Chapter 16

Don't You Understand Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Jihye started searching for her parents. But, she still hadn't found her family. It's Saturday again and Jihye's off to Banpo after serving breakfast to her sister.

Banpo is where most celebrities live. There were many Kims here.

I hope I can finish this in one day. I hope I can find them soon.

Jihye had gone to five families and there was still no luck. She had a few houses left and it was already evening. Jihye could feel the tiredness seeping in.

Ding-dong Ding-dong

Jihye rang the bell and waited for a few minutes before the door opened, revealing a beautiful woman probably around the age of forty. She had that sweet, mother-like aura around her.

"What can I help you with, dear?" She asked. She was wearing a blue apron, and Jihye assumed she was cooking.

""Excuse me, may I see the Kims here?" Jihye replied

"I am one. What do you need to us for?"

"May I come in first? I need to talk about something." Jihye asked about the woman politely.

She invited Jihye in and let her sit on one of the couches. The house was very clean and it smelled good. Lavender. Jihye's favourite scent of all time.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about? It seems serious. And what is your name, dear?" The woman said as she served Jihye a cup of tea and a plate of chocolate chips cookies, that seemed like it was just took out from the oven minutes ago.

"It's like this. Do you perhaps have a daughter?" Jihye asked taking it slow. She didn't want to surprise the woman and have herself chased out.

"I do. In fact, she is fifteen now. Why are you asking me this?" She asked as suspicion arose within her.

"Oh. But, do you ever giveaway a daughter?" By that question, the woman flinched, that didn't went unnotice by Jihye.

"Do you?" Jihye asked again.

Ding-dong Ding-dong

The bell rang and the woman quickly left to get the door.

 A few minutes later, she came in with a man wearing a suit and had a few wrinkles and a boy who was also wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter