Lu-Shoe

The reason I love Korea

 

'A sunny morning.' I thought as I stared outside, watching us the sun slowly shows himself and woke up the sleepy people of Seoul. I yawned loudly and stretched my arms as far as It could get, and did my daily upfeel routine "This is going to be a great day!" I exclaimed, and jumped off my bed. Climbing downstairs and not caring on wearing some flip flops even as I stepped outside my homey home. I hopped towards the mail box and grabbed any bills that was left today by the mail man. After getting them all, I made my way back to my house.
 
Looking at every bill sent, one caught my attention. It wasn't even a bill, it was a letter. But from who?
 
I looked at the sender, my eyes widened and I gasped out an "Oh!" It was from Lu Han.
 
Saying his name made my mind turn back to the time where we accidentally met.
 
-flashback-
 
It was a sunday, a rainy sunday. It started as a wonderful day, me receiving my first ever pay. I was a high school student at that time. But sometimes, when my parents fail to give me the amount of money needed for my studies, I submit some of the random stories I made when sometimes I feel like being suffocated by all the emotions that I've been keeping deep inside me. It was a good thing I had a way with words or It'd be nothing but useless rant written down to remind me of all of my problems.
 
I was at the mall that time, I have already seperated on what I needed for school and had a few left. But It was enough to buy some new shoes, mine's kinda getting old and the color is slowly fading. 
 
Opening the door to a shoe store, It was the cheapest shoe store in the mall but still, everything was kinda pricey.  Looking around and browsing, I didn't mind on who was at the store or what they look like. Focusing on finding the right shoe with the right price, which was hard, of course. I wasn't finding for any extravagant and unique shoes to show off, just something comfortable to wear everyday was enough for me.
 
I sighed, everything that I liked was so expensive and everything that I hated was on my reach. Life is really unfair. I was about to get out of the shop, deciding to just browse on the street shops around Seoul. But then..
 
I finally saw it! The perfect shoes with the perfect price. I think It was on sale since It only costed 16,000 won, which is cheap for a bunch of branded shoes. I decided to try it on first before I jump on buying it and finally freeing myself from old worn shoes. I reached out to it and grabbed in the hole where you're supposed to put your feet on, but another hand grabbed it on the lead of it.
 
I looked up to meet eye-to-eye to a young, handsome, not to mention cute, boy. Looking at me like a puppy tilting his head to a new sound his owner makes. "Uhmm..Aren't you going to let go?" I asked, kind of confused because clearly this shoe was for women's only. "Why?" He asked back. "Because...You do realize this is a women's shoe." I replied, lifting my right brow. "Yeah, so?" He asked, again. I looked at him weirdly, maybe his shoe size is a bit too little to find a right pair from the men's corner. He then realized why was I asking it, "Oh! It's not for me, it's for my sister." He said with a shaky korean accent, followed by a chuckle. "Ohh!" Now It made sense. 
 
"Are you a foreigner?" I asked, being the curious cat I am. "Yeah, I actually am studying here at Korea. I'm chinese." He informed me, I nodded my head. "It describes why your korean accent is abit choppy." I laughed after. He lets go of the shoe and scratches the back of his head, "Well, I am new to this. So, I'm not yet that familiar with the accents and the language." He say, looking at the ground. I grabbed the opportunity of his shyness and took the shoe from where it was placed. While he was busy being shy and all that, I slowly backed away and tried to find for a seat to try the shoes on. 
 
"YAH!" I hear someone shout from behind me, I slowly looked back and found the cute boy look at me with a tint of anger. He still looked cute tho, Oh stop it mind. "Where do you think your going with that shoe I'm about to buy?" He asked, his arms placed on his waist with a tone my mother makes when I did something wrong. "Excuse me, I don't see your name on it?" I fought back, I ain't letting this shoe get out of my sight, ever. "Well, I touched it first!" He still insisted on fighting with me. "Na-uh! I touched it and saw it first!" I hmmphed out, letting out my anger. "You can find another shoe to buy, but not this one please!" He begged, now walking towards me. "No way, this is the only shoe that can be bought from my money." I started, "Did you see the prices of the shoes around here, I'd go broke until a month If I insisted on buying them." I continued.
 
"Ohh.." He said, feeling guilty, I guess. "If you put it that way.." His voice faded mid-sentence. "I could buy you one." He then said, making me widen my eye. "What? Why would you do that, I'm just a noisy stranger!" I pointed at myself as I spoke. "Well, I could really buy any of this shoe. But my sister doesn't really like flashy shoes, so I decided on this simple one." He explained. "So, Why not I pay for the shoe you'll choose!" He said with a smile. "B-but..I don't want to have any debt to a person I don't even know." I kind of liked that Idea of his, I could save up a lot of money! "I'm Lu Han, Now you know me. And now let's go!" He grabbed my wrist but I stopped him from dragging me. "But you don't know me.." I still had a doubt about this. "Okay, what's your name?" He asked. "Well.. I'm Choi Yunmin." I introduced myself awkwardly. "There, now we know each other. Let's go!" He said, full of enthusiasm. "W-wait!" I objected but he ignored it.
 
-end of flashback-
 
I smiled, remembering how we fought on what shoe should I buy. And remebered how you acted like my prince charming, kneeling down and putting on the shoes for me.
 
I looked back, looked at the shoes you bought for me, it was still alive until now. I took care of it, I didn't wear it on days when It was rainy. But I would always wear it when there's something important I'm doing, It served like a lucky charm, my lucky shoe. Lu-shoe, yeah, that's what I called you to remember the day we first met and to have something to tease you, because you always teased me as Meanie for being a meanie when we first met.
 

 
First chapter!
The story of how Yunmin & Lu Han met each other.
Oh and btw, Is Luhan's last name lu? So his first name is Han? Sounds like I'm calling him honey~ hihihi :))
Anyways, second chapter up next~
Stay tuned subbies :3