Chapter 6

The Secret

Ding…Dong…Ding…Dong

It was the end of school day.

‘Hey babe, how was your day?’ Minho was being an obedient boyfriend, waiting for Hara at the main gate. He cuddled her with his left arm as soon as Hara gets to him.

‘Hey!’ He greeted the rest of us too.

‘Yo bro!’ Mir gave Minho a high five while his other hand was on Min’s shoulder.

Hara, Min, Mir and I were in the same class while the rest were in different classes.

‘Where are the rest, Minho?’ I asked while looking around.

‘Oh! Seohyun says she needs to go to the library and so Jinwoon…’

 ‘I guess he followed too?’ I continued. It’s pretty obvious though.

‘Yeah~’ Minho said.

I smiled.

Unexpectedly, I was being raised by a pair of hands embraced around my waist.

‘Hey sweetie! I miss you!’ My boyfriend snuggled into my neck and placing small pecks from behind. He always appears out from nowhere. It can be quite irritating sometimes.

‘Hmm~ Strawberry.’ He smelled my hair.

‘Hey Key.’ He finally let me down but his hands are still log on to my waist.

‘Babe, I’ll walk you home today?’ Minho asked Hara.

‘Minho, I’m sorry. I wanna have some time with the girls today. You can walk me home tomorrow?’ Hara looked up into Minho with her sparkly puppy eyes. How could Minho say no?

‘What?! Then I couldn’t spend my time with my Nicole today?!’ Key squealed and was squeezing me tighter into his embrace.

‘Minho, say no! Say no!’ Key pleaded Minho, acting like a baby with his pouted mouth.

‘Alright then, where are you going?’ Minho wouldn’t want to ruin his girlfriend’s plan.

‘Oh great!’ Key threw his hand up and was speechless for his best friend’s decision.

‘I guess we will be hanging around in Got it All Shopping Mall.’ Hara said.

‘Does this mean Min has to go too?’ Mir asked, hoping not.

‘Ding! Score! You are right! Your girlfriend won’t be accompanying you today, thanks to bxstard Mr. Choi Minho here!’ Key punched on Minho’s arm.

‘Hey Key! Stop it would ya! You are so fxcking irritating!’ Minho was annoyed by Key’s aggravate behavior. Minho could be a patient guy however if one stepped on his tail, he could be pretty irascible.

‘Key, come on. I could still go out with you tomorrow. Let us girls have our time today, okay?’ I tried to convince.

Key sighed.

‘Okay then. Call me when you are back home.’ He on my bangs.

I nodded.

Soon, the guys were off, leaving us 3 behind. Seohyun didn’t join us that day, she was busying with her studies. Jinwoon accompanied her.

‘Shall we go now?’ Min asked.

‘Yeah! Let’s go.’ Hara was leading the way.

‘Hey, Hara! I thought we are heading to the mall?’ I was curious why Hara took the opposite way of where we are going.

‘Nope, on second thought. Let’s come to my house first.’ Hara continued walking.

I turned to look at Min. She was also in her ‘I don’t know’ condition.

We have no choice but to follow along.

*********************************************************************************

Bang#@!~

Slide~~~~

Hara was looking into her closet. She has a great quantity of beautiful outfits in her wide wardrobe. Night wear, summer wear, casual wear, clothes which are ready for any occasion.

Hara lives in a lovely semi-D with her parents. She is the only daughter of a pair of professional lawyers.

‘Hey! Hara. Where are we going?’ Min and I was standing behind her, observing at what she is doing.

‘Where did it go?’ Hara didn’t pay attention to us. She scratched her head and continues searching through her wardrobe. Pieces of clothes were thrown out.

‘There you are!’ Hara finally found her dress. It was a sparkling tube dress attached with dark blue sequins all around.

‘Whoa! Hara! That’s so pretty!’ Min was amazed. She ran towards Hara and placed her hands on the dazzling dress.

‘Oh yeah! Girls, you may pick your dress too. We are going clubbing tonight!’ Hara finally answered the question.

‘What?!’ I was shocked.

‘Yeehee~~!!!’ Min was over excited over the dresses in the wardrobe.

‘Hara, you didn’t say anything about clubbing just now? And we have school early in the morning tomorrow. I…’

‘Nicole. Come on! Just this once! Please~’ Hara pressed her palms together. She knew I wouldn’t bear to see her pleading me.

‘But mom…’ Hara didn’t let me finish.

‘I promised I’ll bring you back before 12 midnight?’ Hara and her puppy eyes again.

I wasn’t sure about this but I nodded anyway.

‘Yeah!! I love you Nic!’ She jumped up with joy.

I chuckled.

‘I’m making a call first.’ I slide out my phone from my pocket, inserting my mom’s cell number.

‘Hara! Which do you think suits me better?’ Min was holding two dresses on her hands, asking for Hara’s opinion.

*********************************************************************************

Before long, we have already dressed up for the party. Hara wore her favorite blue sparkling tube dress while letting down her long silky hair, gliding along her back. While Min was in her black leather tube dress which sharpened her S lined perfectly.

‘Hara, Min. You really think this is okay?’ I wasn’t comfortable with the short dress I’m wearing. My back was totally exposed.

‘Honey! You look great!’ Min was positive with her choice.

 ‘Yeah, Min is right! You look wonderful. In fact, you should wear like this more often.’ Hara complimented.

I was in a hot pink, layered dress along with my hair tied up high. I looked into the mirror. It reflected someone that I could hardly recognize. It was me.

Honk honk@#!~

‘Oh! He is here!’ Hara said while hurriedly packing up her cosmetics into the pouch.

Who’s here? Is there someone else too?I thought.

Shortly, we were out from the house.

‘Hey Hara!’ a well dressed guy with formal casual outfit was leaning against his shinny sport car.

‘Who is that?’ I whispered to Min. Since she knew Hara longer than I did, I guess she may know him?

Hara ran forward to the decent young guy and gave him a big hug. They seem to know each other pretty well, I thought.

‘I have forgotten what his name is. If I’m not mistaken, I think he was Hara’s childhood friend. He is elder than us by a year. They were very close to each other moreover Hara had a crush on him back then. However 6 years ago, he left to study overboard. So now, I guess he came back?’ Min whispered back.

It seems rather dramatic, I wonder did Min made that up.

‘Hey guys! I want you to meet Seungri, my childhood friend. This is Nicole and Min.’Hara introduced us to each other.

 I guess Min didn’t make it up then.

Soon, we hop on to his classy sport car and headed to the Pump it Up Club.

*********************************************************************************

The atmosphere there was dusky and dingy. The intermingled smells of smoke and sweat and too many people instantly assaulted my nostrils as I inhaled deeply. I was sitting by myself at the corner on the barstool. Hara, Min and Seungri had headed to the dance floor melted away into the crowds.

‘Your fruit punch, miss.’ The bartender slid my drink to me.

‘Thanks.’ The bartender was somehow good looking. I gave him a smile.

‘I didn’t see you here before. Are you new?’ He asked.

I was surprised but glad that someone had broken my boredom.

‘Yeah. My friend brought me here. They are dancing.’ I took a bite on the peach and sip on the beverage. A sip of the simple mixture, cold and fruity against my lips.

‘Some friend you got there, They abandoned you here alone.’ He was wiping on the glasses.

‘No no… They did offer me to dance. But, I wasn’t use to the crowd that’s why I rejected. They are really good friends.’ I wouldn’t want him to misunderstand.

‘Ok ok! You need not to be so serious. I was just joking.’ He giggled.

In the moment, the view of someone’s back draws my attention. I know I’ve seen that body figure somewhere before. The mystery someone gradually became unclear as he packed into the dancing crowd and out the entrance.

‘Miss, what’s your name?’ The bartender asked.

I wasn’t paying any attention to him. I was carried away by the familiar back of someone. I was certain that I’ve met him before.

‘I’m sorry.’ I left the barstool with my small purse.

I pushed my body through the pulsating throng. I was being squeezed in the crowd. The sense of stuffy smoke choked me and stung my eyes. Finally, I found my way out the entrance.

He was there. His well trained bodyline, his brown silky hair with bangs covering one of his eyes. As well as his saintly features against his fair complexion.

It was him.