous Chanyeol is? One hundred and one percent? No. I think more than that.

 

“I don’t know anymore, Yeol. I’m losing hope on you. I thought I could already bring someone into our planet as an apprentice.” Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, left one. So Min Seok was an Alien? Gosh, so all this time? He’s been friends into an Alien? How cool! Okay, so that’s how absurd Chanyeol was.

 

“Wait hyung stop there for a moment. You got me there. Sooo close!” Chanyeol nearly squeals at Min Seok’s last statement. Min Seok was about to sigh again, “At what particular part? Planet? Into our Planet? Exo Planet?”

 

“So it is called Exo planet?” The other nods. Chanyeol is an astronomy enthusiast, not mentioned. He likes the stars, comets, and everything about the universe, next to winter. “Yes. Why? Have you been there before? Our planet is very homely! You’ll like to live there.” Min Seok, regaining the almost-flown-away hope, grins at the latter.

 

Chanyeol mopes, no. He shouldn’t believe on his hyung. He was a very scientific-based person. Yeah, Astronomy does. “People who lived there were also kind, and have a lot of magical powers. Only in our planet!” Min Seok beamed his toothy smile, but that doesn’t mean Chanyeol was already persuaded. Apprentice? Psh. Who really is this person he was talking to?

 

“I’ll take you there if you want me to prove it. For once and for all.”

 

“Haha. What? Take me there? But, what if -”

 

“Nooooo. You don’t have to require or possess anything for you to live there.” Min Seok protests with a big shake on his head. “Our Planet has everything. Every being who lives there trains their powers. And I was one of the most elite! I was here because I have to bring someone there and be part of our family! Isn’t it great, Yeol? You and me and Kris and Chen and everyone in my family! I promise you’ll never regret if you come with me.” Min Seok was still smiling. Sure, Min Seok can be a good kidnapper.

 

Chanyeol felt aloof. Not with Min Seok but to what he feels just a while ago. What was just happened? He was talking to Min Seok, I mean, to someone now! Only Min Seok could do that. He knows Chanyeol very well, than Baekhyun. And oh, how was he now?

 

“You’re smiling.” Min Seok finally took a deep breath and gazed at the taller. Chanyeol realized it too. It’s been a while ever since he talked to someone this long. Lately, he has been thinking that misery was already his twin. Oh yes, in every aspect of his life. But he does well in school. He was this kind of Math Whiz in their university and thank god, nothing gets wrong with it. Is this a repay of his too much intelligence in Calculus and Physics? If yes, just what the heck he has to do?

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to hang out with you lately. Send my regards as well to Jongin and Kyungsoo.” They’ve been these coffee devotees since like, forever? Nah, eternity maybe. Kidding. But still, Chanyeol has to admit that he misses the two as well. “Yeah yeah. They miss you a lot. Whenever they see me on the corridors they would ask me how are you, what’s up with you or when would you hang with them at the café again. As if I had something to say.” Min Seok nearly huffs.

 

“What would you say then?” Chanyeol playfully asks back with a tiny laugh on his edges, putting the back of his hands on his chin by the veranda’s fences. He looks at Min Seok mockingly. “Well, I was livid and I was just jealous that I would ignore them half away. Baekhyun’s friend too, Suho. He would ask me if you and Baekhyunnie are still going out. I bet he was still determined to get him back.” Chanyeol widened his eyes. No, not the creepy smile.

 

Chanyeol didn’t blink. “Oh, Baekhyun.” He blinks. He blinks and talks in a resentful way, and Min Seok knew if that would be Chanyeol’s tone of speaking then that means Chanyeol was... Very sad. Min Seok knows the Chanyeol he was speaking to, when he is sad, upset, nervous, disappointed, happy, overjoyed or something. It was his job to study the subject of his apprentice. He knows Chanyeol will fit in the slot he had been looking now for a long time.

 

“By the way, where is he now? I mean, I haven’t seen him ever since the day you two treated me last Christmas Eve on a café. And I still feel very sorry for mistaking things out, you know, you and him… together.” Min Seok put his two forefingers together lovingly. As if the season fits in.

 

“He’s gone, hyung, just so you know.” Chanyeol feels very sorry too.

 

So that was the reason why Chanyeol was lonely? Probably yes, maybe not. But if he’s ready to spill up everything, then-

 

“So that is why you have to imprison yourself in your room?” Min Seok raises his brow and leans in closer to Chanyeol, side-hugging his friend. “Pal, can you leak it out? I know it will feel better if you share it with your friends, to me. And did Suho know it already? Oh how private Baekhyun could be.”

 

“It’s a long story, hyung, a very long one.”

 

“I am not going to die anyway. If it’ll take years to listen, I will.” Min Seok is a very persistent person. Chanyeol doesn’t know if he has to believe in him or not. Not going to die? Was that a joke?

