Chapter 3

The Secret

Chapter 3

 ‘Hey! Cole, I see you look all better today?’ Mir was teasing me.

‘Yeah, I felt a lot better from a long doze yesterday.’ I lied. I wasn’t sleeping the whole night. I was out. Key touched my forehead to reassure I was really well and his worried made me felt guilty.

‘Cole! Since you are a lot better today! I wouldn’t let you miss any of the fun today!! We’re going water skiing, riding motorcars and having BBQ tonight! Yeah!!!!’ Min was hyper today.

‘Really?!!’ I always wanted to try one of those. Moreover, BBQ! I love it.

‘Yeah!!!!’ Min and I was too excited, we were squealing and jumping around with our two short ponytails bouncing. Min wanted me to tie them as she wants us to look alike.

We were at the hotel lobby, waiting for Hara and Minho.

‘Hey! They are here!’ Seohyun pointed.

Hara and Minho rushed over.

‘I’m sorry guys. I couldn’t find my sun block. Did you guys waited long?’ Hara was concerned.

‘It doesn’t matter Hara. So did you find it?’ I asked.

‘Yeah~ She found it underneath her dirty clothes. And I wonder how did it get to there?’ Minho chuckled in the same time felt curious.

‘It doesn’t matter, Minho.  I still feel bad wanted you guys to wait.’ Hara apologized again. I patted on her shoulder. I didn’t mind and so of the others.

‘Hey! Let’s cut our talking and go grab our breakfast before the van arrives.’ Jinwoon suggested.

‘Yeah!! If you are still talking over a small matter here, we are really gonna hate you now!’ Mir added by making fun of Hara.

After our breakfast, our first stop was the sand racing.  We all looked good in our racing suits. All of us were thrilled to get into the mini car and wanted start racing immediately. However, we took some time practicing and testing our cars first before the instructor sends us into the track. We challenged one another as well as bet that whoever loses the race required to pay for the lunch later. And so, we set in motion, everyone wasn’t willing to lose as we all know all of us enjoys eating, it will probably cause a cow. We all gathered at the starting point, after the starting gesture was shown, we all left in style, left dirt taking to the air causing the scene to appeared smoky. The race was exhilarated, we were overtaking one another without hesitating. I was the second by then, ready to take over Minho to claim the victory. But, I lost, Minho was really fast and skilled. And so, the game ended with the winner which falls on to no other one than Minho, he stepped out the car with pride. Then, me who came in second, was not too far behind, slide my car and ended it with style.

‘Chicky!’ Minho teased while helping me out of the car.

‘Thanks! You were awesome, Minho! Congrats!’ I punched him lightly on the arm.

He is an athletic guy, one of the best sports guy in school.

Soon, Key came in third, then followed by Jinwoon, Min, Hara, Seohyun and lastly... You may guess who that was? Yes, it was Mir.

‘Hey!! No fair!!! The sand ran into my eyes when I was racing!’ Mir complained.

‘Nah- Ah! No excuses! You lost and that’s the fact!’ Jinwoon was glad that Seohyun didn’t come in last as Seohyun is more to academic.

‘If I didn’t have sand went through my eyes! I may have even beaten you! You bxstard Jinwoon!’ Mir screamed with dissatisfaction. He was going to have a child fight with Jinwoon. But since Jinwoon was so much taller than Mir, Mir ended up being bullied instead. The passersby were all glancing at the loud commotion we have here while the other six of us standing aside laughing hysterically.

**********************************************************************************

Later on, we stopped by a rental shop which rent out bicycles. We were supposed to cycle to the nearby town to grab our ‘F.O.C’ lunch and also purchase souvenirs back home before we leave O’Beat Island tomorrow. There are all kinds of bicycles there, the tricycles, mountain bikes, tandem bikes, unicycles and I thought unicycle was meant for clowns? No idea why did they appear here. Do tourists rent them too? Never mind.

‘Hey! Let’s pick the tandem bikes! Then we could ride them in pairs!’ Min was excited. She kept jerking Mir’s hand while Mir was still mood less, disturbed by getting last for the race.

‘Yeah! I would love to ride it with Jinwoon too!’ Seohyun was overjoyed too.

‘Hmm… Why don’t we ride those too! Nicole?’ Key was looking at me, waiting for my respond.

I smiled and nodded. It doesn’t matter anyways. Either it’s a tandem bike, tricycle or unicycle; I would still end up riding with Key. In this unexpected moment, scenes of having affectionate kiss with the stranger yesterday night kept flashing through my mind. I missed him, and desperately wanting to meet him again. Tonight.

The guys went to get the bikes, while the girls waited outside the shop.

‘Hey! Let’s get a snapshot of this beautiful scene!’ Min suggested.

‘Okay! Okay!’ Seohyun agreed.

All of a sudden, a discharge of voltage twitched my head nerves, I felt prickling in my head. I see double visions and I wasn’t walking firmly. Hara turned back to me. She sensed something isn’t right, hence she ran towards me.

‘Hey! Nicole, are you alright?’ Hara lend me her support.

‘No, I’m fine. I think the weather is too hot. That’s all.’ I wouldn’t want them to worry.

Hara had the ‘I don’t believe you’ eyes staring at me. She didn’t trust me.

‘Hey! Why are you two standing over there for?! Come quickly!’ Min was screaming at the other end.

‘I’m coming! Just a sec!’ I shouted back.

I looked back at Hara, gave her a slight nod of trust and a confident smile.

‘Come on.’ I held Hara’s hand.

The day was really enjoyable, we had fulfilled lunch, and took a walk down the streets. It helped us to digest our food hence we wouldn’t get appendicitis later when we are waterskiing. The waterskiing was lots of fun but maybe too tiring. My body started aching after since. But how can this memorable day end just like that, it must be concluded with a finishing touch perfectly! A wonderful dinner, BBQ! Yap! It was magnificent delicious.

**********************************************************************************

That night, my fever came back. My body was as hot as it was on flames. The fever got even worse than the day before. Everyone was sounded asleep. The room was dark, I sensed and tiptoed along the furniture to get through the living room to the kitchen. I had a glass of water, but it didn’t help to put off the flames in me. My heart starting to beat faster, I was in great pain. I cried out in pain and crouched down as beads of cold sweat were sliding down my face. But, I have to go. This may be the last chance for me to see him.