I thank god that I met you...

I was Born to Die YOUNG anyway...

It was a one sunny morning here in Seoul. I'm Geum Paige, 21 years of age and I'm a musician, Piannist and Violinist to be exact. and I'm performing in a five-star hotel's restaurant for a living. 

I'm here at the hotel for my work playing different songs and song requests by the guests and every other day I play the Violin, because today I'm playing the piano.

After my work I went out of the hotel to go and roam the malls and do some window-shopping... After that I'll go to my favorite Jajjangmyun restaurant.

"Annyeong Haseo!" I cheerfully greeted the old lady who was busy serving the customers only gave me a smile because she already knew that at that time, I'll be arriving and order my usuals.

"The usual Paige?" She asked.

"Yes, Please!" I said while nodding my head.

"Then wait for a moment!"She replied,

"Ye!"

this was my daily routine. When I wakeup first thing in the morning, I take a bath, eat my breakfast, go to my work place, It's from 8am til 9pm, then I'll eat my dinner here at my favorite Jajjangmyun restaurant then go to my apartment then take a bath after drying my hair, I'll go to sleep. That's what I do everyday, I don't celebrate birthdays ever since my uncle died at 25 when I was 13.

That was when I learned that our family had a chain curse, that everyone who was born in the Geum Family -specifically speaking, in our race- will not live beyond the age of 25, So that'll mean I'm gonna die 4 years from now. What's the use of having a promising job, being promoted and having a good life if I'm gonna die anyway?

"Here's your order Paige! Eat well, hum?" Eommoni said and patted my shoulder.

"Ye~! I will eat well, Eommoni!" I said and smiled. She said she wanted to be called "Eommoni" So I called her that, she knew my story because, This was the place that I had run into when I was shocked that the Chain Curse was passed onto me.

Then I started eating my Jajjangmyun, then the restaurant's door opened, and a guy entered wearing something thick like layered jackets, and shirts then a scarf around his neck an ear muffs and bonnet plus a mask.

'This guy's fashion sense is weird!' I said to my self.

"Annyeong Haseo!" He greeted.

"Oh! You're here early! You're schedule ended early?" Eommoni Asked. The guy nodded then I resumed eating.

"Eommoni, my usuals please."He said.

"Arasso, Arasso! Jya, you go and take your seat, tonight's a bit full so you could share tables with Paige, she's right over there." I heard Eommoni said. What? he's gonna share tables with me??

"Ah, okay... Is she... You know?" The guy asked almost whispering.

"No, she probably doesn't know you, she doesn't watch tv that much, or she isn't watching tv after her bath. She's just a simple girl ." 

"Ah okay, Eommoni."

Am I what?? what was that question anyway? Then I felt my phone vibrated so, I quickly took it out from my jacket's pocket and looked at the screen.

'Mr. Park is Calling... What is it now?' I said in my mind  and I answered the call.

"Hello, Mr. Park?"
"Paige, Have you reconsidered joining in my agency?" He asked the same question every time he called.
"Mr. Park, I told you for the nth time that you ask me, I won't be joining your company or agency or whatever is it called!" I said and somebody cleared it's throat. I looked up.

"Excuse me, can I share tables with you?" It was the guy who Eommoni talked to a while ago. I nodded.

"But please, reconsider it Paige, if you enter my company as a trainee and debuted you'll earn more than what you're earning now as a musician in the hotel you're performing!" He said.

This is the thing that I had to turn down because I know this opportunity won't last long. I'm 21 already so my due date is near.

"Look Mr. Park, I know your offer is very promising but I can't accept it for personal reasons so please just... Leave me alone." Then I ended the call. The guy was looking at me like he just saw a monster got mad.

"I'm sorry, It was just Park Jin Young of JYP Entertainment kept on calling me and offering me to sign a contract at their agency. I always turn him down but he's so damn persistent." I said to the guy who was speechless and not uttering any word. "Cat got your tongue?" I asked.

"Ani. I was just wondering, why did you turn him down even if the offer was promising? I mean it's a good deal, right?"

