Chapter three

Love's Way » 7,000 Miles [[HIATUS]]

I thought adding this special chapter would make it a little better. I might occasionally throw chapters in other people's point of view in. But for the most part, it will remain in Sahee's point of view. Well, here it is. Enjoy Minho's 'POV':


 

I remember the day I left Seattle. Having to tell Sahee that, well it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I still wonder what she was going to say. She’s never told me. But then again, she won’t even talk to me. She’s blocked me on every online site and she’s changed her number, and so have her parents. The only things I know is what Daesung tells me, but that’s usually just ‘I hate you’s and ‘glad you’re gone’s. I liked Daesung. He, on the other hand, hated me from the very core of his being.

The first time he told me he hated me, he actually scared the living hell out of me. It was at the beginning of our Junior year in high school. Daesung had been getting into shape ever since we started high school, and then, when he walked up to me, I was truly intimidated. Don’t get me wrong, I was far from scrawny. I was pretty fit and all, but Daesung. Wow. I think he’d gotten even bigger just so he could scare me.

--

Daesung walked up to me on the first Thursday of our Junior year. If looks could kill, I’d be far gone by now. He glared at me with daggers in his eyes. When he was only inches from my face, he clenched his jaw and said, “I seriously hate you, Choi Minho. You’re despicable and I wish Sahee had never met you.” I remember my mistake then. I had smirked and acted cocky, “Awh, why Daesung? Because she likes me more than you?” It was a low blow and it made me feel like... well, . Daesung tried to brush it off, he looked away for a moment, then turned back to me, “I swear on my own life, that if you ever hurt her, you won’t live to see another day.”

--

He wasn’t a violent person, and the whole school, no the whole city, knew that. Maybe that’s when I decided it was best to stop fighting my parents about moving. But now that the school year started, they wanted to leave after it was over. I had to dread the day I’d have to tell Sahee, my best friend, that I was leaving her. I love her, well, now in a different sense. Because she turned her back on me when I tried my best to apologize and promise I’d come back. But I can’t blame her. She was my first love, always will be. But I’ve moved on and I’m going to college with a new girlfriend.

I wonder what Sahee would think about how I’ve changed since my return. Korea is so different from Seattle. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is the same. When I got here, all I could think of was the look of pain in Sahee’s eyes and how I wanted to go back. But I couldn’t. I wasn’t old enough to leave without my parent’s consent. They didn’t like Sahee, so it was an obvious no.

They believed that what she was doing to Daesung was wrong. I didn’t agree or disagree with them, because then either way, I’d be forced to stop being her friend. I became completely helpless. I couldn’t be her boyfriend, but I couldn’t just leave her. My parents would disown me if I ever dated Sahee, because they believe she was meant for Daesung, and even Daesung knew they were. I knew they were, no matter how I felt about Sahee. I know her and Daesung were meant to be together. I just didn’t, no, I don’t want it to happen, because she’s supposed to be mine.

I remember the day that I told Daesung that, I think he actually liked me for a moment. Only for a moment, because even to this day, he tells me he hates me and what-not. It , but I guess I deserve it for making them become more distant, but if Sahee didn’t approach me in first grade, it would have never happened. Even considering that she still ‘loves’ me, like Daesung says, he’s still too happy about that day before I left, when I told him to be with her.

--

I had called Daesung and he agreed to meet me, but not without protest. He still hated me, but I was hoping this would resolve our differences. When I arrived at the park, it was already getting dark, and I could see Daesung sitting at one of the benches, waiting for me. I walked up and greeted him with a smile that was returned with a scoff and a swift rolls of his dark eyes. “Real charming,” I muttered. “You like it? I was practicing all day,” he said sarcastically. I sat down next to him. “Now what was it that you wanted? I need to go see Sahee,” he said, obviously annoyed at the sight of me.

“I wanted to tell you...” I paused for a moment, struggling with how to say my next words, “to be with Sahee.” Daesung turned and looked at me like I had bumped my head. “It’s obvious you love her, why do you seem so dumbfounded?” I asked. He chuckled a little before replying, “You know why. Because you play her like a tool. You lead her on. It’s obvious you like her, so why didn’t you ever make a move?”

I sighed deeply and let my head hang. “Because I’ve always known you belonged with her. And my parents ‘forbid’ me from dating her,” I explained, not bothering to look at him. I could feel it in the air that he wore a smug smile of satisfaction. But for conversations sake, he feigned curiosity, “Why did they do that?” “Because they saw that you’re in love with her. They think you two are meant to be together too,” I mumbled, hoping he would only catch a few words. He laughed to himself. “Thanks Minho, but I should go. Glad to know I have your blessing before asking the love of my life to marry me,” he said sarcastically before getting up and waving, not even taking a second glance.