 

“Well, can we take some coffee now? Just to feel better. And I hope you don’t mind if I call Jongin and Kyungsoo out.” Chanyeol was teary-eyed before he pulls out from Min Seok’s light grasp. And Min Seok was aware of that. “Yeah sure. No problem. I’ll just wait for you on the living room. Go change some clothes and be sure to wear at least four layers of clothing. It’s really cold outside. Okay? Do this as a favour. I don’t want you to be vulnerable of the weather and besides-”

 

“Yes ma’am! I will!” Chanyeol jokingly pushed Min Seok into his room and outside of it. “Be fast, oka-”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Get out now or else you don’t want to see me .”

 

Finally, Chanyeol was already smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Min Seok plopped down his self on his seat pouting at Jongin and Kyungsoo. Everything is alright. Not that he has some problem with them, but them, being so clingy around Chanyeol annoys him. No, No. Min Seok was just, being Min Seok. He has no right to be that protective to his dongsaeng. But the feeling of being casted out hovers on him like Tsunami. Chanyeol is the only friend he got after he came down on Earth. And he was just anxious of losing him.

 

“Hi hyung.” Jongin being dork, waved.


“Hi.” Kyungsoo followed. Chanyeol smiled with his teeth glowing. He has perfect set of teeth, just so everybody knows.  He should look happy in front of his friends. It was really cold at that time and of course, Min Seok has something to do with it. Chanyeol was the last to occupy the vacant seat between Min Seok and Jongin.

 

“Are you okay now, hyung? You rarely hang out with us now. I mind it a lot, you know.” Kyungsoo was like that every time. The angel one, the one who adores his hyung’s derp skills, and he hasn’t seen it for a while now. He misses it. Chanyeol was his master.

 

“Min Seok here,” Chanyeol glances from Min Seok and then at the two sophomores. “Says it too. I missed you two, of course, but, you know. I’m just being upset and hyung has to be alone for the mean time. I’m really sorry.” He nods, puckering his pink lips.

 

Kyungsoo frowns, as the café maid came in to take their orders. They got their coffees after a while, well aside from Min Seok who has the black one. “Aren’t you going to put some sugar?” He shakes his head from Jongin’s request. “Coffee was made to be bitter, Baekhyun said it to me.”

 

Min Seok purposely said that.

 

“Yeah! But it tastes terrible! Baekhyun hyung has weird taste.” Kyungsoo played with his cup before sipping on it.

“And how was he now, hyung? I haven’t seen him for...” Jongin counted the months on his fingers, “Almost a year? My, a year! Of course you’ll know how’ve he been doing now.” Jongin places his eyes on Chanyeol. Well, all of them did. Because, Chanyeol, was Baekhyun’s boyfriend. Best friend, rather, even before he got Min Seok on his side. He was very thankful, but no one replaces Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol automatically recorded a set of words to explain a little. But of course his mind can’t. His brain has no kind of talent but to function normally. If it’s all about Baekhyun, his mind goes blank. Like, yeah. Blank. Now, three pair of eyes was on him. But Min Seok sips again, so Jongin and Kyungsoo were still on alert for any mentions.

 

“Well… Uhm...

Why can’t Chanyeol say it out loud? Darn this.  “… Uhm, Baekhyun was…

Will it be okay if Jongin and Kyungsoo finds out? Oh my dear lord, help me with this gah! I know I promised Baekhyun that I wouldn’t tell anyone about his death but damn it, I can’t! These two were also his friends and they have the right to know. Chanyeol was praying on his mind.

“Baekhyunnie’s already gone.” Suddenly, Min Seok revealed his mouth out. Min Seok is a volcano. A tiny but noisy volcano. Chanyeol dropped his eyes on Min Seok, of course, who wouldn’t be? While Jongin and Kyungsoo was stunned, a little.

“Gone? So where did he go? Is it considered crime if he tell it to us? How unfair!” Kyungsoo was so slow. Well at least Death never came into his mind. He’s an anti-death person. But he isn’t the type who’ll easily cry if someone died. It’ll take some minutes or hours or an overnight before he’ll cry over someone’s demise.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin hinted that it isn’t what Kyungsoo meant. So he whipped his head towards Chanyeol and Min Seok, giving them an is-that-ing-real look, with Chanyeol approving the light glare. They don’t mind Kyungsoo though, being that untroubled through the statement, continuing on sipping the coffee.

 

Kyungsoo, what can you say about this? Jongin thought.

 

“Will you understand it if they said that Baekhyun hyung went to heaven?” Of course Jongin isn’t as insensitive as Kyungsoo. Min Seok rolled his eyes upon hearing the two talk. Kyungsoo was the type who thinks things is always upright and tranquil and… blissful. “Yeah, Kyungsoo, I mean. He’s really gone. Gone gone. No more Baekhyun.” Chanyeol further implemented. He realized it was too late to take back the words Min Seok revealed. What’s so wrong about it anyway?