"Well yeah the deal is promising, but I turned it down, and the reason why I did turn him down is personal, Eommoni only knew the answer, why I don't want to sign at any other agencies name. It won't last long after all..." I just said and resumed eating.

 

"It won't last long? What do you mean?" He queried.

"Every celebrity has their own peaks, so when I reach that peak, I won't actually stay there for long, because anytime, the newbies will also take my place. So there's nothing permanent in this world." I said and finished off my food.

"Eommoni! How much?" I said as I stood up and walked towards her at the counter.
 

"Just the same old 3,000 won" She said. I smiled and handed her the money.

"Eommoni, you know you have a very nosy customer here, right? and for a guy, I hate that trait." I said whispering and then shook my head.

"Aigoo, For a 21-year-old lady like you, don't you want to have a relationship? I mean mostly girls at your age have relationships already, some are deciding to get married while you... When did you last had a boyfriend?"

"None." I answered flatly. It was the truth though. "I don't need a guy, Eommoni. Besides, I'm strong and the other reason." I said.

"Aigoo, Paige-yah, don't talk like that... You'll gonna live longer! Trust me!" She said and gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled a bit and bade good-bye to Eommoni and exited the restaurant.
 

======*****=====*****=====******=====

Paige had already exited the restaurant a while ago already when the guy who talked to Paige sneakily walked to the counter and asked the Eommoni..

"Eommoni!"

"Ommo na!" When Eommoni turned to look at the guy, she immediately slapped his shoulder, "Aigoo! Don't do that again! You scared the hell out of me, Wooyoung-ah!"

"Hehehe, mianhae. Eommoni, who was that girl?" he asked as he looked at the door where Paige just exited a while ago.

"Ah Paige? She's one of my regular customers here in my restaurant, why? You want to date her?" and Eommoni gave him a teasing look.

"Ayy, Eommoni, you know that I have bad records in dating someone. I haven't really dated yet!" He said almost whispering.

"Aigoo, it's not a problem, Just ask her out and you'll be fine! It's also time for her daily routine to get changed after all she's not getting any younger!" when Eommoni said that, It made the latter get confused. Creasing his brows he asked, "What do you mean by your last line, Eommoni?"

"You'll know it soon." Then she smiled.

       Then every night, Paige seemed to notice that Wooyoung was also there at the restaurant, he often talks to her and sometimes he treats her somewhere else. They got to know each other and became close, and while they were chatting at a park bench on a snowy evening, 

"So, how's life with the tapings and recordings?" Paige asked, while sipping on her steaming hot choco.

"Doing fine for now, Well, for now.. I mean many citizens thinks that I'm trying to date or I'm going out with IU when in fact I'm going out with you." He said his look on me teasing.

"Cut it out, Woo." I just said laughing.

"By the way, I'm just curious on a little detail about your life..."

"yeah, what about it?"

"How did you became a total orphan?"

She stilled for a moment or two, because she was surprised that the question was asked out of nowhere..

"How did I became a total orphan? Hmm, let see.. How should I tell this to you without making you look shocked?!" she simply started.

"What do you mean, Paige?"

"Well, I became a total orphan because, well, believe it or not, my family has a Chain Curse."

"A chain curse? Are you serious??" he said obviously surprised.

"Yes, I just found this out when my uncle died at the age of 25 when I was 13. The day before his real birthday a party was held at his house, I was there. He actually talked to me about He being dead when the clock strikes at 12mn. At first, I was saying that, 'Ayy, Don't be like that..' I really thought he was just joking, but when the grand father's clock strikes 12 he suddenly out. He fell on me. At first, I really thought he was just scaring me. but when I noticed he wasn't breathing at all that was when I was alarmed. I asked a few of my family friends, and they said that our family line has the weird number of age when they died. All of them, including my ancestors, died when they were 25." she told him. Almost crying, she choose not to let him see her weak side, so she had to supress her tears and wails..

"So you mean, that's the reason why you don't celebrate your own birthday?" he asked, Paige nodded.
 

"There was this book, that is secured until now, that's going to be passed on the 25th daughter of the Geum's. And I was thinking what is the contents of that book that needs to be fulfilled by the 25th daughter of the Geum's."

"And you're the..?" he trailed off..