--

I still don’t know if he ever asked her to marry him. He hasn’t told me. But I’m sure he would, because he’d want to rub it in my face as much as possible that he got the girl of our dreams. Yes, our dreams. I still dream of being with her, but I know it’ll never happen now. It’s been too long, and I’m pretty sure she hates me. Maybe I’ll go to Seattle one day and bring my girlfriend, if we’re still together. I’m actually thinking of making her my fiance. But I only want to do that, if her and Daesung really do get engaged.

Nothing has ever made sense in my world. I always thought Sahee was just messing with me. But when Daesung told me not to hurt her , that’s when I knew she actually liked me. Now I felt just as naive as her. Life just wasn’t fair sometimes.

When I came back to Korea, I remember meeting my current girlfriend at a club. At first I had gone there to get drunk and dance away my sorrow, my worries, my stress. But then I saw her. She looked and acted so much like Sahee at first that I almost left the club. But my feet had carried me over to her to reveal her breathtaking features that I never had the chance to see from Sahee. She was wearing a short strapless shirt that stopped just above her belly button and a skin tight mini-skirt. She was gorgeous. It wasn’t until the next morning that I had learned her name though. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, and yes, it’s true. We lost our drunken ity to each other that night. At first it was nice, we actually talked before we got drunk, but when the drinks kept coming, she eventually dragged me to her place and we did such sinful things.

Sinful, because we’re not married. Sinful, because no one should be able to be this beautiful.

--

Her soft hair and skin caressed my neck as she stirred in her sleep. I froze and realized what I had done. I looked down and she opened an eye, “Good morning, sweet prince.” . Sahee always called me that. But there’s nothing between us anymore, so Prince is open for anyone to call me, right? “Good morning... uh...?” I struggled, trying to remember if she had given me her name. “Bom,” she said is the cutest tone I had ever heard, “Park Bom.” We were both still , and her sinfully soft and pale skin was just breathtaking. I looked away and she frowned.

“Am I that ugly?” she asked, hurt masking her voice. “No, no. I just never thought that I’d end up in this kind of situation. I always pictured my first time being on my honeymoon,” I explained. Yeah, call me cliche, but I always thought that the best kind of was the first time you shared yourself with anyone on the night that you finally tied the knot. But these days, it didn’t usually happen that way.

Bom looked up and kissed my jaw, since my cheek was out of reach. “Do you not want to see me again?” she asked, I could actually hear the understanding in her voice, but I could also hear the silent question it held. I chuckled and answered the question she hadn’t asked instead, “Minho, Choi Minho.” She giggled with delight and smiled, “So you do want to see me again!” I nodded with a closed eyed smile. At first it was a lie, and I told her that long after we became serious. She claimed that she already knew and that it didn’t bother her at all because that lie turned into truth and we... well, we fell in love.

--

Even now, we share an apartment together and Sahee still doesn’t know. Regardless whether she hates me or not, she’s till my best friend, I’ll always think of her that way. But I’m in love with Park Bom. I swore to myself that day that I’d make myself love her, but I didn’t have to. She’s beautiful, sweet, and perfect in my eyes. Sahee was, but I didn’t have the same connection with her as I developed with Bom. It wasn't a physical connection just because we ‘ed on the first date’. It wasn’t even a date.

When people ask how we met, we make up some random romantic story, and the story was different every time. Only our closest friends knew the truth, because it was just too embarrassing to know that we both messed up our first date, and our first time. Jonghyun still laughs at me and teases me about it, and Minzy still tells Bom that something bad might come of it. But neither of us care anymore. We’re together now, and that’s all that matters. I wonder if Sahee will ever accept me again, and I can tell her all these stories as my best friend. She’d probably laugh at me. But I wouldn’t care. We’d both be completely happy, right?

I still hope she falls in love with someone, mostly Daesung, because I don’t want to have this tension between us anymore. I want my best friend back. Even if it means her being happy with the man that hates me the most. I wish I could tell her that. I wish I could tell her everything I told Daesung. That I wanted them to be happy together. I half wanted to believe that Daesung told her those things, but I knew he wouldn’t have the heart, seeing as Sahee might still have feelings for me. And if she did, it might break her heart to know that I am letting her go, to be free. 


 

Word Count: 2,009

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, this is ending his point of view, and the next chapter will resume life with Daesung and Sahee in her point of view. If there are any special events/ideas you might want to see in here, please message me and I can probably throw it in. If it doesn't work with the basic plot line, I won't do it, but I am writing this stuff off the top of my head, so I can probably fit anything into it.