Is it bad to be good?

The Chronicles of Neverland

“So, Eli, what are your thoughts on what we should do next?” Captain Hook asked his son.

 

“I... I believe we should wait a little bit longer,” Eli answered, many doubts and hesitations still on his mind because of recent events.

 

“Waiting is good. However... we can't wait forever,” he looked up on his son. “I heard that that damn Mordney already had a plan going on. He might make a move soon. He might be making a move now. Or maybe he already has. He has something big on his mind. I can feel it. If he succeeds, we are off the game.”

 

“But we don't know what he's up to. How can we stop him?”

 

“True. We might as well strike ourselves. It would be much easier if you had managed to capture Shin Dongho back then.” Eli lowered his head. “I'm not blaming you, son. I'll give you another chance. We will destroy him this time. Besides, the more he escapes, the more he makes me annoyed. He thinks doing good deeds and stopping us is a child's game. I'll teach him a lesson.”

 

“Is it that bad to be good?” Eli could not stop himself from asking.

 

“Is it bad? It's ridiculous! It's for the weak ones! If you can take something, why wouldn't you? If you have the power, why would you restrain yourself for getting what you want? Let alone, why, why would you waste your energy on helping others with their pathetic problems? People like Dongho make me laugh. Well, good for them. I mean bad for them. Because they will all eventually fall into the hands of us, who are not restrained by anything as stupid as morals.”

 

Why? Maybe because I feel that the others are real beings with feelings and rights? Just like me? Why is father talking like this?

 

“Anyway, if we act soon enough, Neverland is ours. Just imagine it – every being fearing us whenever we go. Chaos and fear, and fun for us. Won't it be great? Don't screw anything up. Understand?”

 

“Y-yes, father.”

 

Eli stepped out of his father's cabin deep in thoughts. This isn't right... I don't want chaos! Fighting between pirates and destroying enemies is one thing... but this is... I never saw this. Was my father always like this? Was I just blind to the fact? No way. I... I can't do this. I can't kill the person who saved my life! I don't want innocent people to be hurt! Why am I only seeing it now?

 

With this on his mind, Eli has decided to leave. He pretended to go somewhere to fulfill his duties and just left. He did not know where he was going nor what he was planning to do, he just kept on going further and further.

 

 

 

Although she was happy for her best friend to be able to reunite with her brother and escape the life she hated, Shinmi was strangely not at ease. She was not sure if she had a place where she would belong to in there. All her life was always clear – keep your mouth shut and follow what your masters tell you to do. But now no one was telling her what to do. So she did not know.

 

She was sitting on a chair next to the window and looking out. I wonder how young master is doing, she remembered the last person she had seen on board. She felt guilty for not following the order. A part of her had wanted to stay. She felt like going to his room to clean again. She felt quite safe during that time. Because young master treated her good – at least compared to other pirates. He would not scold her for the smallest mistakes and hit her or punish her.

 

She was sure no one would be able to tell any difference now the two of them were gone. They were just two insignificant servants. No one would miss them. Not even AJ. She frowned. She felt like... she missed him. Strange, it was not like they were close. They could not – he was a master, she was a servant.

 

“What are you thinking so profoundly about? You don't wanna return, do you?”

 

“I'm glad to be with you, Giyeon-ah,” Shinmi shook her head. “It's just... I don't know what to do in here... I feel like I don't belong here...”

 

“Of course you do, pabo. Fine, I know what you need. I order you to stop thinking about it and start a new life here. Good?” Shinmi just smiled weakly and nodded.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, the boys were trying to figure out what could have happened to Namjung. There were other lost boys living in the house, but they barely went into this part of it, since it was very large and everyone had their place. No one has heard nor seen anything.

 

“Aren't these signs of fight?” Hoon studied some objects that were knocked over.

 

“So she was kidnapped?” asked Kevin.

 

“But who could..?”

 

“Guys. Don't you think it was weird that there were so few pirates on the ship?” Dongho spoke up. The others pondered, afraid to voice what it could mean.