"I don't know... They said that it's been a while since the Geum's had a daughter. Because mostly, all of the Geum's are composed of male..."

"Can you trace down your.. you know.." he asked.

"I'm also getting confused.." I said..
 

"I think I know someone who might could've help us." he said and we went to this guy who knows how to trace down the  line of a person.

"so, what's the result?" Wooyoung asked the guy.

"Hmm,"  after counting something in his chart he turned to look at us, "She's the 25th!" he announced.

"Are you sure?" Wooyoung reassured...

"Yes, 100%!"

 then the next day we went to the place where the Geum's family account was in.

"Excuse me." Paige said to the old man sitting at the counter.

"Yes, ma'am and sir, how may I help you?" the old man asked.

"I would like to claim the Geum Family's..." I was cut-off by the old man.

"Ah, Finally!" then he enthusiastically stood up and brought a key out. "Let me see your I.D and the proof that You're a real Geum." he said. I gave him my I.D and the Geum's family tree... After looking at the family tree he handed it back to me, and he said to follow him.

we arrived at a vault and he opened it handed me a box and gave me and the Disguising Wooyoung a time to look what's inside. I sat down the stool a little beside the vault our Ancestors had provided for us Geum's and opened the box. Inside the box, there was a black notebook.

"A notebook?!" Wooyoung asked surprised, "I thought it was a book?" He added.

"Well, I don't really know.." Then I opened the book and The initials written G.P. on the first page was a real shock! It seems like the ancestors know that G.P. will be the initials of the 25th daughter of the Geum's.

"What's inside?" When he asked that, his breath was fanning my ear and he is so near me, I felt that same feeling whenever he's around me, whenever we are together.

"I-I S-still d-don't know.." I said stammering. Ever since I felt this feeling whenever he's so close to me I'll always stammer, and that's a thing that I don't always do.

  Then I concentrated to notebook and read it's contents, it was about the Chain Curse the family has inherited a millenia ago, It was because the Geum decendants (Mostly boys) always go for reproduction and not true love, So a witch decided to cast a chain curse on the Geum family, that at their 25 years of living and they still haven't found their True Love they'll die at exactly 12 mn. For the one's who goes for reproduction only, they'll die at 25 with 3 months bonus. For they have a chance to find their True Love for the bonus life span. 
 

"This is the only reason for the chain curse?!" I said not believing what was happening.

"Just find your true love and you could live longer??" Wooyoung said also not believing what was happening right now. "Then the only problem now is, where is that guy destined for you?" He said. His eyes looking at my direction looks like he wants to say something that he couldn't say.

I cleared my throat, "I don't know either..." I said looking away from his gaze.

"Then, Do you, by any chance had a relationship before, or you promised someone that you'll gonna marry when you guys grow up, or... something?"

"I told you, Woo, I didn't have any past relationships because I know I'm destined to die at the age of 25! Neither did I had a childhood friend whom I promised to marry someday!" I said and turned to look at him with some irritation.

"Then do you like someone at the moment?" He queried, my eyes softened, the feelings I felt a while ago came back and it's a bit more overpowering now... Could it be that I have gotten to like this man in front of me?

"I... guess?" I said quite unsure.

"Oh!," then I saw some disappointment in his eyes and he nodded, "So, let's make an experiment, let's tell to that guy that you like him and we will see if he's the man that you're looking for, by the way if you don't mind me asking, who's this guy?" He said non-stop...

"You." I said whispering while looking downwards. I don't know if he heard it or what's his facial expression because I'm looking at the white tiles of the room and that's all I'm staring at. And I don't really know if he heard it or not because it was silent.

"Did I hear you say, me?" he suddenly said near my cheek, I was surprised so out of reflex, I turned and kissed him on the lips. I felt some sparks when our lips touched, slowly he moved his lips and was waiting for me to respond. I answered his sweet kiss to let him know that He's the one.

 

4 Years Later...

"Good job guys!" The cheery voice of Paige, greeted the exhausted 2PM members at the backstage of their concert.

"Thank you, Paige!" Said Nichkun and Taecyeon while hi-fiving her.

"Heya, Paige, Wassup!" Junho said, doing their usual handshake and hugs.

