You Are The Only One;; Winner? Or...Not?

You Are The Only One [songfic]

"Well, how about we eliminate the others in order to reveal the second and our winner for this year?" The co-host said, making you shiver in nervousness, since you do not know if you will be eliminated first, or win this competition. You squeezed the hands of the contestants beside you, at your left was the last contestant who performed, and to your right, it was the contestant who performed first, perhaps second? You forgot it, since your nervousness were making you feel like you're going to explode up any minute.

 

Meanwhile, Henry was feeling your uneasiness, he can feel it. Since you always let out an uneasy smile. You caught his gaze and let out a full smile, not forced, nor uneasy. It was a pure genuine smile. Once you did, Henry smiled back, making butterflies flutter inside your stomach, your heart beating faster if possible. You only felt this around him, only him. Your only one love. You momentarily forgot where you are, but as soon as the host coughed, you took a deep breathe. 

 

This is it. 

 

The host and his co-host eliminated the contestants one by one, as the contestants took a step backwards, with a blank face, some were in the verge of crying, some were already tearing up while some were still nervous--including you. You were glad you weren't eliminated yet. But different thoughts clouded your mind, either positive or negative. 

 

Maybe you're going to be eliminated soon.

 

Maybe you're going to win this competition.

 

Your mind was full of 'Maybe's, and this is going to be cleared up very soon. You hoped for the best, ofcourse, you hoped to win. You think you deserved it anyways. You started clearing up your mind in a minute, your thoughts started wandering off to the memories you made with Henry. Oh, those good memories you won't ever forget. But in life, there are sweet memories and there are those bitter ones. As your mind started to wander through things, a voice rang through your ears. You looked at your right, and that voice started saying words you never want to hear. 

 

You will not win this competition.

 

You're a loser and even if you tried hard, you won't win.

 

I'm way better than you are. 

 

Brittany's words were cruel, so cruel that it lowered your self-esteem. That time, you were getting suspicious. Why were the judge avoiding Brittany's gaze, and why aren't they calling your name to take a step backwards. Then it started to hit you, hard. You were competing with Brittany to win this competition. "Who might be this year's winner? Was it going to be the unbeatable Brittany? Or we had a new winner? In your opinion, who will win this year's competition?" The host asked the audience, and almost all of them said it was you. But some of them said it belongs to Brittany, which made you kinda sad. 

 

But as you saw Henry, which was shouting your name, a smile slowly crept up on your face. You're going to win this no matter what. "So, we'll jump to the winner. We will announce the winner now! And lastly, the second!" The co-host said. You kinda agreed to it, since you were thinking that you'll definitely win this competition.

 

"We'll count from one to three and we'll announce the winner for this year's competition!" The host said, and somehow, nervousness crept up to your heart, you don't even know why.

 

"One." Your heart started racing.

 

"Two." Your vision started spinning.

 

"Three." You want to cry, whether it's going to be tears of joy or tears of pain,  you do not seem to care.

 

"The winner this year is Brittany Johnson!" The hosts chorused, as you shook your head. The audience gawked in dissapointment. It was obvious that they want you to be the winner--not Brittany. Brittany glared at the audience but quickly hid it with a big smile plastered on her pretty face. The judge were smiling in happiness, but as you look at their eyes, it says the total opposite.

 

Your smiles may hide your tears, but your eyes can't lie.

 

You saw Henry's eyes widened. He was too shocked, too disappointed. It seems like he wants to go and have a talk with the judges. To see the results, if he heard it right. You lowered your shoulders, and went off the stage with the other contestants. "Hey, atleast you won the second place. I never won anything." A contestant tried to cheer you up, but it seems like no one can cheer you up in this situation. You hate yourself for hoping too high. You just faked a smile at her, bowed, went to get your things and slowly walked away. You walked away from the place--the place where you want to win.

 

But it seems like fate is playing with you, as Brittany ran up to you, and pulled your wrist, making you turn to her. "What do you need?" You asked rather coldly. You don't seem to care if she will call you disrespectful or something near that. You were sad, disappointed, stressed. "I won. Loser." She said with a smirk and walked away as if nothing just happened.

 

You assumed that she was right. You were a loser. You started running away from the backstage. You ran to the nearest park. It was where you go to whenever you're feeling down. You always go there with Henry though. But this time, you're all by yourself. You had no one to lean on. You were too weak to even pick up your phone which was ringing every minute.

 

It must be Henry.

 

Who will be with you now?

 

Author's Note______________________________________________________________________________________

Long time no update. *sighs* Sorry if this chapter is too long for your likeness.

I'm feeling weird today. Don't know why though.

I hope you like this chapter.

Thank you for subscribing, and in advance, for commenting!

I might post another update, but when school starts this Monday, I'm afraid I'm going to update on weekends.

Anyways, what do you think about our new chapter poster/main image? I edited it on my own. >< I rushed it up but will add finishing touches when found time later on

Ciao!

-myunghee17ukiss