F o u r

Our Memories

 

  The servants and their butlers had their heads bowed in respect as the two young ladies enjoy their meals. It came as no surprise that the breakfast was quiet, as silent as ever. It wasn't that the dinning room empty; in fact there were several people present but not a single voice spoke up. Of course amidst these people in the room, only two were considered 'distinguished' - the two young ladies who sat at the table having breakfast in silence, just as they usually did. 

  Throughout her childhood, she had always been treated like a princess. She had everything she ever needed and wanted. Despite being born only one year later than her sister, she was much more fortunate. As the youngest child of the family, everything was taken care of and she had seemingly nothing to worry about.

  That was her life, which was pretty much set for her.

  Nana was grateful, she truly was. She had always treasured her family more than anything else. She saw herself as truly fortunate, for she had almost everything in the world.  There were times where Nana would crave for her parents' attention which were often devoted to managing the company and she would feel down. But she had a wonderful sister, who cared for her more than anyone else. And Yoona would always be there for her when she was feeling down, patting her head soothingly while Nana would lay her head on her petite shoulder.

  Back then, the two sisters were that close.  

  However, everything changed when Yoona turned twelve on 30th May. She was declared a genius by world renowned analyst, much to her parents' pride. Despite Nana's pleads for her to stay in Korea, she was rejected flatly. In an instant, her kind-hearted sister had changed in her eyes and she felt abandoned. With that, she left Korea and her sister who was so close once, for four years.

  Their farewell was short yet too painful for such an innocent eleven-year-old child to bear.

  After her return from her graduation, everything had changed. Her younger sister was no longer the bubbly bright child she used to know. And, her autocratic and competent father who led Im Corporation to success had grown old and he no longer had the ability to endure the pain of managing such a big company for his health had declined. She devoted all her time to live up to her father's expectations and her unwavering determination was what her father had found in her and he knew she was the perfect one to take over. 

  She had always stayed strong, and will become ever stronger.

 

~~~

 

  Jaejoong flipped through a thick catalogue as he sat comfortably attempting to pick out a dress for his partner for tonight's event.

  "Mr Kim, you're picking a dress for tonight's event?"

  "It's not for me, Vic." He chuckled lightly with a tone of amusement, as he stared at his beautiful secretary, Victoria.

  "I mean, you're picking a dress for your partner?" Victoria spoke cautiously. "Afterall, the event is tonight. Any woman attending would have pick out their dress."

  "Whether she wears it or not, I don't really mind. But, I need to at least show my sincerity in requesting her to be my partner. You won't understand the thoughts of a man, Vic." He spoke nonchalently, leaving Victoria speechless.

  No doubt, Jaejoong was a flawless man who had almost everything in his grasp. He was a particular man; a perfectionist to be more precise.

  Working under him for such a long time, Victoria had never really understood him but one thing she was certain was that he had always been good at pleasing girls, but he was even better at breaking their hearts.    

  "So, which dress would it be?" She spoke dryly, raising her eyes skeptically.

  "This. Send it to the Park Mansion, for Jessica." 

  Jessica, the young heiress of Park Corporation?

  As far as Victoria could recall, Jaejoong had bluntly turned down all marriage arrangements with the highly- distinguished Park Family to settle down with the young heiress.

  And, why would he be inviting her to be his partner, if he was not interested in her?

 

 ~~~

 

  "You're really popular, aren't you?" She picked up a bouquet of roses on her table, admiring the unique color of the rare roses. "Your admirer is romantic and rich. Blue roses are really uncommon in Korea, Yoona." 

  Yoona shook her head slightly and looked at her playful, willowy and beautiful friend who held the bouquet of blue roses in her hands. Her lomg dark curls cascaded down her back, and her tanned skin glowed flawlessly under the light.

  "Admirer? He should have known better than to give me a bouquet of roses." She scoffed, without taking a second look at the bouquet that was delivered specially to her.

  "All girls love flowers except you! And do you remember the journal entry you've written?" She spoke in exasperation, placing her hands on her hips.

  "Real flowers as compared to artificial flowers have no value at all - their beauty fades as they wither away. They're too fragile and weak. Without constant care and watering, they'd never survive on their own. Therefore artificial flowers would be more worthy." 

  "I do, and the teachers were particularly worried." She shrugged nonchalently.

  "We were barely nine back then, and as much as I could recall, I wrote mostly about my crushes. Of course, the teacher would be worried to find out that the mind of such an innocent child was so corrupted." She spoke with distain as she looked at Yoona, shaking her head helplessly. 

  "And you never did change at all. Maybe you should slow down your pace and take a look at the world we're living in before moving off again."

  "I can't. Some things can't be changed."

  "Then how about Park Yoochun? Will this admirer of yours remain only as your admirer?" She smiled cheekily, earning a painful nudge from her friend.

  "Yah, Kwon Yuri!"

  ~~~

 

  "Sica, there's a big parcel for you!" Yoochun's loud voice echoed through the house.

  Unable to contain his curiosity, he read the card placed on top of the parcel. "It's from Jaejoong. Apparently, he wants to thank you for accepting his request as his partner for tonight's event."

  "Oppa, don't you know what is basic respect for one's privacy?" She inhaled slowly, before sighing in exasperation.

  "We're too close to talk about privacy, Sica!" He chuckled and ruffled his hair sister's hair lightly.

  They weren't biological siblings and the blood that flowed within them were indeed different. But they were close, much closer than biological siblings.

  An accident took the lives of the Jung Family cruelly, leaving behind the two siblings who instantly became orphans. Earning her the nickname of 'Ice Princess', Jessica developed an icy-cold personality and a sharp tongue. Though she may seem hard to approach, she was afraid of loneliness and craved for a companion.

  And it was Yoochun who had brought light to her life which had darkened once and stayed by her side to give her the warmth she needed.

  Her eyes beamed in delight as she unwrapped the parcel. "It's a beautiful dress, isn't it?"

   "Not really, it's rather plain. The one we chose yesterday was much ..." Yoochun wasn't much impressed. As Jaejoong's childhood friend, he knew him just too well. Jaejoong would never prepare a gift with much sincerity. It would always be either picked nonchalently by himself or he would just leave it to his secretary's choice. 

  "I've decided."

  "What?"

  "I'll be wearing this dress."

  Yoochun groaned. 

~~~

 

Hi readers! An update, finally!

I'm really sorry for the late update, as I was busy with the new story, Seventh Heaven.

Do support :) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/201940/seventh-heaven-2pm-fxband-shinee-snsd-superjunior-tvxq-exo

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update whenever I'm free.

Anyway, this chapter reveals a little about the childhood of Park and Im Family :)

I'd like to highlight some points in this chapter.

Jessica isn't insecure/inferior like Nana, instead she's afraid of loneliness. But they do share something in common; it is the feeling of being abandoned. And they experienced such feeling when they were only an innocent child, which is very difficult for them to go through. Sadly, Nana does not have a companion like Jessica who has Yoochun to give her the warmth and comfort she needs.

Jaejoong is a rather hypocritical man. But he's really mysterious because even his capable assistant who worked for him so many years never did understood him well.  He never does things for no reason. that's for sure. And why did he start to develop an interest in Jessica after such a long time since young? And, there's definitely a significant place for Jaejoong in Jessica's heart. 

Poor Yoochun who could never stand up against Jaejoong! But, he's a hero in my heart. He was always there for Jessica who needed him. He treasures her alot.

Isn't Yoona's journal entry when she was in elementary school pretty hilarious?  But I wanted to show how practical and unique she was even as a young child. She's just different from any other kid. She makes sharp analysis and comes up with a conclusion on her own despite her young age. She's born to take over her family business :)

And a new character has appeared - Kwon Yuri~ Yay! A little spoiler for the readers who had waited patiently! It's not going to be her alone, she has a brother! Do try to guess who her brother is!  Hint: Charismatic and Rich ^_^ 

Do comment & subscribe!

Goodbye~