Chapter 1

Polaris (Han Byul)

No One's POV:

"Ey Byul!"  Ara yelled with her smiling face and singsong voice as she ran over to Han Byul who was, again, in her own little world reading a book on planets and stars with her trusty sidekick: glasses.  Big, thick and ugly too.

"Hey!"  Ara yelled in her ear as Han Byul jumped and almost dropped her book.  She looked over at Ara with wide eyes as she sighed with relief.

"Oh its just you Ara... scared me half to death... again."  Han Byul stated.  Ara giggled, "Sorry.  But you gotta stop being a bookworm and get out more often, because youre like this its an excuse for yoona and all the others to make fun of you.  Han Byul gave her a faint smile, Yoona and them were Ara's popualr and prettier friends who were, of course standard mean.  They hated on Han Byul only because she seemed like an easy target: a nerd, shy, innocent, etc.  Ara hung out with them but of course didnt make fun of Han Byul and often stood up for her, after all she was her bestest friend.  Though Han Byul may seem vulnerable she could probably fry yoona and them with her "star energy".  Yes she was a super freak.  But she learned to accept it for 6 long years after her father died.  Han Byul doesnt often use her powers but when theres a need, well cant argue with that.

"I wont let her get to me."  Han Byul stated.

"Thats the POINT.  If you dont let her get to you shes just gonna keep trying and trying."  Ara said.  Then, looking at the time, the two hurried to class: astronomy.

"Its not like im gonna give in so easily."  Han Byul said as they were taking their seats.

"Oh comeon-"

"Hey Ara..."  Yoona came around smiling with her elegant expensive bag and outfit.  Then she turned her attention to Han Byul with a disgusted face, "Freak."

"Nice seeing you too."  Han Byul said sarcastically as she sarcastically smiled.

"Yoona.. be nice."  Ara said in a warning tone.

"Whatever.  We were gonna go shopping after class. you wanna come?"  Yoona asked.

"Sure why not!" Ara smiled completely changing her tone.  Han Byul simply ignored all this and kept reading her book.

"Great."  Yoona said smiling, "See you after."  Then she "accidentally" knocked Han Byuls book down, "Oops Sorry."  She slyly smiled as she walked off to her seat.  Han Byul sighed as she bent over to pick the book up as at the same time a young man came into the classroom.  There were whispers and gasps as the girls silently squealed.

"Oh My God.... Its THE CHOI DONG WOOK."  Ara whispered to Han Byul as she looked up to see the young man in a nice outfit, not too elegant and not too casual.  He had few astronomical books in his hand as he set them down to his desk as he looked up and smiled.  The girls squealed.

Han Byul sighed in her brain, I mean she thought he was handsome but not so much that she would squeal and faint.  There were plenty of other more handsome men out there.  Either way here's the side story:  Choi Dong Wook was the legendary substitute teacher at Seoul Uni.  He was legendary a. because he was the youngest: 23 years old and b. hes drop dead gorgeous and smart.

All the girls swooned over him but he simply smiled at them and let their affections pass.  Of course they never do pass.

"Hello everyone.  I'm sorry Mr. Cho is on a leave of absence for a PERSONAL reason."  He smiled as he scanned the room, "I'll be your substitute for a few days so bear with me."  The girls werent even listening as the guys were groaning.

"Anyway.  Why dont we start."  Dong Wook took chalk and wrote on the board, "My name is Choi Dong Wook.  You can call me Mr. Choi."  He then looked over to the class, "I'll start with some easy questions and whatnot."  

"How long would it take to travel from one end of the visible Universe to the other end, if you were traveling at the speed of light?"  He asked as everyone was silent, "No One?"

Han Byul simply looked out into space as she knew the answer, *14.5 Billion years..*

"14.5 Billion years."  He said as everyone thought to themselves, *easy?..*

"Alright next.. Which star is the brightest in the constellation Ursa Minor?"  He asked expecting answers.  No One answered as he scanned the area and set his eyes on Ara.

"Go Ara?"  She looked up in surprise, "Y-Yes?"

"Do you know the answer?"  He smiled at her.

"U-Umm..."  Han Byul looked over at her as she whispered something, "Polaris.."  

Ara looked over at Han Byul slightly as she smiled, "Polaris."  Dong Wook smiled, "Yes thats exactly right."  Then he went on.

"Thank you."  Ara said smiling at Han Byul, "But i wonder how he knew my name.."

"Everyone does Ara.. youre more popular than you think." Han Byul said smilng.  Dong Wook suspiciously looked over at ARa but went on.

-------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARa and Han Byul were walking about after class until a man walked in the way.  It was Choi Dong Wook.

He looked up at them, mostly at Ara and smiled brightly, "Go Ara? Can we go somewhere and talk for a bit?"  Han Byul looked at him suspiciously as he kept smiling.  Ara almost melted but she mentally slapped herself.

"U-Uh im sorry but i have plans to go shopping right now-"

"I'm afraid i'll have to insist."  His tone of voice suddenly changed as they wre taken back by surprise.  

"Umm.. well... ok.. i guess i can reschedule."  Something about his tone and voice made Ara change her mind... like she was almost afraid.

He smiled brightly once more, "Alright. follow me."  

"Wait! I'm coming too."  Han Byul said.

"Sorry.  But i didnt ask you-"

"I'm afraid i'll have to insist."  Han Byul said demanding.  he looked at her as Ara couldve sworn there was lightning between their glares.  Then he suddenly smiled, "Of course."

THen he walked on as they followed him puzzled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were walking for a while now as they seemed to walk to an area where there werent much ppl. almost seemed abandoned.  THen suddenly Dong Wook stopped short.... something was wrong....  HE then suddenly looked to his right as he saw a man, In a leather suit, running after him with a katana.

"AHHH!!!!"  The man charged as Dong Wook dodged.  

"What the-"  ARa was interrupted as more men came attacking them.  Dong Wook was occupied with the man so he couldnt help them.  They started grabbing Ara as they pushed Han Byul down.

"ARA!!!'  Han Byul yelled as they grabbed her.

"Han Byul!!"  Ara yelled.  THen Dong Wook looked over as he stabbed the guy with his own sword and swiftly ran to help them.  He beat up the guys that were on Ara as he grabbed her and ran. leaving Han Byul behind.

"Hey!"  the remaining guys attacked her as Dong Wook and Ara were out of sight.  Han Byul stood up as she looked at them.

*Alright.. here goes..*  Then her eyes glowed a faint yellow color as a swift yellow kinda forcefield/blast appeared and knocked them all down before they knew what was happening.  Then she looked up and ran after Dong Wook.

She made it to an alleyway with a deadend as she sighed, "Where the heck did they go?"  SHe started walking back and forth then stopped to stand around.

"Wheree-"  She suddenly dropped into the ground, "AHHH!!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where am i?"  ARa kept asking as Dong Wook brought her into this huge facility with men and women working.  Almost like a huge science lab.  She was seated in a room with him as they were waiting for someone.

He didnt respond.

"I said-"  Then the door opened and a middle aged looking man came in.  

"Is this she?"  The man asked.

"Sir. Yes sir."  Dong Wook said as he saluted him.

"Good Job. Se7en.  you may go and change now."  The man said as Dong Wook saluted once more and left the room.

"Where the hell am i?!"  Ara yelled demanding to know.

The man looked at her as he sat down in front of her, "My name is Lee Byung Hun.  And this is the I.S.I facility.  Basically, a spy organization and we've been spending many years looking for you... Polaris..."

Ara widened her eyes in disbelief.