"I'm doin' great Junnie!" and she giggled.

"Thanks for the moral support Paige!" Greeted Junsu as he entered the backstage.

She laughed and Hi-fived Junsu, "No problem!" then she pulled out of her bag a bunch of riped bananas for Chansung.
 

"Chansung! Here!" she said, and Chansung rushed to her when he saw his favorite bananas on her hand.

"Thank you Paige! This is why I love you!" when Chansung said that she laughed when Wooyoung had to smack his head for saying I love you to me.

"Paige is only mine, you pabo!"

After the concert, they went to the after party at the guys dorm, while having fun Nichkun remembered something...

"Ah, Paige, Today's your 25th birthday right?" when he said that everybody went quiet, and Wooyoung's hold on her hand became tighter.

"So, does that mean, were going to wait until 12 mn?" Junho asked.

"I guess so..." Paige answered nonchalantly after all she just accepted the experiment which Wooyoung had offered her and now is the time to judge if she's going to live with the person she had chosen or she's just gonna fade away in this world with just one snap?

It was already quarter to 12 mn and  everybody in the room was just silent. Silently eating their meals, and silently waiting for the time to come. Everybody knows Paige and Wooyoung's relationship, they told it to the public since day 1 and at first there are so many issues and rumors that was being spread through the internet and the news papers, but it was settled down after some months.

"Oh, why is everyone's faces gloomy?" JYP entered the boy's dorm and sat down at the floor with us. "Didn't you just finished your concert? you should be happy and cheerful! uh?!" he said.

"But Jin Young hyung, can't you be quiet for now and wait until the clock strikes midnight?" Chansung the maknae said to the Founder and owner of JYPE. the atmosphere was so Eerie quiet that  no one actually talked until it was only a minute before midnight.

"Wooyoung-ah..." Paige said. Wooyoung, who noticed the heavy sadness in her voice, hugged her tightly and whispered to her ear...

"Hush baby,everything's gonna be alright, we will have to continue partying until in the morning, we will travel the whole world with my family, we will get married, we will get children, lots of them, we will see them grow, have their first heartbreaks, their getting married, they'll have kids as well, and we will see our grand childs grow old until we both leave this earth at the same time. So don't worry, Paige, Everything's alright." Wooyoung said trying to comfort Paige, but only to broke down into tears.

"10.. 9.. 8.." Junho and Junsu started counting..

The supressed wails came out of Paige's mouth and she also started crying.. "Jang Wooyoung, I love you, I will always will and forever will love you until my last breath.. I love you so much Wooyoung.." Paige said in between her sobs.

The other members were crying as well, they have known that Paige wasn't really a snobbish type of person, because she was totally the opposite of they have thought of, and they became really close with each other.

"3.. 2.." Nichkun, Taecyeon, Chansung, Junho, and Junsu said all in unison..

"Geum Paige, I love you so much, Even until I die in this world, I'll love you with all my heart." Wooyoung said and hugged her tightly.

"1.. " And the grand father clocked ringed and everyone in the room closed their eyes for they don't want to see their loved one die in front of them in their very own two eyes.

It took a minute or three until everyone opened their eyes once again.. Everybody was so nervous on what had happened on Paige, she isn't moving against Wooyoung's embrace neither did they see a movement on her breathing.. Everyone except for Wooyoung was going to cry when Wooyoung started to hug her tighter and he began to heave and sigh with a little trembling.. They actually don't know what really happened to Paige only Wooyoung knows... A liitle while longer, he began giggling then...

"Thank God!! Don't you ever do that again Paige!" Then Paige moved and smiled at them. Everybody rushed to her and hugged  her...

"Jang Wooyoung, I thank God that I met you. And I'm happy to have you." She whispered in Wooyoung's ear.

"I too, Thank God that I met you Geum Paige. And I'm also happy to have you, and Will you marry me?" he whispered back. She just kissed his cheek in answer. "I would take that as a Yes."

"It was meant to be a Yes." and they laughed.

 

 

 

=========================================================

A/N: thanks for reading, I hope you liked it..!

Comments.Subscription. is <3

thank you once again..

-Cosette-