I Found You (And I Won't Let You Go)

I Found You (And I Won't Let You Go)

 

A/N: So, like I said in the foreword. This is for littlewhist, my new unicorn loving friend :3 <3

But who likes reading my Donggyu: HAVE FUN! 

Like I said, this is more on the serious side because I don't know, I can be serious too (with my minus twenty years of age :P)

So. Enjoy. BUH-BYE :DD



 

There is this park not too far from Dongwoo's apartment complex. It's not too big, with just a few benches, a little pond and quite a lot of trees. Also, there is a small play ground in that park, with a swing set and a slide, being the reason why a lot of mothers and children use to be there.

Dongwoo really likes that park. He usually goes there everyday. May it be for his morning jog, or his afternoon walk, or when he is running away from his neighbor's dog, because his neighbor hates him and likes to use him as training for his supposed-to-be police dog.

He likes the sound of the birds chirping there, or or the sound of children laughing, the chatter of their mothers. But more than often he would go there for the silence. He would go there when it is already dark, when the children went home, when the birds are sleeping, when there is only Dongwoo and the sound of his breathing and steady heartbeat.

He cherishes those silent moments the most.

So when he is taking one of his usual late night walks through that park, he is surprised when he hears music. The alluring sound of a guitar is sounding through the small park and Dongwoo, being his curious self, follows it. It is such a wonderful melody, a soothing but somewhere sad and lonely tune. Dongwoo can't help but close his eyes and listen.

He kinda likes this more than the usual silence.

 

 

The blue haired male finally finds the source of the beautiful music, sitting on one of the swings with a dark brown acoustic guitar in hand, gaze unfocused, a melancholy expression on his face.

 

Dongwoo feels his breath hitch.

 

There before him sits the most beautiful boy he has ever seen. He has soft features, the moon illuminating his soft caramel hair, small eyes, a perfectly straight nose and plush lips.
The blue haired male can't bring himself to move, to make himself known. Instead he chooses to watch as long, slim fingers pluck note after note, as small eyes fall shut and as the beautiful stranger gets lost in the music.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Dongwoo finds himself visiting the park more often since that night. Always at the same hour, always going to the same place.

Dongwoo is disappointed when all he finds is an empty swing.


So he finally decides to give up, today being the last day he tries. But to his surprise and immense happiness, the boy is there once more, plucking his guitar with a peaceful expression. Dongwoo smiles from behind his hiding place, getting lost in the sound of the music.

He wants to approach the other male, talk to him. But he is too much of a coward to do so. Instead he just sits there and listens to the sultry notes of the guitar and his own soft breathing.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

It's been a month since Dongwoo started his late night visits to the park. He usually would find the stranger there on Fridays, the blue haired notices, so he doesn't bother to come any other day.

But when he suddenly sees a familiar head of caramel hair during one of his morning jogs, reading a book peacefully, he can't help but crash into a tree. Like, directly into it.

He lies there, groaning in pain and total embarrassment because you, he just ran into a ing tree.

 

Suddenly there is a quiet chuckle coming from above him and his eyes snap open. There stands none other than the guitar-boy, looking down at him with his angelic features and his eyes crinkled and Dongwoo feels the profanities at the person who dares to laugh at his misery stuck in his throat.

 

A strangled croak manages to come out instead, which has the stranger breaking into beautiful laughter and Dongwoo turning red in the face.

 

He really doesn't need this.

So after the stranger helped him up, apologized for laughing and finally left, Dongwoo finds his voice again. And he lets out a loud groan of shame and punches the tree, which is totally at fault for his current misery, repeatedly.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

The next time he comes to the park to listen to the beautiful boy, he feels his heart clench at what he finds.

The boy is playing his guitar like always, yes. But the usually soothing, happy tune is replaced by a heartbreaking sad melody, the face of the stranger clouded with sorrow, tear streaks running down his chubby cheeks.

 

Dongwoo wants to punch himself for being too much of a coward and not going there to comfort the other. He just sits behind his usual tree, clenching his eyes shut with the effort not to cry.

 

What exactly is this person doing to him?

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Dongwoo meets his beautiful stranger the next day again.

It is a pure coincidence. Dongwoo has to buy some coffee since his coffee addict of a friend is coming to visit him the next day. He even wrote down exactly which beans he needs to buy, from which shop in which town.

 

Dongwoo contemplates just buying a random pack of beans, but Sungyeol would have his head.

 

So off to whatever hellhole his dear friend sends him.

He suddenly sees this all too familiar boy playing his guitar in front of a small crowd, this time with his guitar case lying open in front of him and the occasional person throwing some coins into it, the boy rewarding them with a beautiful smile.

 

This time, stranger-boy even sings. And he sings like an angel. Dongwoo has a hard time averting his gaze. But then he remembers “coffee” and reluctantly leaves, but not without throwing a ten dollar bill into the boy's guitar case, smiling hugely when latter's eyes light up with realization.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

So, how long are you planning on hiding behind that tree exactly?”

Dongwoo is shocked to the core when he hears the soft voice calling out to him on one of those usual nights. He sits there, blinking for a moment, thinking that maybe he heard wrong. He jumps when suddenly the voice is speaking up again.

“I know you're there.”

Hesitatingly Dongwoo stands up from his place and slowly walks out from behind the tree. The stranger's eyes are crinkling, formed into crescents and he is wearing a friendly albeit amused expression on his face.