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin got sad at the end of the day. For sure, Kyungsoo did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You should have let me say it to them, you know.” Chanyeol breaths out, smoke coming out from his mouth. It is because of too much snow, and the temperature’s quite chilly. He thinks of Min Seok would say or would ask if he should make more snow, but he has more to say than making himself quite twisty with his words for the “warlock wannabe” as he calls Min Seok. “I was… I’m just trying to help.” Min Seok looked down on the trails they make through the snow. “…Sorry if it burdened you.”

 

“Well, I’m kind of pleased though, I must say thank you.” Chanyeol smiled between their saunters on the way home. 10pm is enough and they have to head home too. He bets Kyungsoo’s mom would be worried about what they have to do that much and they stay too late. Min Seok smiled a little, a little thankful Chanyeol wasn’t that furious about whatever deal it may cause.

 

“You know…” As Chanyeol breaks the mood again, “It really is hard for me to lament for Baekhyun while our friends doesn’t have the slightest idea where the actual Baekhyun was all these months now, how he suffered while they have nothing to weep about. It hurts I want to follow him, to end this voyage without the person who you desired to be with. How I-”

 

“You’re not an item, right? You said it. On the day I asked if you two are couple.” Min Seok cuts the latter slightly; no intentions of making Chanyeol remember much of the things he knows it hurts a lot. For Chanyeol. But he has to. He has to make the other move on. If it’ll take too much time he doesn’t care anymore. He has to be quick because time slowly kills him. He have waited enough. Too much.

 

“Yes, because ever since the day you met us, he broke up with me. He said that it’ll be finer that before he dies, I have nothing so much to be sad about. So I conformed him. We broke up. But it didn’t make any things better for me. He was already dying and he has no idea how it affect me a lot. So much.” Chanyeol sets back, signalling that they were almost to part ways.

 

“Well, I think you have to continue it tomorrow then, pal.” He smiles back at Chanyeol, while Chanyeol gives back a curve as well. Min Seok waved and started to take the other direction from the alter street of Chanyeol’s nook.

 

The truth was, Min Seok has no home. He pretends to stay with his cousin or a relative to stray away the questions like “Where do you live?” and the like. He have to avoid such. The only power he has is snow, and only something related to snow, and frost. So he walks alone every night, he stays above someone’s rooftop or somewhere as long as it suits him. He has nothing to be afraid of anyway, but he can sleep nonetheless, not minding how hot, or cold it could be. He feels nothing. Nothing in particular. But he was quite fond of this thing they called emotions, only a little, okay. Just a little.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And as typical as the night it is for him, he stroll around someplace, only to be hauled by someone from the tree branch where he sits. The arm which made its way on Min Seok’s neck up to his collarbone only tightens but not really a burden on the victim’s breathing. Someone was just trying to make a jest on him, or if not, this guy only misses him he made his way on earth just to pay a visit on his long-time friend.

 

“Get off from me, Chen.” Min Seok smashed the weight from behind, pulling away.

 

“Having a break or something?” Chen, or as the lightning “master” he proclaims to himself, positions beside Min Seok, ready to annoy the latter.

 

“I am not going back on Exo if that’s you’ll insist.” Min Seok pounced on the next branch above him, standing like a boss. “I’m not. I was just visiting you.” Chen stayed put on the branch where he sat, looking above the leaves of the trees hovering on them. The glow of the stars shines very light through the spaces between it. Such a nice view over here, Chen thought.

 

“Visit? How sweet of you, pal. I miss you too.” Min Seok huffed, his sarcasm was the best.

 

“When are you returning then? Kris gege wanted to know.” Chen whips his head through Min Seok, not far from the view his vision was composured.

“Not until Chanyeol is convinced.” Chen nods after the statement of the other. Min Seok would always say the right things, only if it suits him. “Are you persistent enough? You know you only have three weeks left to get back. Or else, you’ll be banished.”

 

“I am, of course! In fact I already killed that stupid moron on Chanyeol’s life. Stupid.” Min Seok huffed, he was telling the truth. He wouldn’t want to keep a secret from Chen, mostly because, he hated lying. But for some reasons, well, see how ironic life can be.

 

He sits on the branch, sneering. “I let him suffer in too much cold! Chen, isn’t it prodigious? I killed someone who’s dying anyway, it wouldn’t worry my conscience a lot, you know.” Chen would just grin from the confession from Min Seok.

 

“Not long after this and I’ll be back into our planet!” He looks down on Chen, two of them now smiling in sync.

 

“I hope this Chanyeol guy wouldn’t know, haha, I mean, all your plans would fade into, whoops!” Chen clapped his hands with a “whoop” sound and chuckled.

 

“No, He won’t, and never will know how I killed Baekhyun. Not a chance.” Min Seok says.