 

“We have to go back!” Soohyun abruptly stood up.

 

“Are you insane? We can't possibly fight them like this. We don't even know for sure that she's there. We don't know what they want.”

 

“So what do we do?”

 

 

 

Unlike what the naive fairy believed, AJ cared very much that she was gone. What has made him even angrier was the fact that no one seemed to care that a bunch of lost boys sneaked on the ship just like that and help two of the servants escape. His father? He was disturbed by the fact that they did actually manage to get inside, which would imply that the security on his ship lack discipline, but then he just laughed it off. Indeed, such a loss was quite insignificant, but the way his father laughed gave AJ a feeling that there was something he did not know about.

 

Since he was so restless, he decided to get out. To take a walk or something... something that would make him think of anything else. He went to the dock and aimlessly wandered around. Until he bumped into someone.

 

“What are you doing here?” he couldn't believe his eyes. In front of him, there stood Eli. AJ was in no mood to fight right now.

 

“Leave,” he added when Eli was not saying anything.

 

“Who are you to tell me what to do?”

 

“These docks belong to my family. You're not welcome here.”

 

“I don't really care about that.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Frankly? Nothing. I'm just passing, you know, I didn't even expect meeting you here. But since I already have and since you're kind of pissing me off...”

 

“What are you doing here? Looking for me, huh?” suddenly another person chose the best time to jump out next to the boys.

 

“Not now, Hyona,” AJ growled.

 

“Oh! That's...” Hyona recognized Eli and made the space between them bigger.

 

“You know, why don't you return to your great father you worship so much and leave our territories?” AJ asked Eli. Of course he could not know that Eli had escaped from home because he had been disappointed by his father's ways just a few days ago, but this remark still made Eli angry. It was a sore spot, after all.

 

“Why don't you mind your own business?”

 

“Who is it that's wandering at a place he doesn't belong to?”

 

The two somehow started fighting again, although this time it was just a few pushes and punches before Hyona was able to separate them.

 

“We're at a public place...”

 

“Nevermind. I'm in no mood for this,” AJ stated and walked away. Hyona was about to follow him, but something made her turn back. When Eli had been pushed on the ground, a few objects from his pocket spilled on the ground. Hyona could swear she was seeing her lost bracelet now. The only thing AJ has ever given to her. The bracelet she cherished much. Eli gathered all the stuff he had dropped and put it back into his pocket.

 

“Yah!” Hyona completely forgot about AJ walking away. Eli looked at with confusion in his face.

 

“That's my bracelet, isn't it? Wait, I have lost it up there, when you- It is my bracelet! Give it back!”

 

Eli remember the bracelet that had gotten caught up on his clothes and He had wanted to rid of it, but had been interrupted in the end. So it was hers...

 

“Give it back!” she demanded again, forgetting any fear and stepping closer, attempting to reaching to his pocket to get it back herself.

 

“A lady all over me, and at a public place,” he while smirking. She realized that she was too close, and at a public place, and blushed because of his stupid remark.

 

“Just give it back.”

 

“You know what, I think I'm gonna keep it...” he could not care less about some stupid bracelet, but it was fun to tease this immature girl. He winked at her and trailed off.

 

“You thief!” she ran after him. Not fast enough. He got lost in the crowd.

 

 

 

“It was a great idea to stalk the princess... not only did she give us an opportunity to kidnap her, but also showed us where that Shin Dongho and his little friends have their hide-out.”

 

“Yes, Captain.”

 

“What should we do next? Oh well, no matter what we do, the throne of Neverland is almost mine! Bwahaha! Oh. Just one thing. Keep your eye on my son. I still believe I will need him,” Captain Mordney ordered.

 

“Yes, Captain.”

 

“But now... time to laugh evilly at my success! Bwahahahaha! Bwahaha!”


When I was thinking of the title, I remembered G.E.M.'s song. It's good to be bad, good to be bad~ (random :D)

Anyway, thanks for comments as always :)