 

Dongwoo can't help but blush.

“Hi.”, the stranger says, softly and invitingly, luring Dongwoo in and leading him into stepping a little bit closer into the moonlight. The blue haired male feels so exposed under the soft gaze of the other, that he has to gulp several times because he feels like something is stuck in his throat.

 

Sit with me.”, the boy offers, motioning to the other swing next to him, smiling when Dongwoo slowly complies.

 

Then without further words, the boy starts playing his guitar again and Dongwoo feels his heart beat even faster from his proximity to the stranger.

 

But when he feels the eyes of the other boy on him, soothing and inviting, Dongwoo closes his eyes and gets lost in the music.

 

I'm Sunggyu, by the way. From now on just join me here on the swings instead of sitting there, okay?”, the boy, Sunggyu, says and Dongwoo can't help but adore his small lisp.

 

Before Dongwoo has a chance to introduce himself, Sunggyu is gone and Dongwoo sits on the swing in a daze.

 

Sunggyu.”, he mumbles and he can't help the smile, which is making its way onto his face.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

I'm Dongwoo.”, he introduces himself the next time they are meeting under the stars. Sunggyu stops strumming his guitar for a moment and smiles at Dongwoo in acknowledgment.

 

Dongwoo.”, he repeats in the soft voice of his, smiling even brighter than before.

Dongwoo also has a -eating grin on his face. And for a moment there is silence, until Sunggyu picks up his guitar again and they fall back into the usual routine.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Five nightly meetings later, Dongwoo is sure that he is in love. He knows from how fast his heart starts beating when he sees the older, he knows from the way he automatically smiles like an idiot when he is near Sunggyu and he knows from the way he wanted to reach over, tangle his fingers in the hair of the other beautiful boy and pull him into a kiss at the last few meetings they had.

 

It is at the sixth time that he gives in and pulls the face of Sunggyu closer to himself, brushes his nose against the other's and presses his own lips against the elder's plush ones. He feels Sunggyu's breath hitch and the other freezes up. Dongwoo wants to pull away but Sunggyu's sudden grip in his hair hinders him and Dongwoo thinks his heart is going to explode when Sunggyu finally kisses back.

But his happiness is short lived. Sunggyu suddenly pulls back, looks at him with shocked eyes and all out runs away.

He even left his guitar.

 

Dongwoo feels like dying.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Sunggyu doesn't come anymore since that night and Dongwoo is shattered. Every Friday he would come and wait till the sun sets, always bringing Sunggyu's guitar with him in the hopes that the older would miss it and want to get it back.

But Sunggyu never shows up.

 

Dongwoo doesn't want to give up.

So he buys a book about how to learn guitar and during all of those sleepless nights he teaches himself, there at the swings where Sunggyu used to sit alone and play.

 

Dongwoo wonders if this is the reason why Sunggyu would play guitar there too. Waiting for their love to turn up again, carrying on playing music in that old park.

 

The blue haired male becomes really good with time, not as good as Sunggyu, but good nonetheless.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Sunggyu misses his guitar. He misses playing it in the night while reminiscing and getting lost in his thoughts. But he also misses how Dongwoo would listen to him play and smile at him shyly. He craves for another kiss from the big mouthed, kindhearted male. But how can he after he left like that.

 

Sunggyu was scared that night. Terrified. He had been afraid of relationships ever since his used-to-be boyfriend humiliated him in front of the hole school, calling him an useless and being good for nothing but playing guitar and singing.

 

So that's what Sunggyu kept on doing. Playing guitar and singing, trying to make people happy through it but never letting them get too close.

But Dongwoo managed to get too close, managed to melt down Sunggyu's cold cold heart with his warm smiles and soothing words and Sunggyu just bolted from that.

 

Now he is miserable.

Looking down into his book, Sunggyu tries hard not to cry. He is sitting in the park on a bench. Yes, that park. He is kinda hoping that he would see Dongwoo again, just like that time the other ran into the tree.

But he is hoping too much, isn't he?

 

Gripping the book even tighter, he suddenly hears soft music. A lonely little melody, worming itself through his heart and squeezing it and Sunggyu can't help but look up.

 

And come face to face with his object of desire with his guitar in hand, playing said melody with a sad smile on his face.

 

Sunggyu can't hold back the tears anymore. The other puts down the guitar without hesitation and immediately cups the older's cheeks, wiping away the salty tears and smiling encouragingly. Sunggyu all out throws himself into the other's arms.

 

I-I'm so-sorry, Dongw-woo. I shouldn't h-have left l-like that.”, he manages between sobs, making the younger smile at him and kiss his tears away.

 

It's okay. Cause I found you again.”

Bonus (Cause I can, okay.):

“So. How exactly did you run into that tree that one day?”, Sunggyu finally asks the question which has been on his mind since the day he saw it happen during one of their dates, cuddled up together on Dongwoo's couch.

 

The younger laughs and cups the elder's cheeks, pulling him up into a sweet kiss.

 

Why, of course because I was blinded by your beauty.”

 

At that, Sunggyu becomes red like a tomato and spends the next few minutes sputtering, eyes never leaving his laughing boyfriend.

“You- what- Woohyun. I knew I shouldn't have introduced you to each other. His grease has rubbed off on you!”, Sunggyu whines as he hits a laughing Dongwoo in the arm.


~The End ~